John Terry

CI

What about geography/nationality based insults?

Are they classed as racism?

For example "you Scouse word removed" or "you Welsh word removed" or "you French word removed"?

Has ethnocentric got too many syllables for you?

What about geography/nationality based insults?

Are they classed as racism?

For example "you Scouse word removed" or "you Welsh word removed" or "you French word removed"?

Why wouldn't it? What relevance does one's nationality/race have with anything?

No.I am saying that if you call someone a black c@*t, then no way can that remark be taken anyway except as an insult. And the person saying it and the person it is aimed at both know it is meant to be an insult.

I have NEVER said anything other than that and I don't take kindly to the insinuation that I am somehow someone you are arguing against in this matter.

No.There has to be intent.

If I tripped over the corner flag and you said "watch out you silly c$@t",that would not bother me at all, but when Terry said that to Ferdinand I am sure it was in a totally different context with totally different intent.

If I tripped over the corner flag and you said "watch out you silly c$@t",that would not bother me at all, but when Terry said that to Ferdinand I am sure it was in a totally different context with totally different intent.

Are you even reading what you're responding to? Your post makes no sense in the context of what you just responded to. I'm going to ask you to read what you are responding to. I am not arguing against you. We. Are. On. The. Same. Side.

There's a difference between banter and abuse. Banter, or sledging, is part of the game and expected. Abuse on the other hand should not be confused with banter. There's a huge difference between singing "you are all the pies" and directly targeting someone with something like "you **** fat word removed".

John Terry admitted he had lapsed and attacked Anton Ferdinand with the abuse he thought would hurt him the most. That is not banter.

John Terry admitted he had lapsed and attacked Anton Ferdinand with the abuse he thought would hurt him the most. That is not banter.

Did he ?

I second that question!

I thought the whole reason he got off was he admitted he said it but in some sort of questioning manner. i.e. "Did he say I called him a black word removed?"

Are you even reading what you're responding to? Your post makes no sense in the context of what you just responded to. I'm going to ask you to read what you are responding to. I am not arguing against you. We. Are. On. The. Same. Side.

But BOF, How can you stand there and defend Terry like that?

;) el oh el

Â