Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

i was in Birmingham yesterday but didn't get a chance to try on the kits for sizing.....

i was a medium with the recent Nike kits....

could somebody who was also medium in the Nike kit and has bought the new one tell me what size Macron kit i would need?

cheers

Small.

i was in Birmingham yesterday but didn't get a chance to try on the kits for sizing.....

i was a medium with the recent Nike kits....

could somebody who was also medium in the Nike kit and has bought the new one tell me what size Macron kit i would need?

cheers

Small.

oh good ! a nice boost for the ego then :D

cheers

Would appear Macron also made the jokers gear in the dark knight, have a look at the sleeves. Clicky

God how shit is that material? Just looks so cheap. Look how loose that shirt is, awful awful stuff from Macron there.

Those Leeds shorts are bloody weird...

I suppose you have not looked closely enough at our away shorts. I did not notice until I looked at the additional views on our website but they are styled the exact same...longer in the back than in the front. Interesting style.

The templates look very very similar. The difference being the leeds kit is all blue, obviously

The arms look tailored on the Leeds kit.

I think baggy arms on a football shirt in 2012 is simply unacceptable.

I think our kit is complete **** gash. First time I've ever thought that as it happens. Horrid.

Oh well. On to the football.

It's one thing for a kit to look a bit shit on an out of shape and podgy football supporter.

It's quite an achievement to make a kit look ill fitting and shit on professional athletes.

Well done Macron.

Got the home shirt a couple of weeks ago. I was an L with the old Nike kits, but a M fits about the same with the new one.

Can't stand the cut of the new shirt though. Something about it is just wrong. Looks, I don't know, very square/blocky and it hangs all wrong.

The old Nike kits, however poor aesthetics-wise their designs became, always fitted really well.

Oh, and the shiny material used shows up sweat. A lot. So during the hot summer, being the sweaty sweaty man I am, it looks like someone pissed all over my underarms.

Looked at the kit yesterday and tried a couple of them on.

My impressions:

I'm not as much of a fan of how it looks in the flesh than I was on the pictures. The blue is very light and the wrong shade. Rest is ok but there is a certain "cheap" look abotu it.

As for how it fits, it isn't baggy. The large was baggy on me (I'd usually have a large) but the medium fit fine. It's not skin tight but it's no different to how most other football shirts fit.,

Baggy arms? to be quite honest I didn't pay that much attention to them as I didn't even realise that was a talking point. If they're baggy, they're not baggy enough for me to notice.

Basically, I'd say don't confuse having a size too big as being baggy. You just haven't got a shirt that fits you, that's all.

The material is absolutely fine. Nothign cheap about the feel or quality of the material. Feels as good as anything we had with Nike.

Overall, I probably won't buy one to be honest. That's only because I'm not in the habit of buying one every year. If I was I'd have no problem with this shirt. It's not the nicest, but it's certainly not the worst. It didn't blow me away enough to want to buy one, but it wouldn't have put me off if I'd gone in there with the intention of getting one.

Also, I went in with a Liverpool fan and he was impressed in so much as when he heard it was Macron he assumed it would be awful. But he did share my view that there was a certain element of it that we couldn't really put our finger on that made it look a bit cheap. But he liked it and certainly didn't think it was awful.

Oh, and I didn't see any girl who I would describe as a goth. There was a reasonably tidy Blonde girl in there, but she had the personality of a baked potato when I spoke to her so I wasn't overly impressed.

Oh and the training gear is shit.

And that nice "leisure wear" top isn't as nice in the flesh either. It's ok, but not amazing. And it has some writing on the sleeve that ruins it (liverpool fan spotted that first)

Â