Final Fantasy

hogso

Never played KH! Gosh. Those games are a joy for FF fans, full of fan service. And Disney too ofc. The story is ultra sickly sweet so that might have you puking before the end, but the gameplay is decent enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I guess everybody here will get lightning returns ?:P

As a self professed and well publicised fanboy, I most certainly will

Edited by hogso

Have to admit, that fighting system looks like something I would enjoy heavily. I might actually get it myself, but I have a feeling the story will be dreadful. I played 13, got 13-2 or whatever but I didn`t play it at all. Not sure, it might get stale if combat is the only thing that keeps me going. The customization part looks pretty good, seems like more and more rpgs skimp on that stuff, which is annoying because I love that stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy VIII has been given a Steam release. For completionists like myself (and being an uber fanboy helps ofc), this is good news - a proper stable PC version of the game with nice high res (in battle) chars. Bonus - its includes Chocobo World! Previously only availble with the PocketStation. Like the original re-release of FF7 on PC, though, the music is the MIDI version, and not the proper stuff. Boo. There's also acheivments and a 'Magic Booster' trainer that gives you 100 of a whole bunch of magic when ever you want it, by the looks.

I only replayed it about a year or so ago, so feel no desire to go back to it so soon, but I'll pick it up at some point when the proper music is dropped in, and if there are a few quid knocked off the price - current £10.

Don't think we'll see FF9 on PC, but one can hope.

it includes Chocobo World! Previously only availble with the PocketStation.

Ace, was flicking through some old FF8 videos a couple of months ago - saw this one of a Guardian Force I'd never seen before - turns out it was an unlock from the pocketstation stuff.  So finally might have a chance to get it - though I sunk far too many hours in to doing all the side quests back in the day - remember spending hours farming catuars till the big one got a gunblade in between his spikes...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to add my thoughts on the Final series. I'd been playing games seriously since the good old days of the Spectrum 48k, upgraded to a nes, master system, mega drive, snes and then a playstation. Nothing in any games before that prepared me for Final Fantasy 7.

The fact that over a decade later the story is still so vivid is testament to what a great story it is.was,. The greatest ever told for me. The characters, well finding out all their backstories was never a chore, like it can be in other games, it was a genuine pleasure that drew you into them even more than before.

The music, nothing more needs to be added, it was magical and fitted perfectly with the style of the game and feel.

I've played many a Rpg since and whilst a lot have been good (really enjoyed suikoden 1 and 2) non matched it, Final Fantasy 7 is like that first love that you never forget.

I enjoyed 8, 9, 10 but not as much so and 12 was ok, the storyline maybe not as epic but I was one of those that didn't mind the move to the automatic gambit system. Actually thinking about it I put a huge amount of time into 12 and beat all the bounty hunter missions, from memory the last one took me absolutely ages.

FF7 I put a good 100+ hours into it, breeding the chocobo's, beating emerald and ruby and generally just maxing everything out, all materias levelled, everyone Level 99 with final limit breaks and weapons.

Everything went down hill from 7 and I don't really play consoles much anymore but it will always be my first love. Now i'm off to blow the dust of the statue I've got of Cloud sitting on the Hardy Daytona lol, just for old times.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Yasumi Matsuno, the creator of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics (aswell as having a major role in Vagrant Story and FFXII) is currently trying to gather funds on Kickstarter for a new Tactical RPG. Gonna be awesome~

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

It's a third of the way there after a couple of days, and one of the stretch goals is to have the composer from FFT and FFXII work on the game. I've gone way OOT in the past with pledges for other stuff, so have settled with $20, which gets you the game as an early bird.

• Like 1

Anyone else played the LRFFXIII (that's Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy Thirteen btw...) demo? It's a massive download for a pretty tiny sneak peek. Shows off some customisation, battles, and the social features. Anyone hoping to see the end of those corridors will be disappointed! I wasn't particularly enthused with the demo, but I do already have it on pre order.

Â