Non-League Footy

hogso

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

My local team halesowen town are signing Lee hughes. Gutted hate that scum bag

I was about to go on a stag to to berlin from east mids airport and one of my group knows him and his family well.  We bumped into him and his mates going on a stag do.  The guy from our group was talking to him for about 15 minutes and whilst I agree with you based on his history - he didn't half seem a nice chap.. I left feeling confused. 

• Haha 1

0:1 away win for my lot tonight - super significant because this is our first year as big time charlies and we've just achieved mathematical safety.

Icing on the cake is that we're looking good for a play off game for a **** european spot! 6 points clear of the nearest team below with 6 games to play.

Crazy times for a fan owned club. Been ours for five years, in those five years we've had three promotions and now a chance of a shot at europe. By a country mile we pay less wages than any other club in the league. 

woop

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

0:1 away win for my lot tonight - super significant because this is our first year as big time charlies and we've just achieved mathematical safety.

Icing on the cake is that we're looking good for a play off game for a **** european spot! 6 points clear of the nearest team below with 6 games to play.

Crazy times for a fan owned club. Been ours for five years, in those five years we've had three promotions and now a chance of a shot at europe. By a country mile we pay less wages than any other club in the league. 

woop

Edit - just gone backwards through the thread and get it now

Edited by bannedfromHandV

• 3 weeks later...

New ground tick for me today - Leamington FC

They beat FCUM 1-0. 

Game was appalling but still a good day out after a few beers! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 22:26, chrisp65 said:

woop

1:1 home draw this afternoon (live on the telly so obviously it had to be our scrappiest crappiest performance of 2018) gave us the single point we needed from our last four games and confirms we will be in the play offs for a european spot.

That's three league games left that are now effectively dead rubbers, until we get to the play offs, so hopefully we'll fulfill the fixtures by playing a few of the squad guys - I can see our away game in Prestatyn on Tuesday night being an unusual team sheet!

I genuinely can't see us getting through to europe, but we are now just two play off games away.

• Like 1

As our game is pretty much meaningless bar any injuries/suspensions i am off to watch Telford again today.

Final home game of the season and if they win they are safe so would stay in the conf north next year. They are a few places above the drop and do have a game in hand but they play 3rd from bottom Gainsborough today so it is all in their own hands as 3 points would make it impossible for them to be caught.

avp1Vln.jpg

Well Telford are safe but they went about things the hard way. Terrible game of football on a sub-standard for sunday league pitch that resembled a half ploughed field.

60 minutes into the game Telford were 2-0 down and in the shit as most of the teams below were winning. The fans were on the players backs, Shouting & singing for the manager to be sacked. 14 minutes later they were winning 3-2, it was party time and that is how it stayed until the end.

Gainsborough officially relegated as a result of chucking away a 2 goal lead and teams above them also picking up points

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Salford paying players 5k a week to get promoted to Football League

then dickhead Gary Neville goes on twitter having fights with fans of League 2 clubs saying its good business. Has become a bitter man since his coaching failings

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

then dickhead Gary Neville goes on twitter having fights with fans of League 2 clubs saying its good business. Has become a bitter man since his coaching failings

Not content with wrecking 'league' football, money moves in to non-league.

We tried to sign a player a couple of weeks ago from a team in the same league as us. Basically, he wanted £3,000 a month to join a part time non-league football team. It's not like he would have been our stand out star player, he'd have been a good sensible solid signing. If he'd been on 3k, then a couple of the guys already on the books could legitimately have asked for their money to be trebled and all of a sudden a team with crowds just over 1,000 has a wage bill of 25k a month. Jog on, lad. 

We'll pick him up cheap, once the club he signs for goes bubble. Which actually isn't that far off our signing policy, academy kids and fire sale stock. Finished 7th last year on that modus. It's that tricky second album for us, second year in the Prem. We'll see if they've worked us out, or if we're the real deal.

On 20/07/2018 at 23:04, Zatman said:

Got to hope that Salford FC or whatever they’re called don’t make it into the league. It’s madness that a player from Aberdeen would join a Conference side. 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

How did that come about?

Our manager is on the sort of periphery of the Wales Coaching staff. For some reason lots of players going for their coaching badges are opting to go through the FA Wales system. I think its just a lower profile, whilst still being just up the motorway from that London.

So we’re getting a few players turning up and ‘running’ their early coaching sessions with our players as guinea pigs. No pressure on the ‘celebrity’ and a bit of entertainment for our guys. Usually, it’s players from the Bristol Rovers, Plymouth or Brentford end of things, but once in a while its someone you’ve heard of! 

It’s why I got so excited about the prospect of Henry as manager. He’s done similar (but wouldn’t put a Barry top on!). But our Manager was one of his ‘lecturers’, so it was a sure fire pre season friendly and the loan of a couple of the academy kids as far as I was concerned. As it happens, we’ve got a loanee from Newport and a friendly with Swansea, hey ho. 

But I’m still hopeful Bruce will crash and burn and then the international link up will defo be back on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Our manager is on the sort of periphery of the Wales Coaching staff. For some reason lots of players going for their coaching badges are opting to go through the FA Wales system. I think its just a lower profile, whilst still being just up the motorway from that London.

So we’re getting a few players turning up and ‘running’ their early coaching sessions with our players as guinea pigs. No pressure on the ‘celebrity’ and a bit of entertainment for our guys. Usually, it’s players from the Bristol Rovers, Plymouth or Brentford end of things, but once in a while its someone you’ve heard of! 

It’s why I got so excited about the prospect of Henry as manager. He’s done similar (but wouldn’t put a Barry top on!). But our Manager was one of his ‘lecturers’, so it was a sure fire pre season friendly and the loan of a couple of the academy kids as far as I was concerned. As it happens, we’ve got a loanee from Newport and a friendly with Swansea, hey ho. 

But I’m still hopeful Bruce will crash and burn and then the international link up will defo be back on.

Far too drunk to reply in depth to that but cheers.

I liked it.

• Like 1

Â