Will you renew your ST if McLeish is manager next season?

Villarocker

If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)  

167 members have voted

1. 1. If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)

• Yes - no matter what
    • Unsure
    • No - because of McLeish / the football
    • No - because of the money

Thanks Lancs mate - I just don't think it is quite the time to protest - in my humble opinion -should leave it after the January Transfer window - after these set of games and by then we will see where we are - if in the bottom three (which I personally doubt) - maybe - but if we are in the top half - then perhaps not - we would all look so stupid! It has to be the right moment. But that is just my opinion. Did have an idea for a banner (not a protest - just a request) citing John Barnes' comments along the lines:

McLeish - We Are Aston Villa

Not Birmingham City

Play some **** football

(perhap drop the City reference)

Thanks Lancs mate - I just don't think it is quite the time to protest - in my humble opinion -should leave it after the January Transfer window - after these set of games and by then we will see where we are - if in the bottom three (which I personally doubt) - maybe - but if we are in the top half - then perhaps not - we would all look so stupid! It has to be the right moment. But that is just my opinion. Did have an idea for a banner (not a protest - just a request) citing John Barnes' comments along the lines:

McLeish - We Are Aston Villa

Not Birmingham City

Play some **** football

my problem naz with that is if we sack mcleish in january then we have to get another guy in and lerner and faulkner showed how clueless they were in the summer when recruiting a replacement for houllier. by the time they try get a replacement window would shut and the new man wont have time to assess squad and want better players.

we have had three months of mcleishs rubbish football and how his menatlity is to keep score down they go for an equalsier. i would love to see how many chances mcleishs lame tactics have created for our villa side

he is has to go, terrible, awful appointment.

Naz, I admire you comments and applaud your post BUT I am now at the stage when it is not just AVFC it's football in general that is getting me pissed off.

You know only too well the fun at Chesterfield, Rochdale, Notts County etc but at least then we had something in common with the players. I look around now at former players attending Villa Park, Chris Nichol, Charlie Aitken, Andy Lochead, Chico Hamilton, Jimmy Rimmer et al I am absolutely certain my grandchildren will not be seeing the likes of Ashley Young, Dunne, Warnock or Darren Bent visiting when they retire. They are a different breed and are causing me to fall out of love with the club......thats besides McEck and Faulkners decision making.

Naz, I admire you comments and applaud your post BUT I am now at the stage when it is not just AVFC it's football in general that is getting me pissed off.

You know only too well the fun at Chesterfield, Rochdale, Notts County etc but at least then we had something in common with the players. I look around now at former players attending Villa Park, Chris Nichol, Charlie Aitken, Andy Lochead, Chico Hamilton, Jimmy Rimmer et al I am absolutely certain my grandchildren will not be seeing the likes of Ashley Young, Dunne, Warnock or Darren Bent visiting when they retire. They are a different breed and are causing me to fall out of love with the club......thats besides McEck and Faulkners decision making.

Hi mate - 100% agree with this. Players back then were one of us - they were on the same wavelength - nowadays they are so aloof from us.

Why the F***g hell would I not renew??? I support (and have supported) Aston Villa FC for 50 years and have done so REGARDLESS of Manager,Chairman,shit form, good form, indifferent form. It is in my blood - I'd support them even in the lower echelons as I did before and will do again (if god forbid) that should ever happen! It's your choice (but I suspect this next bit will have you all getting your guns out to shoot me) BUT I always thought Villa Fans weren't the kind who would desert the club all because of a dislike for the manager and the brand of football!

Me - I'd never desert the club - never did before never will now - regardless!

Not gonna shoot you naz... If you are happy to waste that money on anti-football next season, get yourself all revved up for another 19 matches of miserability - then you are a richer man that me. I will support and follow AVFC through thick and thin as I have done for most of my life to date - having a season ticket or not does not a 'deserter' make.

And those that abstain can hardly be called glory hunters can they... A whole generation of fans has now materiliased not knowing what glory is - unless you count that recent away win at Old Trafford, the Inter-Toto win against Basle and the Peace Cup. Mmmm, maybe the good times are still here.

I didn't enjoy last season, I am hating it this season and the best part of a grand down the drain that could have been spent on a decent holiday in a warm climate, by the sea, plenty of beer and women to peruse.

Nah - not gonna shoot you buddy - different strokes for folks.

Wrap up warm next season, it might be even longer than this one...

Why the F***g hell would I not renew??? I support (and have supported) Aston Villa FC for 50 years and have done so REGARDLESS of Manager,Chairman,shit form, good form, indifferent form. It is in my blood - I'd support them even in the lower echelons as I did before and will do again (if god forbid) that should ever happen! It's your choice (but I suspect this next bit will have you all getting your guns out to shoot me) BUT I always thought Villa Fans weren't the kind who would desert the club all because of a dislike for the manager and the brand of football!

My sentiments exactly.

Tip-Hat.gif

I have been working weekends for the last 5 years and next season will be the first season where I can actually attend and afford to go to games. I will be getting a season ticket without a doubt. Support the club. Every club has good times and shit times, unfortunately we are going through a rough patch but at some point it will pick up. I will support Villa through both shit and good.

Not gonna shoot you naz... If you are happy to waste that money on anti-football next season, get yourself all revved up for another 19 matches of miserability - then you are a richer man that me. I will support and follow AVFC through thick and thin as I have done for most of my life to date - having a season ticket or not does not a 'deserter' make.

And those that abstain can hardly be called glory hunters can they... A whole generation of fans has now materiliased not knowing what glory is - unless you count that recent away win at Old Trafford, the Inter-Toto win against Basle and the Peace Cup. Mmmm, maybe the good times are still here.

I didn't enjoy last season, I am hating it this season and the best part of a grand down the drain that could have been spent on a decent holiday in a warm climate, by the sea, plenty of beer and women to peruse.

Mate - Absolutely no problem if you want to shoot me - we all have opinions that we should respect. You are right - I do have more money than sense. I have no wife or partner - my kids are all growed up - I go to Villa as I have always done and it is in the blood. I go back home to Turkey at least twice a year.

The football may be boring - but the thing is - so what? do the fans that go to Stevenage or Torquay (no disrespect) - go because they play scintillating football - or that they have a brilliant manager - or world class players - no - the ones that go - not many I presume - go because they love the club not because of the manager perhaps but INSPITE of the manager (if he is not liked).

I go in spite of the manager (and went in the past in spite of the Chairman too) - I don't give a diddley doodah who the manager is or the quality of football. If I did - I would not have supported this damn club for near on 50 years!.

Maybe I have nothing else in my life being single and living alone (and enjoying it) - maybe I am a sad bastard - but I know I am a Claret and Blue - bleed AVFC bastard and an ugly one at that!

Mate - Absolutely no problem if you want to shoot me - we all have opinions that we should respect. You are right - I do have more money than sense. I have no wife or partner - my kids are all growed up - I go to Villa as I have always done and it is in the blood. I go back home to Turkey at least twice a year.

The football may be boring - but the thing is - so what? do the fans that go to Stevenage or Torquay (no disrespect) - go because they play scintillating football - or that they have a brilliant manager - or world class players - no - the ones that go - not many I presume - go because they love the club not because of the manager perhaps but INSPITE of the manager (if he is not liked).

I go in spite of the manager (and went in the past in spite of the Chairman too) - I don't give a diddley doodah who the manager is or the quality of football. If I did - I would not have supported this damn club for near on 50 years!.

Maybe I have nothing else in my life being single and living alone (and enjoying it) - maybe I am a sad bastard - but I know I am a Claret and Blue - bleed AVFC bastard and an ugly one at that!

Naz ...Having a strong constitution is clearly one of your virutes.

I know you from our VFC days and appreciate your deep rooted loyalty.

I guess we all have to make decisions unfortunately my constitution is not as strong as yours and I'm an armchair supporter these days after c50 years of support...I remember seeing Nigel Sims and Peter McParland in one of my first to remember games.... so I have been following the great club for some time.

If it wasn't for fans like you and the die hards that follow villa away every fortnight, there would be no club to watch from my armchair, so I can be a bit self critical at times.

There have been times in our illustrious past when we have been in the lowere reachs of the league, but we had little resource to change things so you carry on supporting as you have suggested.

I feel aggreived right now, because in my humble opinion we have had resource and whittled it away, with bad decisions.

There comes a time, when it can test your patience and in my case that time has come.

I'm genuinely glad that my weakness does not spill over on to most.

but any how.....up the Villa

Currently stands at 70% not renewing.

If this turns out to be an anywhere near accurate reflection of the entire fan base then AVFC will be in a lot of trouble this time next year.

I suspect it won't be an accurate reflection of the thousands of ST holders. Hopefully we'll finish in the top half which will persuade many to give AM a chance. If we finish near the bottom and AM is kept on then many ST holders may run away but even with relegation I wouldn't expect to lose 70%. Fingers crossed eh?

Indeed.

But even if we were to lose say 30% of our season ticket holders next year then this would still represent a massive blow to the financial performance of the club.

Whilst no business wants to lose any revenue, since the increase in TV money quite a few years ago, gate receipts have stopped being a large proportion of income. Significant - yes; massive - no.

I'd be disappointed to see us with less than 20k ST holders. When was the last time that happened? 6 years ago? :(

for me its more to do with the shit football and nagtive tactics ahead of where he came from. if he change sthis around i may be won over but thus far i want him gone
Agreed. The ridiculously negative football is what people are most concerned about. Even if we secure a top 10 finish I will not be happy with McLeish if he keeps persisting with this style of play.

for me its more to do with the shit football and nagtive tactics ahead of where he came from. if he change sthis around i may be won over but thus far i want him gone

I agree that for me it's not about AM's previous club(s); 'I couldn't give a monkeys!' I guess AM's record of relegating the unwashed is cancelled out by their first decent trophy in 135 years and their highest top league finish since the war. That doesn't mean I don't think we could do better, but as it's not my decision I won't lose sleep over it.

Over the decades I've often wished our team and manager performed better and were more entertaining. I think AM's appointment has clouded the issue for some but in truth it's no worse than many periods at Villa I can remember i.e. far from the football we believe our club should be playing.

It's not an easy time to support our club but as Billy Ocean sung 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going'. I might need to whistle it to myself when walking to Villa Park next season!