Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Simply reporting facts

Thank you for that vital report CI. You saw some loose thread on a top, these are the facts we need in order to make a final judgement on the kit supplier.

I will take your report away and add it to the other files and make my decision by the end of next week.

Simply reporting facts

Thank you for that vital report CI. You saw some loose thread on a top, these are the facts we need in order to make a final judgement on the kit supplier.

I will take your report away and add it to the other files and make my decision by the end of next week.

I saw one today that had THE most perfect stitching you could ever hope to see.

Went to the villa village at VP today. The new polo shirts are top class and fit great. The arms are fitted too. Got the white one with blue across front and light blue with black across front.

I was planning on getting the black one with light blue, but to me it looked bland and very meh.

Quite a few crew neck t shirts on offer too.

Some of the training stuff is shocking, like the jumpers with no elasticaton at the waist. Training bottoms are a bit shat too.

That vintage claret and blue number by macron is absolute shite, it's like a pyjama top from primark. View it before you buy!

Yeah I said earlier it was pyjama like, nice to sleep in on a cold night

There is also the ASTON VILLA 1874 print down the left sleeve vertically which seems like some random after thought

And theres some silly macron logo on the right shoulder

Some of this gear is bloody awful

There is also the ASTON VILLA 1874 print down the left sleeve vertically which seems like some random after thought

Yes, Gok, as you said earlier.

I bet they love it when you walk into the Villa Shop. :|

I actually bought last seasons DVD review when I last went

Only £10

Will you be using it as a form of punishment to unruly children in an attempt to keep them in check? Really couldn't see anyone buying to provide any sense of enjoyment. :o

You don't kiss the crest.

You kiss the badge.

But only if the player is English, and by English I mean have two parents who are English and their parents must be pure English too. Also, you have to have only ever eaten Shephard's Pie, or bangers and mash or fish and chips, none of that disgusting foreign food and you may only kiss the badge whilst kicking the shit out of one of your own teammates who is a foreigner whilst singing God Save The Queen and sporting a bulldog on your head.

Aren't both names correct? IME the emblem of the club is usually referred to as the club's crest. A copy of an emblem which can be attached to clothing is called a badge.

Slightly off topic,

When did our badge officially become a "Crest".

Crest sounds so.... American.

Maybe we can scrap this rubbish amateur "Crest" ( the Bosko Balaban of Badges) and bring back a proper badge, round, simple and says Aston Villa on it!

Wouldn't "logo" be far more American than either, though?

E.g. the closest analogue on the gridiron, would be the "helmet logo":

The Browns are the only National Football League team to not have a helmet logo. The logoless helmet serves as the Browns' official logo.

In the flesh I think the away kit looks much better than the home kit, don't like the yellow trim at the bottom of the home shirt.

I agree. I think the home kit is quite awful. The yellow trim at the bottom looks terrible and for me me it's one of the worst kits we've ever had. The away kit isn't bad though.

Macron really are the pits.

Hence why I tuck the front of the shirt in so i don't look like too much of a tit with that yellow strip.

Thinking about buying the away kit as well really - Imagine if everyone wore there away kits to the away games! Would be absolutely class!

Somewhat ironic for me since I personally think tucking in football shirts make you look a bit like a tit, let alone only tucking in the front of it!

Â