Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

The simple facts are we overpaid both in wages and transfer fees for a player at the end of his career and three full time managers and two temporary managers have not thought him good enough to start games or even be on the subs bench most of the time.

The Hutton comparison is a red herring. I agree Hutton looks piss poor to me and a waste of money but that's separate to Beye. Cuellar will do a better job at RB as will Herd who looked very good in that role and we we have Lichaj back from injury eventually too.

If he really was the money grabbing anti-christ that some paint him out to be on here he would have just said 'no thanks' and ran his contract down with us.

Which he has done up untill now. The last yr of his contract. So yeah he is the money grabbing anti-christ. Fail to see how you can still defend him.

If he really was the money grabbing anti-christ that some paint him out to be on here he would have just said 'no thanks' and ran his contract down with us.

Which he has done up untill now. The last yr of his contract. So yeah he is the money grabbing anti-christ. Fail to see how you can still defend him.

Yep, this move smacks of, I have got to play to get my next contract offer. If he didn't play between now and the end of the season his playing career would probably be over.

Agreed, he knows he is overpaid and will never get that money elsewhere so has done his maths and worked out that he is better off doing nothing.

Still defend him?? I still cant see what he did wrong in the first place!! Getting paid on the terms of your contract isnt money grabbing. Its getting paid. Like i said its not his fault we signed him. What do you expect him to do? Tear up his contract and go sailing off into the sunset because hes not getting games?!

Still defend him?? I still cant see what he did wrong in the first place!! Getting paid on the terms of your contract isnt money grabbing. Its getting paid. Like i said its not his fault we signed him. What do you expect him to do? Tear up his contract and go sailing off into the sunset because hes not getting games?!

He was 31 when we signed him, I think his other option at the time was Hull. He would have been amazed when we came in for the money and contract length offered, he snatched our (MON) hands off. That isn't his fault I agree.

But...now call me old fashioned but after 18 months of doing sweet FA a footballer might have thought, you know what I actually fancy playing football, he could have seeked a move to the championship or anywhere else and played regular football. Did he?? no chance, he sat on his arse earning big wages doing nothing but train. He's a total money grabber.

Now as his contract comes to an end, and the transfer window is round the corner, he's put himself in the shop window! shock horror!

Â