Will you renew your ST if McLeish is manager next season?

Villarocker

If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)  

167 members have voted

1. 1. If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)

• Yes - no matter what
    • Unsure
    • No - because of McLeish / the football
    • No - because of the money

No, I have even starting selling this years tickets on Viagogo! So I have got rid of Man U Liverpolp and Ars... and my bank balance is more the better for it. I will pick and choose my games from now on. Maybe join a golf club, but the last time i hit 2 ball straight was when I stood on a garden rake!

Unsure.

DOn't know if I'm going to be in the country next year but if I am I don't know if I will renew, mainly due to financial reason really but this is linked to Mcleish in a way. I just can't afford to fritter the money away on travel plus expenses when it is so depressing when I get there (yesterday a case in point). If I don't renew I will spend the cost of the ST going to extra away games probably.

not a **** chance. trying to save for a deposit on a mortgage, and the £900 me and this missus spent on ours this season was a mistake, i renewed at the end of last season, had i know that prick would have been in charge i wouldnt have bothered anyway, i had season tickets under o`dreary but that isnt as bad as the dross being served up this season. but i did get a free pie and £1.50 off away coach travel :hooray:

I'm a no because of McLeish. Held the ticket for 25 years too. I have said it elsewhere, but I would not watch this team on TV. That old Lineker line of being better to watch on Ceefax can now apply to us.

If we get rid of McLeish I will more than likely renew even if we are relegated by then. I just want us to play to win.

I would also like to make it clear like many have before me, that this has nothing to do with where he came from and everything to do with where he is taking us.

To be honest, I said I would't be getting mine the day that mcLeish was appointed- but then I relented having convinced myself that it may not be that bad and that there could be positives to look forward to after the debacle of Houllier.

I genuinely did think there was a chance that McLeish could at the very least get the team back to the well-organised, hard-working counter-attacking outfit that O'Neill produced. After all, even with the departed players, we still have the personnel to do that. It may be old-fashioned and not the best towatch but it could be effective. I also thought that he would be so determined to prove everyone wrong that he would work night and day to show he was more than just a damage-limitation manager capable of setting up teams to defend.

The reality has so far proved that this was all little more than blind hope. The football is awful, the atmosphere flat and it is generally an unpleasant and frustrating experience going on matchdays at present.

Next summer, there will be no decisions made based on any such hopes. If McLeish is still here we will know exactly what we are getting and I have a feeling that a lot of people will decide that they don't want to part with their money.

The Club gambled on the fact that most die-hard supporters can't bear the thought of turning their back on the simple ritual of going. This is, to my mindm, what accounts for our still reasonable attendances this season. I think next summer will be the ultimate litmus test that will show exactly how much patience remains for being treated in such a cynical manner.

If changes aren't made, I shan't renew and I will be writing to Paul Faulkner to tell him exactly why.

My mate has already said he's not renewing, I was trying to talk him out of it with the 'support the club, not the man' arguement...but he came back with something I couldn't argue with...he said 'I'll always support the Villa, even if we'd been relegated I'd still have gone to games, but right now, the quality of football is so awful. Why would I want to spend an afternoon watching rubbish football? It's not enjoyable'...

Fair point if you ask me...

you see this thread faulkner, randy and co. the club is losing further fans and will continue unless you put a end to this mans reign. its going to be a 15-th16th place that awaits after chelsea game if not worse.

act now sack the man, you know its the right thing to do. villa fans will respect you more that you act now realise you made a major mistake with this appointment and get someone like hughes in

Its not just about the manager or director or even the football we play, I have been going down since the early 80's and been there through a lot of bad times but never have I felt like this.

its the premiership too in my opinion, money has put us in a position where we just make up the numbers and as soon as we get a good player you know we can not afford to keep him.

I think the only thing that may make me renew next season is a major investor and change of manager or if we get relegated. Yes I know! Relegated! Some of the best times I have had was in the old second division and I might enjoy it more.

I really not enjoying gong down anymore but its not just about the manager and team.

Its not just about the manager or director or even the football we play, I have been going down since the early 80's and been there through a lot of bad times but never have I felt like this.

its the premiership too in my opinion, money has put us in a position where we just make up the numbers and as soon as we get a good player you know we can not afford to keep him.

I think the only thing that may make me renew next season is a major investor and change of manager or if we get relegated. Yes I know! Relegated! Some of the best times I have had was in the old second division and I might enjoy it more.

I really not enjoying gong down anymore but its not just about the manager and team.

I agree completely with this, maybe not so much with the relegation but I understand completely what you mean.

I got bored of going a couple of seasons ago, when we had our best season in years, and got to Wembley twice, but I still found it a bit boring going to Villa Park.