Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I can't be half arsed with any relationship right now, wonder if there's any others on the same wavelength. I've had two what I'd call serious relationships in the past, getting engaged to one. Just being single seems a lot less hassle than being in a serious one. I can do what I want, sleep with who I want, don't have depressing arguments over next to nothing and the only person who I have to answer to is myself. The downside is (I'm 29 now) I feel obliged to offer my parents a grandchild and feel guilty about not doing it by now. I'm not fussed about having a nagging partner but I don't want to let my parents down, such a dilemma

• Like 2

I think the idea is not to have a nagging partner. I managed that for 8 years. A relationship doesn't have to be a ballache.

Everyone seems great to begin with, then it all fades away. You've done well for 8 years but isn't there a bit inside of you that wishes you could still get upto all the things you want to?

I think the idea is not to have a nagging partner. I managed that for 8 years. A relationship doesn't have to be a ballache.

Everyone seems great to begin with, then it all fades away. You've done well for 8 years but isn't there a bit inside of you that wishes you could still get upto all the things you want to?

It doesn't have to fade away. My wife is effectively my best mate with regular benefits. There has never been a week without great company, plenty of laughs, long chats about everything (including our joint passion for Villa) and a great session or five. After 21 years it's better than ever and whilst I take nothing in our relationship for granted (a good tip I think), it's far from fading away.

Nothing wrong having fun looking for the right one though!

Edited by brommy
  • Like 4

if your partner is a nagging ballache, get rid

if the second or third partners are also nagging ballaches, get rid and have a long hard look at what you sort of women you tend to be attracted to

there's one out there somewhere, it's perfectly possible to be very happy for a very long time, anything else is a waste of both your times

• Like 3

I can't be half arsed with any relationship right now, wonder if there's any others on the same wavelength. I've had two what I'd call serious relationships in the past, getting engaged to one. Just being single seems a lot less hassle than being in a serious one. I can do what I want, sleep with who I want, don't have depressing arguments over next to nothing and the only person who I have to answer to is myself. The downside is (I'm 29 now) I feel obliged to offer my parents a grandchild and feel guilty about not doing it by now. I'm not fussed about having a nagging partner but I don't want to let my parents down, such a dilemma

Does the other party have a say in that? :o  ;)

Does the other party have a say in that? :o  ;)

No 

:(

I did get up to all the things I wanted to, so did she. That's the point of not being in a crap relationship!

Or find someone who has a lot of similar interests but who also values giving you some free time as well as having some themselves now and again.

No point being pent up or frustrated all the time. We all need that release and time to ourselves occasionally.

Anyway, nearly 3 months in with the gf and its going amazingly well. I'm fairly sure I'm gonna wake up at any moment and discover its all been an extravagant hallucination :P

Or find someone who has a lot of similar interests but who also values giving you some free time as well as having some themselves now and again.

No point being pent up or frustrated all the time. We all need that release and time to ourselves occasionally.

Anyway, nearly 3 months in with the gf and its going amazingly well. I'm fairly sure I'm gonna wake up at any moment and discover its all been an extravagant hallucination :P

SHOWER-620_1574126a.jpg

• Like 1

My friend with the cheating girl friend is done for, met our mutual friend for lunch there & he told me that the lad with the bitch of a girlfriend called up to his house Monday night with her in the car to get some tools, they're having those stupid inside joke comments on each other's walls as well. I think he's with her for ever now. I also found out that he borrowed €100 to fix his car off the lad I met for lunch & another one of my friends told me that's he's constantly giving her money for bills. :(

My friend with the cheating girl friend is done for, met our mutual friend for lunch there & he told me that the lad with the bitch of a girlfriend called up to his house Monday night with her in the car to get some tools, they're having those stupid inside joke comments on each other's walls as well. I think he's with her for ever now. I also found out that he borrowed €100 to fix his car off the lad I met for lunch & another one of my friends told me that's he's constantly giving her money for bills. :(

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

• Like 3

Have you had a talk with him about this yet?

I think lay off him for a while, then have the (non-confrontational) talk with him after a few months - I fear doing it too soon might lead him to suspect your motives.

I think lay off him for a while, then have the (non-confrontational) talk with him after a few months - I fear doing it too soon might lead him to suspect your motives.

No was supposed to meet him yesterday for golf but weather was woeful, meeting him tonight for a few drinks because or friends off to Canada tomorrow, that being said I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show. I think he's beyond saving at this point the way he just took her back so quick, and she's 20 years old never been to college or university, this fella used bring home more than enough women and cast them aside, I don't understand how she's got her claws so deep into him.

No was supposed to meet him yesterday for golf but weather was woeful, meeting him tonight for a few drinks because or friends off to Canada tomorrow, that being said I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show. I think he's beyond saving at this point the way he just took her back so quick, and she's 20 years old never been to college or university, this fella used bring home more than enough women and cast them aside, I don't understand how she's got her claws so deep into him.

I'd wait if I were you.

Â