Final Fantasy

hogso

So... you bought Type-0 for the XV demo? Fair enough.

I bought it cos it's a PS4 final fantasy game, basically

Ha, I wasn't being sarcastic, honest, I just wondered if that was any indication that you thought Type-0 was crap as I'm currently considering whether or not to get it and I value your opinion on all things FF :)

Edited by Ginko

So... you bought Type-0 for the XV demo? Fair enough.

I bought it cos it's a PS4 final fantasy game, basically

Ha, I wasn't being sarcastic, honest, I just wondered if that was any indication that you thought Type-0 was crap as I'm currently considering whether or not to get it and I value your opinion on all things FF :)

It's definitely high on my list of priorities so will get round to it at some point, but, as an example, I'm about 85 hours into my dragon age inquisition game and just don't want it to end, so I'll still be into that for a good while yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy Record Keeper (iOS/Android) is worth a look for anyone who has played a few FF, and a must for anyone who has played most of them. It seems almost unfair that amount of stuff you can unlock and play without having to pay anything. Interestingly, it's developed by the same crew who will be working with Nintendo on their mobile games.

• 2 months later...

Final Fantasy Record Keeper (iOS/Android) is worth a look for anyone who has played a few FF, and a must for anyone who has played most of them. It seems almost unfair that amount of stuff you can unlock and play without having to pay anything. Interestingly, it's developed by the same crew who will be working with Nintendo on their mobile games.

Got it after I saw an in-game advert for it - enjoying it (even if the majority of it consists of watching your troops auto-attacking everything in sight) thus far - though I'm glad there isn't much need for IAP - it's roughly £3 a pop for a random equipment draw!

Just seen the new in game event unlocks Vivi! Brb!!!

Edited by CardiffGreens

On that note, I sincerely hope all typos in game are corrected.

Also, expansions to the story would be welcome, such as the popular fan theory that guy in pipe was the key to resurrecting Aerith

Edited by hogso

No IMO to get properly in to them you needed to be in to 7/8/9 on the ps1, them investing so much time in to 13 took all the momentum out of the series and they've been overtaken by other series

That said every game is different so because I thought 13 was poor and it's been 14 years since the last really good one (10) doesn't mean 15 won't be great

• Like 1

I mean if I make the remake of 7 my first?

You could probably pick worse places to start.

Although it's hard to say that with the Final Fantasy series. The main games (the numbered ones, we're upto 15) are all completely seperate. They don't share characters or worlds and the only things that carry over are some of the details (the chocobos, moogles, the enemies, and there always being someone called Cid) and the basics of the combat system. Beyond that, each is a new thing. They all add bits, minor things to the overall structure, but ultimately each is turn based combat building a team of 4 characters increasing their strength over hundreds of hours until you defeat the world threatening thing.

7 is the greatest hit of the series. It had the story, the characters, the setting, and perhaps most importantly it was released at the right time and to the right audience. I personally prefer 9 but I'm in a minority. You'd be jumping into the series at it's usually considered high point.

Saying that, if all they do is update the game to modern standards, it'll be a bit of a culture shock, and they are big commitments. Part of the apparent decline in JRPGs has been the time investment required, back when these games first came out I was a kid and had all the time in the world to complete FF9 4 times. Now it'd take me months if I didn't play anything else.

Â