Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I have no problem with the design

But I think the players will think they're hopeless - a bit worried about the functionality. The shorts have a funny thing going on.

Jesus, it's just a shirt, short and socks. It's not going to dramatically affect their performance. The shorts just have a shorter bit on the trim, the players won't even notice it.

And collars... who plays with collars these days?

Denmark for one, and we should be thankful we don't have that shit on our shirt. Poor form Adidas. Anyway, Macron drew inspiration from the '80-'81 League Champions shirt, which indeed has a collar.

But that's my point. Granted, it's only a fraction of what goes towards performance but every part of sports science is engineered to make a difference, otherwise players would still be playing in old kits with woolen socks and heavy screw-in boots.

Squillions of dollars are spent on this sort of research. I don't like to think we've gone backwards in that regard.

The away shirt is not half as bad as I thought it might be. Not half as gaudy as I'd imagined, when told it was lime green. In fact dare I say, it's actually rather nice.

If the sleeves on the home had been a little bit darker, I think we'd have a classic on our hands. All in all though, that kit doesn't suck.

0,,10265~10951927,00.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha...

It's all about the confidennnce

I like both. After the leak earlier i've changed my mind a few times but now seeing the players wearing it and watching the videos, big fan of both kits. More so the away one, would be my preferred choice if I could only buy one.

Fixtures next. After that, incomings please RL, PF & PL :)

And collars... who plays with collars these days?

Napoli did this past season and everyone was jizzing themselves over their kit.

It's all personal preference, you either like it or you don't.

At the end of the day, if the players play well in this kit, people will look back on it and say what a great kit it was.

That's how I see it anyway :)

For the record, I like it. Although like most, I'm not a fan of the Macron man on the shoulders.

I like both kits. The home looks very nice, seems like macron have spent heaps of time working on the 'little things' - trim, collar, colours, emblem etc. I've also really liked the promos and videos of the manufacturing, photo shoot etc. Very professional IMO.

Also, great to see 2 Aussies in the official advert...one very happy Villan here. :D

My only initial issue was the blue triangle on the neck, but, the rest of all kits look great. Love the striped socks.

Interesting to see that they had Stephen Ireland in the photocall, this may be because he was Fans Player of the Year, but, if it's true that Lambo wants to sell him, it's odd that they are happy to have a 'sold' player all over our promotional material.

Good job by Macron

Blahhhh... Super safe kit.....

I hoped they might try something new, but nahhhhh...

The away kit is an away kit...... Green..... Hmmm....

This kit is perfect for an AMc team.

In fairness they absolutely had to go super safe.

If we've gone from the biggest sportswear company on the planet to Macron, and Macron give us something out of left field people would be out for blood.

They've given us a simple, typical Aston Villa kit without much to talk about. They've done exactly what they had to do.

If their first couple of kits for us are popular, then they can go a bit more ambitious.

I think both kits look good, the little blue v on the home shirt just breaks the colours up a little bit more, thank god no more black socks although I do like white socks with our home kit, overall a well done to Villa & Macron....

I like the kits, they are just decent, good kits. Not really sure what people want for the whole "wow" effect when its just a football kit.

I read a comment on twitter by a Villa fan and it said "it doesnt represent a team wanting to play with flair" ha ha ha ha what a cock.

Also just read this one "We glow in the dark, we glow in the daaaaaarrrrkkk, were aston villa, and we glow in the dark" :D

Â