Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I've always tried to be very positive and argued McLeish's corner on occasions (which has been a thankless task) but... the total lack of fight on Sunday was the final straw. I don't mind us getting humped. I knew we would, but to just barely turn up and accept it was a disgrace.

McLeish has to go. As does the entire sqaud bar a very select few..... Albrighton, Carruthers, Guzan, Weimann, Gardner, Herd, Baker, Clark, Bannan might be rescuable.

I honestly believe that the thing this club needs is a relegation. An excuse to get rid of the dead wood and the non performing Big Time Charlies that we seem to have collected and start again. Clear all the big earners, get a decent young, hungry manager in and start again.

Having seen the Spurs/Chelsea Semi yesterday I'm pretty much done with PL football. Lets have a season where we might win something...... even its just a playoff final.

UTV

Well said!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 down and we still were playing as if it was 0-0 !!! At no point did we go for it , and they were not that good Rooney was awful for most of the game yet still scored twice.

Wiemann scores 2 goals so lets stick him on the left wing and leave the 9.5mil signing on the bench for 80mins plus seriously he is beyond clueless

:thumb: B6.

Just everything about the game seems rotten at the moment.

Disgusted (but not surprised) that Ashley Young would pull a stunt like that against the club that made him.

Disgusted at the Chelsea fans yesterday...not just the minutes silence stuff but the Nazi salutes etc.

Disgusted at Liverpool.

Disguested that the FA Cup final will be between two teams Captained by a racist womanising clearing in the woods, and a Convicted Thug, along with the string of millionaires with dubious histories, Andy Carroll, AShley Cole, Suarez to name but a few.

There is no joy of the game anymore in the top flight. Alex, if you do one thing for us, get us out of this horrible, morally bankrupt division as quickly as possible. Open the **** trap door. Best thing that could happen.

I cannot believe what i had to watch yesterday, the defence were half hearted, the third goal showed that, i couldnt believe how it slowly rolled towards the goal. This is an example of our season. We have done nothing good this season, the players look like they are going through the motions. The PL has run its course for me, Aston Villa don't deserve a place in it next season.

We lack any fight from the manager to the players. Randy Lerner take your lap dog McLeish and leave our proud team alone.

UTV

It's the test of the 'true supporter' though, isn't it?

Obviously, I want Villa to win trophies, but no matter how far we fall, we are still Villa.

I supported the club in the old Third Division, but how many of our current 'fans' would just **** off and claim they 'support' Barcelona or some such if we got relegated?

The Premier League is not the be-all and end-all. And we are not automatically entitled to 'success'. Get used to it.

table doesnt lie but as bad as we are we dont dserve to go down as we are 6 points above relegation zone, 7 including GD

thing that worries me is we are stranded in 15th, no way we will get near 14t hspot

i am really hoping for a change in manager in the summer regardless of what happens. McCleish is not a bad man but he is no Villa man and i just think that although randy and he made a brave deciison it has not worked and a fresh enthusiastic villa man is required

If the unthinkable happens, the rest of the Premier League will simply say good riddance the same as they did when McLeish took Blues down. No one likes a boring, negative, anti footballing side and thanks to McLeish that is exactly what we have become.

I predict defeat by MON's lot and anything other than 3 points against Bolton could result in disaster.

Man seriously some of you guys are manic depressives,we only deserve to go down if we actually go down,if we have enuff points to stop up then we deserve to stop up,the table does not lie and after saying that I believe there the two who will go down with Wolves will be Blackburn and QPR ...Keep The Faith !

I've been saying it since Christmas that we were in real danger of being dragged into a relegation battle.

Yes we've had injuries.

Yes we've had suspensions.

Yes we haven't been able to replace our entire midfield in the last two years.

Yes we've had to endure the loss of our captain.

Yes we've had to play the kids.

Frankly, Im fed up with the excuses (bar the Petrov case).

Randy openly said Steve McLaren wouldn't get an interview because he feared the backlash from the fans. So what did he do instead? He hired some muppet who he knew would 100% get the fans backs up. The Villa job is not an easy one, so why employ some **** who a) isn't up to the task, and B) is going to be given the hardest time of any Villa manager to try and turn the fortunes of this club around?

The club I love has become a laughing stock in the past 2 years and frankly I've had enough. This whole scenario is very reminiscent of when Newcastle down, and I can see it happening to us now. We've got no fight. No spirit within the camp. How is McUseless going to fire up his players? Shouting 'Do it for Stan' isn't enough. The manager needs to have some tactics. Some thoughts on how to beat an opponent. How to actually wander outside of own half. Yesterdays game was an embarrassment. I can take losing to United, but to not even have a go is disgraceful. None of the players seemed to know what they were doing. They're kids, and they've not been given any actual instructions as to what to do on the pitch.

Looking at the fixtures, I don't see where we can win another game. Everyone else below us is either fighting, or picking up a couple of points here and there. I do think we'll get relegated, but even if we do, I don't have any faith in the board getting rid of the ginger parasite, or having the ability to actually make a decent enough of replacing him. They've had two big managerial decisions to make as a board, and have royally **** them both up.

Sorry Randy, I supported you and gave you my all, but you've took it too far now. You've ruined this club and I don't know how you can repair this without swallowing your pride and sacking McUseless and that idiot Faulkner.

Proud history. Despairing future.

Bolton could decide our fate, lose that one and we are right in the mix for the last to drop. hopefully other teams around us like QPR and such dont pick up to many points....sad that it has come to relying on other team losing cause we cant seem to win...

Randy openly said Steve McLaren wouldn't get an interview because he feared the backlash from the fans

im pretty sure randy said no such thing publically

Was just about to post that. Randy has never commented on it AFAIK.

Would someone mind putting in lehmans terms why it would be a bad thing for us specifically to go down, bar things like losing key players.

I live with 2 noses unfortunately and they LOVE being down and would rather stay that way for the banter etc and keep going on about it.

There is also an article on the guardian site I've been sent saying it might be a good thing... Which I just dont see or agree with in anyway.

Nice one.

Our rivals lose on Saturday and people start breathing a sigh of relief, we lose away at Old Trafford un Sunday and its all doom and gloom again, nothings changed except everyone (bar Bolton - whose extra games are us and spurs!) has one game less and our goal difference advantage decreased by about 3 on QPR

The one game less is by far and away the most important thing, QPR now have to win 2 and draw one of their remaining four games against some of the best teams in the league

Our rivals lose on Saturday and people start breathing a sigh of relief, we lose away at Old Trafford un Sunday and its all doom and gloom again, nothings changed except everyone (bar Bolton - whose extra games are us and spurs!) has one game less and our goal difference advantage decreased by about 3 on QPR

The one game less is by far and away the most important thing, QPR now have to win 2 and draw one of their remaining four games against some of the best teams in the league

And even then we drop by one place. A QPR win only gives QPR points. We've to drop by 3 positions. I don't mind someone going on a run. I'm just relying on the fact that 3 or 4 sides are not going to go on champions league-esque runs. I'm also hoping that we have one single solitary performance left in the tank that will get us over that line.

Randy openly said Steve McLaren wouldn't get an interview because he feared the backlash from the fans

im pretty sure randy said no such thing publically

Was just about to post that. Randy has never commented on it AFAIK.

but schteve mclaren himself commented on it, about an interview being arranged then canceled after the fans made the opinions known.

IMO if we get a point against Bolton then we're safe, lose, then they, QPR and Wigan will be right on us. I think the doom and gloom people are expressing atm, comes from just how poor we look. Saturday went a long way to helping us secure safety, but I feel people did not realise, until sunday, exactly how poor we are, and how tactically inept McLeish is. Some people are of the opinion we wont pick up another point this year.