Final Fantasy

hogso

FFXV has received a date for the announcement of the announcement of the release date proper (ugh). If that makes sense. Some more gameplay was shown recently, which looks curiously MGS-esque, it's worth a look especially those who didn't get to play the 'demo' or haven't seen much gameplay yet, it may surprise you. The event in Hollywood takes place on March 30th and is being hosted by two blokes who are presumably from a website, or are streamers, or something that kids think is cool these days.

The event being in North America, it may be sensible to assume there is going to be a worldwide release date. i'm a bit dubious though, as there's always been at least ~3 months between releases in JP and NA/EU for localisation, the online games aside, right up to and including Lightning Returns. Which is promising, as you would think FF7R would follow suit. The two games will have a pretty similar development (if you disregard how the FF Versus XIII portion of XV's development), so the open world environments and battle system are almost certain to be similar to what we'll see in FF7R.

I'm expected a release date ~Nov '16 NA/EU.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2016 at 18:38, hogso said:

Gunning for an all achievement playthrough? Keep us updated man. 

I've decided I definitely want 3 full enemy skill materias in my ff7 save. **** the 4th, too much hassle. I've just lost Cloud, so having 3 other characters making up my party is quite beneficial when learning  limit breaks for the rest I'm finding 

I don't know, depends on what they are. I gave up playing for achievements a long time ago.. might have to break the cycle and just do it. I imagine I'd quite enjoy it unless I have to race through the game to get Excalibur for an achievement. I forgot how much of a chore FF7 was with levelling materia and enemy skills etc...

They haven't been announced yet, but I will be curious to see whether Excalibur II is one. It shouldn't be really, as it was practically impossible to get in the 60hz PAL game.

You should never have to pay anything though, the amount of content it throws at you for free is more than reasonable. In fact they could probably make shit loads out of it, bit for whatever reason, aren't. 

Haha, visit all the beaches? Who on earth comes up with this stuff.

Just been to space in my FFVII playthrough. Was going to do all the Chocobo breeding after getting Cloud back, but couldn't find the very first ingredient - a 'Good' Chocobo east of Gold Saucer. Kept encountering the shit ones instead and gave up after 20 minutes of trying.

Did the Gelnika - Yuffie is so OPd with the Conformer at this point in the game, especially having given her Double Cut materia. Doom of the Living will finish any boss on disc 2 on it's own, I'm fairly certain.

Also, Bugenhagen used to work for Shinra? I can't remember seeing that text from Cait Sith in any previous playthrough before. It's not expanded on, other than Vincent mentioning that all the equipment he has was a gift from Prof Gast.

Yeah, ol Bugen worked for Shinra as a scientist, was pals with Prof. Gast, and upon leaving Shinra on decent terms Gast gave him the machines as a gift.

Explains why CC seems to have a lot of advanced machinery, well, why Bugen does anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Disc 3 on my FF7 playthrough now. Got omnislash, beat ultimate weapon and completed the Ancient Forest all before the end of disc 2. The bonus on AP using Apocalypse for Cloud was great in those end of disc battles.

I actually had the triple growth weapons on Cloud and Cid, along with Yuffie's decent double growth weapon, and double growth armour for all 3 - I've mastered a ton of materia already, and am well set to get w-summon, final attack and the ribbon from battle square. Then on to chocobo breeding...joy. 

Plus! They didn't patch the w-item duplication glitch, which is nice. 

Edited by hogso

Been on a nostalgia overload the past week with ffix on my phone. So awesome to revisit this game after 15 years. IMO it's the best ff by a country mile. Absolutely adore everything about it. My perfect game. 

• Like 1

Got my Gold Chocobo on FFVII yesterday. From catching the first 'Good' Chocobo outside Gold Saucer to going to the materia caves with the Gold Chocobo it took about 2 and a half hours all in. Thank goodness for the internet and the very helpful 3x speed 'booster', took me about 12 hours on the PS1 I bet.

Got a few materia and accessory's to get from Gold Saucer at the Wonder Square, Battle Square and S Rank Chocobo racing, then in to the Northern Crater for levelling before taking on Emerald and Ruby WEAPON. I'm on about 38 hours now, think I'll plat it in under 50.

Edited by hogso

• 3 weeks later...

It's generally considered now that the release date worldwide for XV will be 30th September. It'll be officially announced on 30th March along with some more info, but a leak has it that it will indeed be out this year on that date.

In my VII playthrough I'm nearly at level 99 with Cloud, Cid, and Barrett, with almost all materia mastered. Knights of the Round has only about 50k left to master. I've also got stuff like 4x Cut on all 3, Mime for all 3, and Final Attack/Phoenix mastered and ready to pair. Pretty close to getting 3 lots of W-Magic, W-Summon, and W-Item too, so I'll have a pretty badass set up for Emerald and Ruby Weapons. Then, with the highest AP materia attached to Barrett's Missing Score, AngerMax is going to be doing max damage I hope - which would be significantly more than Knights of the Round can do (max damage of 128,987 v Angermax's 179,982 (same as Highwind)) /nerdgasm

Did this in just over 5 and a half mins with 3x speed, and Emerald Weapon was much the same. Just a few trophies to go. 

Unfortunately I misunderstood the gil trophy somewhat - thought it was 9,999,999...but it's actually 99,999,999 which is just ridiculous. As the video shows I'm on nearly 50,000,000 so a long way to go yet! Mastering and selling All materia is definitely the way to go. My aim of platting it in under 50 hours isn't possible as a result, mind you. 

• Like 1

Â