Final Fantasy

hogso

As much as I came to appreciate the FFXIII battle system, I strongly suspect that gamers starting the series with FFVII Remake would despise the game if it had the same system. Visible enemies on screen at the very least are essential, it would be awful if old school 'random encounters' remained. A tweaked FFXV battle system would be the best choice.

As much as I came to appreciate the FFXIII battle system, I strongly suspect that gamers starting the series with FFVII Remake would despise the game if it had the same system. Visible enemies on screen at the very least are essential, it would be awful if old school 'random encounters' remained. A tweaked FFXV battle system would be the best choice.

Just finished the remake of FF10 (well, for the second time since it was released) and it doesn't affect it at all. Sorry, but I'll be spitting feathers if they change too much. 

More so the battle system. I hate the new one.

Edited by DK82

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to get ffx/x2 hd on ps4 a bit back.

Thought I'll go for the platinum, it being one of my favourite games growing up and all, I thought it was only right I did.

I completely forgot how much of a ball ache farming up the sphere grid was.

Who the **** thought 'perfect sphere master' was a good idea for a trophy.

Why would I want to farm luck for all 7 characters, I've only done 3 and that's taken me up to about 90hours of playtime.

So now I'm probably going to beat penance and then destroy my stats so I can complete the platinum before I top myself from having to grind luck again.

• Like 1

FFX in my head is a great FF game but if you are a proper die hard fan who wants to 100% complete the game then it seriously takes the piss out of you

the sphere grid, the cloister of trials, dark aeons, celestial weapons... 

the game derails itself and becomes incredibly hard to keep the momentum going

• Like 1

FFX in my head is a great FF game but if you are a proper die hard fan who wants to 100% complete the game then it seriously takes the piss out of you

the sphere grid, the cloister of trials, dark aeons, celestial weapons... 

the game derails itself and becomes incredibly hard to keep the momentum going

Very true, it's a game that you will lose if you put it down - simply put, you need to keep on going or face forgetting what is happening.

So 14 hours after beating penance I got the perfect sphere master trophy to pop. 14 hours of pretty much just boosting for ap and filling in the sphere grid, definitely was not worth it, but I had committed too much to the platinum by then to give up.

I will not be playing ffx again for a looooong time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at that point now. Takes so long to navigate the sphere grid. Been switching it up and fighting some of the creations for spheres to fill the empty nodes. Strength, Defence, Magic Defence first up.

So yeah, once everyone has filled the current SG nodes I can start filling in the empty ones to max out those stats at 255. Then I can start the process of fighting Earth Eater for luck.

I think like a lot of you here I was too far down the trophy list to leave it but the sphere grid was a complete pain and I wouldn't advise anyone to peruse it unless you have time to burn

Managed to defeat penance (which I never did back on the ps2) and that's just left me with lightning dancer to unlock to get the platinum - think I'd prefer a "grinding" trophy than one with any technique to keep in line with most the others.....

Lightning dancer wasn't as bad as I feared or remembered. Using the crater trick it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours tops. Frustrating when you get hit after 150+ but in terms of time it's an absolute snip compared to the sphere grid.

Just reading earth eater up there made me feel a bit sick knowing how long I wasted doing the same thing over and over and over.

Good luck guys!

Ok so I've seen the crater video and I can manage the 200 strikes there but on average there's still another 2-3 strikes to dodge on the way back to the chest which I'm finding impossible! Playing the ps4 version 

looks as if it didn't matter as it's still given me the trophy after checking the book inside the travel place - get in :)

Edited by M_Allback_14
Updated

Lightning Dancer will be the last one I go for.

So everyone except Lu (still haven't got her an AP weapon) has 255 Str, Def and M.Def. Gonna start agility now by fighting Fenrir until that is 255. Then it's onto possibly evasion or luck. Not decided. Earth Eater and his Flare counter scare me.

Â