Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I picked Downing's stats because that is one of the players you said we were so badly missing this season - his stats so far show a different picture to the one you are painting. Ashley Young, just to appease you, has: Played 13 times, had 28 shots, scored twice, with 5 assists. His stats are the best out of all three assist-wise, but Marc has a much higher conversion level when it comes to the number of goals from shots taken. Considering Ashley is now playing amongst the best players in the PL, his stats are not overwhelmingly better than Albrighton's at all. Not bad for a player whose level, according to you, is League Two? :lol:

You clearly don't watch the Villa much if you think his best game was at Bristol Rovers, what rubbish. His best game was Bolton away and his best game last season was United at home - so going by your deluded logic that must mean Manchester United is his level, yes?

I'm not sure what Marc Albrighton has personally done to you, but it has clouded all logical, reasoning judgement and made you just look like a hateful man with a personal grudge.

The pointless question you keep repeating is so off topic it may as well be on another forum. Why does it matter whether we would 'buy' him from another club? It is irrelevant and should be treated as such. He's come up through the academy, and is currently the best winger we have at the club.

I can just picture your face when Marc scores a goal or gets an assist - it probably keeps you up at night. As someone else said, hatred is such an ugly emotion.

I find it impossible to imagine how anyone could "hate" Marc Albrighton. He strikes me as a very decent, grounded sort of bloke, who loves Villa, works hard to improve his game and wouldn't say a cross word to anyone ever.

He still has some flaws to his game but he has shown us enough this season to make it worth sticking with him and supporting him in his own ambition to play regularly for the Villa and improve his game.

Hatred is such an ugly emotion. I urge you to desist.

This.

Albrighton was poor yesterday and if his crossing is wayward which it was he struggles to contribute much else.

However he's been better over this last month to suggest he's putting his poor form behind him so I'd say he can have a good second half of the season and set up some goals for Bent.

I picked Downing's stats because that is one of the players you said we were so badly missing this season - his stats so far show a different picture to the one you are painting. Ashley Young, just to appease you, has: Played 13 times, had 28 shots, scored twice, with 5 assists. His stats are the best out of all three assist-wise, but Marc has a much higher conversion level when it comes to the number of goals from shots taken. Considering Ashley is now playing amongst the best players in the PL, his stats are not overwhelmingly better than Albrighton's at all. Not bad for a player whose level, according to you, is League Two? :lol:

You clearly don't watch the Villa much if you think his best game was at Bristol Rovers, what rubbish. His best game was Bolton away and his best game last season was United at home - so going by your deluded logic that must mean Manchester United is his level, yes?

I'm not sure what Marc Albrighton has personally done to you, but it has clouded all logical, reasoning judgement and made you just look like a hateful man with a personal grudge.

The pointless question you keep repeating is so off topic it may as well be on another forum. Why does it matter whether we would 'buy' him from another club? It is irrelevant and should be treated as such. He's come up through the academy, and is currently the best winger we have at the club.

I can just picture your face when Marc scores a goal or gets an assist - it probably keeps you up at night. As someone else said, hatred is such an ugly emotion.

First of all i've seen every game for about 4 years now as a season ticket holder that still turns up through the good and bad i feel have a right to my opinion!

I have already stated this is not personal, i dont kno the man but i have an opinion on how he performs his job. I hate the way he performs and when i pay £400 a year to see players like him i get disappointed. I would love to be wrong, massively. I would love him to come good but from what i have seen in the last two and a bit seasons where he has been abouti think he is another youth olayer going no where. He will soon be with stefan moore driving taxis for a living.

Best thing he did yesterday was to take down Donovan and take the booking when Everton were on the break. Its a shame Petrov didnt at least try and make a challenge on Donovan in the build up for their goal rather than backing off so much.

The most frustrating part about yesterday is that half of our players wouldn't have tracked back, instead they'd have left the runner which wouldn't have been noticed. Instead Albrighton did the right thing, all the way till the end and then gets slated by fans and his own manager in the press which won't help his confidence. That despite our fullbacks doing the exact same thing game in game out.

Why had Warnock been totally sucked infield ??

I put more blame on him than Albs, and Given was very slow off his line

Because Collins had gone up for the set piece, leaving Dunne and Warnock back. If he'd stayed in his left back position he'd have been leaving a huge gap in the middle. For all his mistakes recently, the goal wasn't his fault.

He's still young, and with more playing time, I think he'll only improve. He's a talented player. I don't think he'll be donning an England shirt anytime soon, but he's a player I'd like Villa to hold onto.

The original poster says OTHER people have lowered the tone of this thread :lol: Christ, is that a joke?! How ironic. This thread is pathetic and how you can 'hate' Marc Albrighton is completely and utterly beyond me.

Perhaps you should crawl back to your own board? www.keeprighton.com

It's funny you mention how Bent would have played far better this season with players like Downing in the team. This season, so far, Marc has: Played 16 games, had 12 shots, scored twice and notched one assist. Downing, by contrast, has: Played 20 games, had 46 shots, scored none and notched no assists. You could also argue it would be easier to play better in a better team, as Liverpool quite clearly are. So the evidence doesn't really match your unjust, and nonsensical criticism, does it?

Marc clearly has his limitations, and he is still prone to making silly mistakes, particularly defensively. He needs to cut that out and I'm sure it's something he will work on. But attacking wise he is quite obviously one of our most dangerous threats, and is the best out-and-out winger we have at the club at present. He can whip in a fantastic delivery and also knows where the net is too. Out of all the players who could be lambasted at the moment, Marc Albrighton is one of the players least deserving of it. Anyone who can be the best player (by a mile) on the field in a game versus Manchester United is clearly a good player.

In fact, if all 11 of our players had the passion and work ethic of our two home grown Villa fan first teamers (Gabby & Marc) I have no doubt we would be higher up the table than at present.

If you don't rate him, that's your opinion. But to say you hate him, and the tone of your post is quite frankly one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on here. And then you have the absolute cheek to say other posters have 'lowered the discussion'. I think Hutton and Warnock are both awful players who should be playing Championship football, but I don't hate them. Just grow up or do one - Albrighton will be around for a long while yet.

Thank you for saying it (even :))better than I could have.

Totally agree that he is one of our biggest attacking threats. Creating and scoring goals is what he does. Yes he needs to improve on the rest of his game, but if you need a goal, he's one of the players you want on the pitch.

He's still young, and with more playing time, I think he'll only improve. He's a talented player. I don't think he'll be donning an England shirt anytime soon, but he's a player I'd like Villa to hold onto.

Hes not that young though is he ? 22 thereabouts ?

If he were 17 fair enough - but at 22 - I am not expecting a massive up turn in form.

Don't get me wrong he will probably have the odd good game - but at this level its what you do week in week out that counts

why on earth had Collins gone up, it wasn't a set piece, Ireland had just tried a very poor curler

It was a corner initally. Collins actually did get back but Donovan easily cut past him and then passed to Anichebe.

Actually the pass to Ireland was a really good throughball from....Marc Albrighton.

Why had Warnock been totally sucked infield ??

I put more blame on him than Albs, and Given was very slow off his line

jesus christ, I know nobody likes Warnock at the moment but its Albrightons fault, acknowledged by everyone including him. The only thing thats wrong is the witch hunt. Albrighton has put his hand up and admitted blame, he'll learn from it.

If he were 17 fair enough - but at 22 - I am not expecting a massive up turn in form.

Don't get me wrong he will probably have the odd good game - but at this level its what you do week in week out that counts

And that's the thing- he's not given a chance week in week out.

And BTW, how many 17 year olds are playing in the Premier League?

22 is still young.

22 is still young.

Not Many.

But truly top class players start getting appearances at the age. Look at Barry, who played when he was just 17, Rooney, Gabby, .

Watching Albrighton now I feel that previous managers were vindicated in not playing him. Whilst at 22 he is young - he is not a niave teenager. He isn't going to improve dramitically. Hes a J Lloyd Samuel calibre player

22 is still young.

Not Many.

But truly top class players start getting appearances at the age. Look at Barry, who played when he was just 17, Rooney, Gabby, .

Watching Albrighton now I feel that previous managers were vindicated in not playing him. Whilst at 22 he is young - he is not a niave teenager. He isn't going to improve dramitically. Hes a J Lloyd Samuel calibre player

You are so so so so so so wrong.

Football has changed a lot in the past 5 seasons, barely any players under the age of 21 are regulars for their clubs, unless of course they were signed for big money.

22 is still young.

Not Many.

You are so so so so so so wrong.

Football has changed a lot in the past 5 seasons, barely any players under the age of 21 are regulars for their clubs, unless of course they were signed for big money.

???? Does that mean Albrighton will make the grade or not ?

For he looks way short of whats required.

Â