Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Ya, I feel like if I say it to him in 3 months he'll say thinks have been great since the last time she cheated & it just won't be an option, I don't think there's anything I can do that could influence him at this point being honest.

Ya, I feel like if I say it to him in 3 months he'll say thinks have been great since the last time she cheated & it just won't be an option, I don't think there's anything I can do that could influence him at this point being honest.

That's why I said, don't try to appear as if you're trying to influence him.

Give it a bit of time, so that you don't look like you have an agenda.

Then ask, casually, about his girlfriend, how they're doing, what he likes about her. Stay away from bringing up anything about the girl he might find controversial. Sure, he'll probably say that things have been great - but the point isn't to convince him right away, it's to get him thinking. By merely bringing up the topic and casually asking him to think about the girl's specific traits, you will be doing that.

some people just deep down enjoy being the victim - he strikes me as the sort of person that thinks sulking is the optimum route to a shag (it probably is, it's just not him that's getting the benefit)

point out his error, then it's up to him if he wants that sort of lifestyle

that might sound a bit harsh, but the alternative is a nice long drawn out wallow of self pity which is a bit pathetic when we only get a window of about 50 years to enjoy sex

She must be gorgeous. To be doing what he's doing and ignoring what he's ignoring. He must be playing way out of his league there and just scared of his life to lose his trophy.

• Like 2

some people just deep down enjoy being the victim - he strikes me as the sort of person that thinks sulking is the optimum route to a shag (it probably is, it's just not him that's getting the benefit)

point out his error, then it's up to him if he wants that sort of lifestyle

that might sound a bit harsh, but the alternative is a nice long drawn out wallow of self pity which is a bit pathetic when we only get a window of about 50 years to enjoy sex

I think this is exactly where he is to be honest. 

That boy is going to get his heart busted by someone useless by the sounds of it. That's a shame. It's only a matter of time though.

Met him last night, he's moving in with her about 30mins away from where they live, I think he reckons if shes that far away from her friends she won't be able to go out with her friends as much and that she'll settle down, I'm done worrying about it at this stage, there's clearly nothing that can be done.

...then it's on to stage 5 of the 'always doomed' relationship - buying a puppy

this will show commitment on both parts and give them a reason to stay in together because they are going to train it properly, together, oh yes they are

....then it's on to stage 6 - the bust up with one partner leaving, loudly, at 2:30am

this involves fighting over the confused young dog by both standing in the street shouting it's name to see who it runs to

yes, I have lived in bedsit land

Remember when I had my heart broken by that head wrecking girl back in May/June... I have a bit of an update.

I met her out last night. I knew she'd be at an event, so I brought a few friends along. She came over and said hi. We chatted for about 3 hours about what happened and so on. It was fun. Not serious or anything. We were both pretty sober, because she had to get up early for work today early. We kissed. She told me she loves me. She still has a boyfriend. We got a taxi home together. Kissed all the way home in the taxi, but she won't come home with me because she has a boyfriend, so I just got out first. Told the taxi driver as I got out that she has a boyfriend. Apparently he chastised her all the way home. Texted me all night. Half the text would be about how she can't be around me and the other half would be about how she wishes she was with me right now. This texting practice repeated itself a number of times. Kept telling me how she wasn't ready to finish with her boyfriend.

Now I know you're going to say I should be running in the other direction as quickly as possible, but as I said back in June, I really do like her a lot. She is using me to make herself feel better about herself, but I enjoy being with her and everything that goes with that. And I've been through losing her before. Last night went about as well as I could have imagined. I did spend the last 2/3 months kind of thinking about her, but I'm more able to handle her now than I was before.

So she text me today to say that she's not going to text me again because she just can't be around me. Says she'll see me at the next such event, which will be a ball in November that my band will hopefully be playing at. Naturally I have a great interest in playing that ball because she'll be there. So yeah... tell me what a total bitch she is and what an idiot I am for entertaining her nonsense....

Remember reading your first encounter with said girl. I don't think I can offer any more advice than was given at the time. Seen people let things like this drag on for a couple of years, and the conclusion is usually that the third party loses their marbles. Nothing stays casual for long. I wouldn't get in too deep before she massively hurts you again, which sadly looks inevitable.

Edited by islingtonclaret

She told me she loves me. She still has a boyfriend.

• Like 2

Â