Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Am I missing something?

Yes, they didn't gain a single point on us this week at all

Ignoring Bolton for a min (whose games in hand are against us and Spurs)

Blackburn are already as good as down, they are seven points plus a huge goal difference (thats effectively 8 points) away from us with four games to play against Norwich (H), Spurs (A), Wigan (H) & Chelsea (A) - I cannot see them overhauling us even if we lose every game - relegated imo

Wigan are 4 points away from us, again with a huge goal difference in or favour, that's effectively 5 points away and they have games left against Arsenal (A), Fulham (A), Newcastle (H), Blackburn (A) & Wolves - I can see them staying up but not overtaking us

QPR are 4 points away from us with again a huge Goal difference in our favour (thats 5 points etc) and they have only four games left against - Spurs (H), Chelsea (A), Stoke (H) and Man City (A) - not going to overhaul us and severely in danger of going down as they may get bugger all from those games

Bolton may survive they may not, I doubt they'll overhaul us though

And all that assumes we'll get nothing from our remaining five games

Spot on and this is why I'm still not concerned. I fail to see how some people seem to be overlooking all these things and instantly looking at the gloomy side of things.

I still maintain that we will be safe.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think saying QPR wont get another point is about as silly as saying we wont get another point (which Im guilty of). I think, somehow (unbelievably), we are probably safe and that Blackburn and Wolves are already down.

I've seen their fixtures, barring Chelsea away they're all very winnable

:lol:

In that case, so are ours. Actually we have a much easier run in than them...

QPR won't overtake us and I'm pretty confident of that.

To suggest QPR won't get another point is ridiculous

will they get the 5 more than us they need to pass us though?

Unlikely but not impossible.

and will blackburn get 8 points more from norwich, spurs, wigan and chelsea than we get from our remaining games? or will bolton get 7 more points from swansea, villa, sunderland, spurs, west brom and stoke than we get from our remaining games? or will wigan get 5 points more from arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn and wolves than we get from our remaining games?

because 3 of those 4 things need to happen for us to go down

I think that we will stay up but only just;Wolves,Blackburn & QPR or Wigan to go down,I reckon Bolton might sneak out of it,however it does not excuse our terrible season and to ensure next season is not the same Mc Leish has to go because the Club has to pull together and tow the same line that includes the Board,Players,Manager/Coaches & the Supporters,it is impossible for that to happen in this present state.

Yes they have winnable games, yes so do we.

But since when did our manager attempt to win?

Since when did all of these teams suddenly turn into teams capable of winning three games out of four against some of the best sides in the PL?! Won't happen and we're safe.

Since when did all of these teams suddenly turn into teams capable of winning three games out of four against some of the best sides in the PL?! Won't happen and we're safe.

Well, Blackburn, Wigan and QPR have both beaten those teams and also show more fight and ambition, at least by going forward they have more chance to win, where-as we might just scrape a result if we are lucky.

I'd rather back a team with just guns, than a team with just shields.

Well, Blackburn, Wigan and QPR have both beaten those teams and also show more fight and ambition, at least by going forward they have more chance to win, where-as we might just scrape a result if we are lucky.

If we're going to go off past results then why not mention ours? We beat Bolton and Norwich earlier in the season. Plus we drew with Sunderland. Does that count for nothing? Or are you just trying to put a negative spin on things?

If we're going to go off past results then why not mention ours? We beat Bolton and Norwich earlier in the season. Plus we drew with Sunderland. Does that count for nothing? Or are you just trying to put a negative spin on things?

I don't think we can win by playing negative football and worry that others around will be more pro-active and actually attempt to gain wins. I worry the players are now have no confidence after the manager has shown no faith in their attacking ability and I also worry about the pressure he has put on Agbonlahor to captain us through this, when he is supposed to be scoring goals and not worrying about the rest of the team and just when we need somebody loud and being a leader, he chooses somebody quiet to captain us.

I worry that we are NOT doing enough under his stewardship based on a number of things, from this season, from his lack of enthusiasm in our attacking play, from the exact same thing that happened to him last season and from many of my fears coming true.

If it is easier to pretend we won't go down, fine. I know there are more games to play this season and only when we cross that line will I finally believe we are safe.

Not before.

qpr will lose due to their arrogant insistence on playing "hardcore" mode and having a player sent off every other game. Such impudence will get its just rewards.

bolton and wigan could finish above us, and we could finish 17th QPR will get battered by Spurs - desperate to finish 4th, Chelsea, desperate to finish 4th, and Man City- title mode / desperate to finish well / far superior side generally.

At best I can see a win v stoke and maybe a point against Chelsea depending how Chelsea are doing in the league and the champions league.