"Club 12" from Glasgow

Richard

It all depends on the sky tv deal and sky are saying they don't want to go to war with scotland so now there is very little reason not to say bye bye to Rangers. Down to the 3rd division I hope, liquidation is a certainty now

More developments

Players to Join Newco

Rangers players must join newco - Charles Green

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green is adamant that existing players will be transferred to a new company.

His consortium aim to pursue a 'newco' route to complete their purchase after their offer to creditors was rejected by Revenue and Customs.

"If the players choose not to transfer they will then be in breach of contract," Green told the club website.

"But we want all of the staff and players to get behind what we are trying to do."

Protection of employment regulations suggest that employees must be offered but are under no obligation to accept the terms of transfer to a new company and the players' union has echoed this sentiment.

The issue is further complicated with player contracts under Fifa, Uefa and Scottish FA regulations.

But Green believes Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) compels the players to move across, saying: "TUPE is very clear and all employees will be transferred under the rules and regulations.

"We've explained to all the staff that contracts will be switched to the new company."

Paul Clark of administrators Duff & Phelps is also sanguine about the prospect of players switching to the newco.

"Once the sale is concluded, all of the players and staff will move over to the new company," he told BBC Scotland. "The newco will honour existing contracts. It's simply the name of their employer that changes."

With Rangers due to reform as a new company it means rival clubs will have to vote on whether to readmit them to the Scottish Premier League.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Clark added: "It will be for Charles Green to make arrangements with the SPL about the ongoing membership for the new company. Discussions have already taken place today.

"The position of Duff & Phelps is that we will remain as administrators probably for some more weeks. We will then get release from that position and the company will be passed into liquidation. But just to stress the club will have been sold and moved out of the company by then.

"The history of the club remains with the club, so the club moves from Rangers Plc into the new company and all of the titles and 140-year history will remain with the club. That was part of the two-stage process we set up with Charles Green all those weeks ago."

Under the terms of their agreement with Duff & Phelps, Green's consortium are set to gain control of a new Rangers for £5.5m, rather than a sum of £8.5m that had been offered in the CVA.

However, any new club will be excluded from European football for three years meaning a loss of revenue.

"Our purchase price has gone down by £3m," explained Green to BBC Scotland. "But the reality is that there is probably more money required to go in now because this means there is no European prospect for three years and that is damaging financially.

"We understood the risk from day one and we have to play the cards we are dealt."

Charles Green is hoping that the TUPE regulations will hold up in this case. If the newco is dumped in the third tier they may need the income they can get from selling any players.

We could see some players exploiting the webster ruling if that becomes the case.

It all depends on the sky tv deal and sky are saying they don't want to go to war with scotland so now there is very little reason not to say bye bye to Rangers. Down to the 3rd division I hope, liquidation is a certainty now

Sky would say that but the reality is nobody including them will be interested in watching a two team league with only one team.

It isn't only about the TV deal though, all the clubs would in the absence of Rangers face losing some of their biggest gate receipts of the season.

Liquidation is a certainty but their removal from the SPL is far less certain.

Rangers not included in the SPL fixture list. "Club 12" used as a placeholder where Rangers would have been.

RIP Rangers.

Hello to "Glasgow Rangers" playing in the SPL next season.

If you mean the English Premier League then Celtic can **** right off. If they want another league to bankrupt now the SPL is all but done they can look elsewhere.

Yeah I wouldn't want them anywhere near the Premier League. If they want to start at the bottom and work their way up then let them. But there's no way they should just come into the Premier League at the expense of another club.

Northern League division two > Northern League division one > Northern Premier League > Conference North > Conference National > Football League two > Football League one > Football League Championship > Premier League.

They can be in the Premier League by 2021/22 if they get promoted every year. Rangers are more than welcome to take this route too. :mrgreen:

Celtic can **** off generally, but I don't want them anywhere near this league. I wouldn't be too happy if they chose to start at the very bottom either, in all honesty.

I'm sorry but BOTH Rangers and Celtic are Scottish and should play in a League (frankly I couldn't care less which one) overseen by the SCOTTISH FA.

I am also of the opinion that Cardiff and Swansea should be playing in the Welsh Leagues under the Welsh FA FWIW.

If both FA's want to merge with the English FA and play under a Great Britain team, I am all for that - especially if it means we'll finally get a half decent Left Winger.

I'm sorry but BOTH Rangers and Celtic are Scottish and should play in a League (frankly I couldn't care less which one) overseen by the SCOTTISH FA.

I am also of the opinion that Cardiff and Swansea should be playing in the Welsh Leagues under the Welsh FA FWIW.

Ah, but that could lead to a tit-for-tat escalation, and Berwick Rangers being kicked out of the Scottish 3rd Division. And we wouldn't want that... :)

I have it on good authority (from a senior board member at an SPL club) that the SPL chairmen have already spoken informally about whether they should let 'The Rangers' into the top flight, and the outcome of those discussion was that it will be a resounding 'no' vote.

'The Rangers' need an 8-4 vote in favour to get into the SPL. At the moment they are nowhere near gaining that amount of support, according to my source.

'The Rangers' will then have to apply to the SFL to enter Div 3. The outcome of that vote is also not a foregone conclusion.

Hopefully this shitstain on Scottish society and its Zombie version will be dead and buried by August.

I know very little about the SPL but will it not lose money without Rangers? I would have thought it'd be in the leagues interest to put aside their dislike and keep Rangers there. Having said that, I can understand the other clubs are unhappy about Rangers' financial operations over the last few years.

If they vote to let Rangers, sorry The Rangers, into the SPL as a brand new club then surely that makes a complete farce of the entire Scottish league structure.

"Hi I've just started a brand new company, bought a football stadium, some players, and have a vaguely similarly name as a defunct team and wear the same colours. Can I just skip the whole league thing and start at the top?"

No, no you bloody can't.

So Sky threatening to pull the plug on its investment was a red herring? I am not sure how long their deal has left to run but they sure as hell won't renew it for the same amount without The Old Firm surely??

Will the smaller teams benefit from The Rangers boosting gate receipts as they make their way through the leagues? Could it be good for grass roots Scottish Football in a perverse sort of way?

This could be a very interesting test case for when one of our big clubs goes bust because it's bound to happen.

Â