Will you renew your ST if McLeish is manager next season?

Villarocker

If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)  

167 members have voted

1. 1. If currently a ST holder will you renew next season? (ST holders only please)

• Yes - no matter what
    • Unsure
    • No - because of McLeish / the football
    • No - because of the money

Currently stands at 70% not renewing.

If this turns out to be an anywhere near accurate reflection of the entire fan base then AVFC will be in a lot of trouble this time next year.

Most of the people that vote on here wouldn`t know what a season ticket

looked like if it bit them on the arse, i am a seson ticket holder for nearly 50 yrs

and will be renewing whatever.

The recession is not ending anytime soon so non renewal figures will be skewed anyway

I'd guess at a 10-15% like for like fall

Agreed. Given an average season (whatever that is in the eyes of us Villa fans!), and a 'neutral' manager (slightly more popular than AM atm!), I still think we'd be heading for a 10% cut. It already feels like a recession and it may get worse before it gets better.

for me its more to do with the shit football and nagtive tactics ahead of where he came from. if he change sthis around i may be won over but thus far i want him gone

Agreed. The ridiculously negative football is what people are most concerned about. Even if we secure a top 10 finish I will not be happy with McLeish if he keeps persisting with this style of play.

Its not even the negative football for me. It is the complete lack of hope and frustration that I don't think we will ever, under McLeish, perform to our full potential.

I have no confidence that he will put out a balanced side - the gaps he left in the summer, e.g. a DCM, and his continued use of Heskey as an ACM offer further proof that the guy doesn't have a clue.

I have no faith that he is the right man to develop our youth - Clarke has not made an appearance this year whilst Collins continues to look poor and we were lacking a DCM until Herd stepped up; Albrighton has gone backwards, neither the Fonz nor Weimann have had a sniff; ditto Gary Gardner; Delph has gone backwards because he is not being used correctly and he is destroying his confidence IMO.

In short I get frustrated watching us play and thinking WTF is he doing X or Y to ensure that my club is not maximising its potential. I can do without this and have done this season for the first time in 15 years plus. I still watch the Villa live on TV or internet when I can and I spend a lot of time on here (way too much actually) BUT it is much less stressful and frustrating.

I would renew my season ticket if we were playing in the Conference North with Fat Barry Austin as manager because I Am Aston Villa to the core of my soul.

But then that is just me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...