John Terry

CI

I don't think he's a particularly decent bloke.

We have a winner of the biggest understatement of the year competition :-)

He's one of the biggest **** pricks I've ever seen. Fact that he was captain of the national team really did put me off cheering them/him on. If I picked up the paper tomorrow to see that he'd had the shit kicked out of him by one of the many people he has screwed over I'd have quite a smile on my face.

Apparently "A small but influential" group of England players have completely stonewalled Terry, although Rio is not one of them. I wonder who they are....

Anyways, it looks like his England career is all but over.

Haha, s*ck it, Terry!

Apparently "A small but influential" group of England players have completely stonewalled Terry, although Rio is not one of them. I wonder who they are....

Anyways, it looks like his England career is all but over.

Haha, s*ck it, Terry!

Good. His best days are over as evidenced by his poor form this season. Hopefully this means Smalling etc will get chances to show their quality.

2 years ago in the aftermath of the WC exit England were moaning the dearth of good youth in the country yet right now there is a big crop of excellent young players coming through who really deserve more chances at full international level, so time for the so-called "Golden Generation" to at long last step down after doing **** all at major tournaments.

hopefully the team we start the first group game:

Hart

Walker

Smalling or Jones

Cahill or Ferdinand

Baines (f*ck A.Hole off)

back in england

Terry

Hart

Walker

Smalling

Dawson

A.Cole (Baines gets the jitters every time he plays an international match)

Parker

Gerrard (in the team purely due to experience)

Wilshere/Cleverley/Henderson

Rooney/Sturridge

Bent/Sturridge/Welbeck

Young/Lennon (Chamberlain at a stretch)

Don't get why Dawson doesn't get more of a chance at international level, given the dearth of top class centrebacks.

• 5 months later...

So 3 days into a trial that probably shouldn't have even started in the first place but I'm still wondering

how the heck can it take 3 days (and counting ) to determine the outcome of this case ?

and

Can Ashley Cole act any more of a cock if he lives to be 120

Almost seems to me like he's going down the Suarez route of being hell bent on proving he's not a racist rather than actually answering the charge of using racist language

For those that missed it Ferdinand was meant to have been mentioning the Wayne bridge saga, Terry then said yeah yeah knobhead, and yours, you **** black word removed, but he's not racist because he donates money to drogbas charity

Ashley Cole said something along the lines of I don't know what was said cos I was too busy thinking about what a great night out he was about to have! clearing in the woods

It's like listening to primary school kids in the playground. If I was the judge I'd fine them both ten years' wages and tell them to grow up and get proper jobs. Pathetic juveniles the lot of them.

Forgive my ignorance of British law, but why is this a criminal case? It would seem to me that the best option would be to let the FA sort it out... to bring the government into it seems heavy handed and a waste of time.

Forgive my ignorance of British law, but why is this a criminal case? It would seem to me that the best option would be to let the FA sort it out... to bring the government into it seems heavy handed and a waste of time.

Why is it a criminal case?

It is being held at a magistrates court not a crown court and its being heard because he is alleged to have broken the law. Despite widely held beliefs and much evidence to the contrary footballers like everyone else are subject to the law of the land.

Should the FA be sorting it out?

Never will you find a more feckless, gutless weak and inept group. They bottled dealing with the Terry situation just as they always bottle these sort of situations especially when they are an England player.

Heavy handed and a waste of time?

No not really. A women in this country was recently jailed for making racist remarks on a tube, why should Terry if guilty be let a similar charge simply because he is a footballer?

Perhaps the question should be if found guilty why isn't he facing the same sort of punishment as the women on the tube rather than a potential fine of £2'500?

The idea of British law is that under it we are all equal, we know it isn't true when it comes to the rich, footballer and politicians but at least this trial gets us somewhere close.

Footballers seem to get away with everything, from hitting a DJ because they won't play their favourite tune to well... you name it. If guilty, and it appears to me he is guilty I hope he is punished even if the punishment is watered down so much as to be irrelevant.

It is being held at a magistrates court not a crown court and its being heard because he is alleged to have broken the law. Despite widely held beliefs and much evidence to the contrary footballers like everyone else are subject to the law of the land.

Never will you find a more feckless, gutless weak and inept group. They bottled dealing with the Terry situation just as they always bottle these sort of situations especially when they are an England player.

No not really. A women in this country was recently jailed for making racist remarks on a tube, why should Terry if guilty be let a similar charge simply because he is a footballer?

Perhaps the question should be if found guilty why isn't he facing the same sort of punishment as the women on the tube rather than a potential fine of £2'500?

The idea of British law is that under it we are all equal, we know it isn't true when it comes to the rich, footballer and politicians but at least this trial gets us somewhere close.

Footballers seem to get away with everything, from hitting a DJ because they won't play their favourite tune to well... you name it. If guilty, and it appears to me he is guilty I hope he is punished even if the punishment is watered down so much as to be irrelevant.

I think you have missed his point.

For an American, the idea that the government can punish you for something you say is an alien concept.

I am not sure where I stand on the right to have freedom of speech myself.

I think you have missed his point.

For an American, the idea that the government can punish you for something you say is an alien concept.

I am not sure where I stand on the right to have freedom of speech myself.

No point missed at all, he didn't mention anything about freedom of speech, in fact he said he should have been punished by the FA rather than the law shows that.

Â