Will you renew your ST if McLeish is manager next season?

Villarocker

If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)  

167 members have voted

1. 1. If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)

• Yes - no matter what
    • Unsure
    • No - because of McLeish / the football
    • No - because of the money

To be honest lots of people drifted away under O'Neill and Houllier, although I concede that Big Eck is making a good fist of turning that steady flow into a tidal wave.

Until Mr Lerner finds the modern incarnation of BFR, there will be nothing worth watching.

Yes. I'll be a Villa supporter until the day I die and my weekends would be pointless without my trips to Villa Park.

I am getting extremely fed up with the whole McLeish saga, rubbish football etc. I really hope that things improve and hopefully we will soon see the back of McLeish, as he clearly isn't up to the job. Then there is the whole issue of us not having enough money to compete. The sad fact is that we can't compete as it isn't an even playing field nowadays and we are now a mid-table side at best.

However, football is my life. I'm one of those sad people who lives, sleeps, eats and breaths football. I was at Villa Park yesterday and sat there before the match just thinking how amazing football is and how great that feeling is when we score.

I can understand why people may want to stay away as these are depressing times and difficult times (on and off the pitch). I will continue to take my trips down to Villa Park though, for as long as I can afford it.

I have been abroad so haven't had a ST for a few years. When I knew I was moving back home about 2 years ago, I was starting to drop hints to the wife that a ST may be a good thing. Bought a house last July. I've just joined a golf club instead - at least my weekends are shit because of my own incompetence!

I have been abroad so haven't had a ST for a few years. When I knew I was moving back home about 2 years ago, I was starting to drop hints to the wife that a ST may be a good thing. Bought a house last July. I've just joined a golf club instead - at least my weekends are shit because of my own incompetence!

:lol::lol::lol:

To be honest lots of people drifted away under O'Neill and Houllier,

Really? I'm sure a few did but on the whole attendances were way up under O'Neill. 2005/06 under O'Leary 34,100k average. Mon years - 36200, 40000, 39800, 38600. The last season including a shit load of cup for fans to fork out for as well. 08/09 was the first time we'd averaged over 40k since 1950. The 3 years between 2007 and 2010 was the best run of attendances we'd had since 1949 - 1952.

Even under MacDonald/Houllier attendances were still 37100k.

Under McLeish however we will see a huge drop off. I'd think we'll average around 33k.

Yes. I'll be a Villa supporter until the day I die and my weekends would be pointless without my trips to Villa Park.

I am getting extremely fed up with the whole McLeish saga, rubbish football etc. I really hope that things improve and hopefully we will soon see the back of McLeish, as he clearly isn't up to the job. Then there is the whole issue of us not having enough money to compete. The sad fact is that we can't compete as it isn't an even playing field nowadays and we are now a mid-table side at best.

However, football is my life. I'm one of those sad people who lives, sleeps, eats and breaths football. I was at Villa Park yesterday and sat there before the match just thinking how amazing football is and how great that feeling is when we score.

THIS!!!

I can understand why people may want to stay away as these are depressing times and difficult times (on and off the pitch). I will continue to take my trips down to Villa Park though, for as long as I can afford it.

I kept my season ticket this year despite moving from Birmimgham to Hertfordshire, and even had a bit of a go at one of my mates who didn't renew ("you support the club, not the manager" etc). However, for the first time yesterday, I am questioning whether I will renew next year if the style of play doesn't change. It's a fair bit of cash with all the travelling, and will be very depressing if these negative performances continue for the rest of the season. So if nothing changes, then the likelihood is that no, I won't renew, and neither will the person I go with.

This is my 24th season on the spin as a season ticket holder. Last season I was as pissed off due to the gutless tripe being served up as I had ever been. I thought we could only improve this season but it seems I was wrong.

I'll keep going though but more out of habit and that I feel I should than out of enjoyment or the fact I'm looking forward to it. Therefore yes if McLeish is here I'll renew.

Over the past 25 years I've witnessed many a Villa team which could be considered as under-performing. After a quarter of a century of ST's, I don't know why I should bottle it now. This fan's not for turning. :winkold:

I didn't renew this year for financial reasons, but even if I had money next season I wouldn't purchase one with amc in charge! The ‘football‘ is terrible and I just don't agree with the way we try to play. Its too expensive just for frustration.

I've said before in other threads that I fell out of love with the game during the 2010 World Cup - and then MON occurred. I was prepared to give Eck a go and I am desperate to see him succeed, but I have seen scant little competence from him, and our (controversial debate coming up?) average squad of average players this season. As a club, we are now paying the price for a manager (MON) who was able to make average players really exceed their normal abilities (Downing and A Young aside).

Going into a potentially pointless December, I have been bitterly disappointed with the kind of football we are being subjected to. We can't 'expect' to beat Manure, for sure, but I expect an ounce of committment and attacking endeavour from my team.

I have better things in my life to spend my ST money on - I am currently out of love with the game sorry. If that makes me less of a fan then so be it - it's a frigging game for overpaid tw@s and their agents with careless primadonnas rife in the once beautiful game.

Doubtful I will renew with Eck in charge. Sorry Alex - I really want you to succeed and I want to like you and what you do. Epic fail at the minute.

Happy Christmas.

I won't be renewing no mater what as I just find it a chore for a lot of the games, I felt this even in the last season under MON. As someone else said, I'll be joining a golf club instead.

However the tripe McLeish is serving up means its likely that I won't even bother using my season ticket as I just can't be bothered to watch that crap.

I didn't renew this season, which was down to Mcleish.

Its hard to set aside the money nowadays, and as soon as it was confirmed I would not renew.

If we'd hired Flores, Hughes or even Martinez I would of renewed without a doubt. Many of my knuckle dragging friends informed me of what we were in for hiring Mcleish and they were (for once) spot on.

That said I have been to a lot of the youth games this season and they are far more entertaining than the 6 first team games ive seen this season.

Needless to say I wont renew next year if he is still here