John Terry

CI

Look, I hate racism, but seriously, this is a waste of court time.

It isn't like some EDL thug approaching a small child in the street and racially abusing him. It's two supposedly grown men. "Please Sir, he he called me a bad word"... "But SIR, he said I shagged Bridge's girfriend, Sir"...

These people are PATHETIC. **** grow up.

I agree Mike. It's just all so tragic.

I dunno, i've said it before, but if I were on a football pitch and someone from the other team called me a "white bastard", I really wouldn't give a ****.

I'm not sure why Anton would either, obviously there's a lot of history associated with it (racism), but it's just that, history. Yes there's still white racists, there's also black racists... I really wouldn't be bothered if someone was racist towards me on a football pitch, I really don't understand why they would be either.

Maybe there's something i'm missing. Or maybe I just don't care enough.

They take this guy to court purely to look like they don't tolerate racism. They let him play first though.

And the rest of the racist public wander around scot free from punishment. Wasters

I could understand giving him a ban in the league or something.

But taking him to court over a insult said in a high-pressure derby on the football pitch is a bit OTT.

It isn't like some EDL thug approaching a small child in the street and racially abusing him. It's two supposedly grown men. "Please Sir, he he called me a bad word"... "But SIR, he said I shagged Bridge's girfriend, Sir"...

I dunno, i've said it before, but if I were on a football pitch and someone from the other team called me a "white bastard", I really wouldn't give a ****.

I'm not sure why Anton would either, obviously there's a lot of history associated with it (racism), but it's just that, history. Yes there's still white racists, there's also black racists... I really wouldn't be bothered if someone was racist towards me on a football pitch, I really don't understand why they would be either.

Yes it is the history element you are missing, having to grow up with prejudice your whole life.

Having said that, Anton Ferdinand didn't bring these charges, he's just a witness in the case. It was some guy watching on TV who reported Terry.

A bit off topic, but I really don't understand the hate for Ashley Cole. Seems a decent bloke to me.

what was the line in his book? iirc something like -

my agent phoned me and said they would only offer £55,000 per week, i nearly crashed my car in disgust, all i could think is how could they do this to me

word removed

You have to take that into context though. He's the best left back in the world, would be in massive demand yet Arsenal are only offering a very mediocre wage offer, in comparison with others.

He was undervalued at Arsenal and had to leave. If it was you at work, you would do the exact same thing and have the exact same reaction.

People are just far too judgemental towards footballers these days. All jealous in my opinion.

sorry to go off topic but I've never understood the Ashley Cole (one of the) best LB in the world. Yes, he's very good but best in the world? He's always practically invisible when in an England shirt and solid for Chelsea without being truly exceptional.

Hope Terry gets done for this (or anything to be honest) but have a feeling he'll get off.

sorry to go off topic but I've never understood the Ashley Cole (one of the) best LB in the world. Yes, he's very good but best in the world? He's always practically invisible when in an England shirt and solid for Chelsea without being truly exceptional.

Hope Terry gets done for this (or anything to be honest) but have a feeling he'll get off.

Being practically invisible is probably one of the best complements you could give a fullback. It's very rare something bad ever happens down his flank, even when he's marking some of the best wide players in the world. He also gets forward to support attacks but very rarely lets it compromise his defending.

I think Cole is the only world class player England have in their squad.

Sorry Tamuff, but I couldn't disagree with this more, to be honest.

he is invisible in fact he doesnt make noticeable mistakes. Cole might be a prick but in the big games their is no better left back to have in your team. Not many players keep Ronaldo and Messi quiet

Taims Ten.

Did you see the player crying when he was racially abused by a fan at Anfield? To be abused be a player might feel even worse.

I agree it would be better if the FA handled the situation.

Why should it be handled only by the FA though, there are plenty of recent examples of people being prosecuted for using racist language/insults why should footballers be outside of the law just because they have the FA? If I said what Terry is alleged to have said and someone made a police complaint and their was footage I wouldn't be getting a punishment from the governing body in my industry I'd be facing prosecution. Footballers should not be any different to anyone else in the eyes of the law.

If found guilty then Terry should then relieve an 8 match ban just as Suarez did and Suarez can consider himself lucky he didn't end up in court.

We're talking best in the world here, he's very very good I'll give you that but not sure he's worthy of best in the world tag? For that I'd expect to see him change games, even from LB. I can't ever recall him doing that. The best in the world 'anywhere' should also have something else in his locker, a killer freekick, electric pace, strong leader etc. I have seen him make a few mistakes too, but that just makes him human I guess. I'd also like to see him chip in with the occasional goal to be considered best in the world too.

Yep, I've literally never seen anyone handle ROnaldo as well as COle has on several occasions

Not having a great day at the office http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWwA2sWfxI, ;-) (yes I know there's lots of video's of him looking great).

We're talking best in the world here, he's very very good I'll give you that but not sure he's worthy of best in the world tag? For that I'd expect to see him change games, even from LB. I can't ever recall him doing that. The best in the world 'anywhere' should also have something else in his locker, a killer freekick, electric pace, strong leader etc. I have seen him make a few mistakes too, but that just makes him human I guess. I'd also like to see him chip in with the occasional goal to be considered best in the world too.

Yep, I've literally never seen anyone handle ROnaldo as well as COle has on several occasions

Not having a great day at the office http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWwA2sWfxI, ;-) (yes I know there's lots of video's of him looking great).

Yep, here's one

And I think he has been the best in the world. Maybe he isn't now, there are a few out there who can claim to be better. Lahm, for example, I would definitely rate as better. Some might say Alves (not me) would be as well.

But I think Cole can genuinely still be considered ONE of the best fullbacks in the world. As someone else said, he's the only player England has who is genuinely world class, imo.

I think the fact he does his primary job, defending, better than pretty much anyone else in his position is enough to lay claim to that. Ok he doesn't score 40 yard free kicks or go on mazy run after mazy run, but he does support the attack, a lot. He gets forward as much as any other full back, yet he always gets back to do his job when he does.

As I say, in the past I think he most definitely has been THE best. And whilst he probably isn't still there, he's certainly in that top "tier" of fullbacks.

Some lads in the pub were talking about this the other day and i happened to overhear the following, i quote...

What has Terry done wrong? I mean really, yes, he's called him a black ****...but whats he supposed to call him? A green ****? Black people insist on being called "black"...not "brown" or "coloured", they want to be called "black"...so effectively all Terry has done wrong is call him a ****!

:shock:

I couldnt really believe what i was hearing either!!!

Â