Final Fantasy

hogso

Not going to get my hopes up tbh

If they **** this up im never going to buy another product from them again

Imagine if they deviate from the original story and change the battle system to real time and include quick time events..... #puke

They just need to update the graphics and leave all the gameplay exactly the same 

no dumbing down of materia no dumbing down of the game narrative

a remake in graphics alone leave the original game as it is a masterpiece

Edited by AshVilla

Imagine if they deviate from the original story and change the battle system to real time and include quick time events..... #puke

I saw this article earlier in my google now feed.  When asked about whether the sillier parts of the games will be included:

[When asked] whether we would still see Cloud donning a dress, he (Tetsuya Nomura) said “Please look forward to it.”

Because let's face it, who doesn't want to see this sequence in a HD remake?! :P

Edited by CardiffGreens

there are a few changes they can tidy up, the standing to attention / spinning the gun thing for example

probably because im playing it at the moment im imagining it like the world of the witcher which would be amazing, the biggest danger in my head is the battle system, its outdated and yet its still brilliant, thats where the difference will be in the existing fans and the potential new ones

Not going to get my hopes up tbh

If they **** this up im never going to buy another product from them again

They just need to update the graphics and leave all the gameplay exactly the same 

no dumbing down of materia no dumbing down of the game narrative

a remake in graphics alone leave the original game as it is a masterpiece

They're going to have to update many aspects of it because there is a vast audience of gamers out there who aren't going to stomach 20 year old game design. Hell, even those of us old enough to have garnered the nostalgia potent enough to overlook a lot of that old design might not be able to forgive a 2016/17 release containing it. I know I wouldn't and I loved FFVII in its day.

The way I see it, this remake is going to piss off some FFVII fans no matter what. But those who want a strictly "visual upgrade only" version of the original game resold to them are going to be in for bitter disappointment. Game design has evolved by an order of magnitude over the past 20 years. To ignore that when remaking something even as beloved as FFVII would be utterly mental for Square to do. The key is going to be Square retaining the feel, the flavour and the essence of the game.

What Capcom did to the original Resident Evil when it remade that is probably a good template for how I feel this FFVII remake will turn out. To me, that's an exciting prospect.

You're wrong, they absolutely should do all of those things. Look at the graphical updates of 1-6 for iOS/android, they add nothing and are barely worthy of attention for those that have played before. Which is kind of the point, newcomers wouldn't know the difference, frankly series veterans should not complain. The originals are going nowhere, stick with them.

My only concern is the music. Uematsu or go home tbh. The PC/Steam and soon to be PS4 versions of the original VII mucked up the sound track with midi versions which was ludicrous

Well the PS4 version might not, we don't know yet. Hopefully not, as the steam version was patched.

I think the musical themes are in good hands with any of Squares in-house composers. The music is memorable enough that so long as some good orchestral arrangement is applied, it'll work. I think Uematsu probably will sign on to do the soundtrack but if not, I reckon Masashi Hamauzu would be a good pick. His FFXIII score was sublime.

Edited by Sie

The PC/Steam and soon to be PS4 versions of the original VII mucked up the sound track with midi versions which was ludicrous

Thankfully they've gone some way to sort that out with an update to the soundtrack, so there's much less of the awful midi samples.

I'll be purchasing and playing for trophies. I've owned it twice on PS1, once on PS3 via PSN, once on Steam, and once on PC (the SE release before it was on Steam)

48467444.jpg

Edited by hogso

Yeah and me

I can remember when achievements were 1st announced for the 360 and me thinking it was gimmick that would never work...

I've got it on the ps1 and ps3 but I'm really looking forward to the trophies on ps4, it's also the PC version so I'm expecting slightly better graphics

I presume that trophies will be the same. I've done a 'perfect' (not perfect) run only once, mastering all materia, all limit breaks, everyone to level 100, etc., makes the ruby weapon fight silly easy.

The key is farming magic pots in the crater endgame, and building up limit breaks in the cave before fort condor on disc one.

Graphically, don't expect to be blown away. The battles look nice enough, but all the pre-rendered backgrounds are untouched, which will more than likely look pretty terrible on a big screen.

• Like 1

I mean if I make the remake of 7 my first?

I tried to the original FF7 as my first ever FF game a year or two ago.

I thought it sucked balls, don't think it's aged very well.

I'm tempted to ignore that and, like you, try the remake as a starting point.

I never really have got on with turn based games though.

I probably will. 

My biggest problem was I got bored of the gameplay pretty quickly. It just seemed like all I was doing was walking form one text box to the next, with the odd turn based fight in between (which don't really excite me)

But I probably didn't give it enough of a chance

I can see how it would seem that way, but stick with it. The story grows into something that makes you care about everything - and the main enemy is just brilliant. He has a cult worshipping (in real life...) because he is just awesome. Defeating him is one of my all time favourite gaming moments.

i always though that if you played long enough that you got out of the city then you'd be hooked, takes about 6/7 hours to do that though, the chocobo breeding was always my downfall, started it, put tons of hours in to it, then got bored gave up with that and found that it had taken all momentum out of the game, got a save on my PS3, about 45 hours in, abandoned it because i completely forgot where i was in the game

Â