Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

I'll have to endure a day at work knowing full well that MW3 is waiting for me at home :bang:

Will be on from 5pm onwards though :thumb:

I have uni tomorrow but only until 10 so I should be home just as my game arrives. :)

Have to go back for a seminar at 5 though. :(

I'll have to endure a day at work knowing full well that MW3 is waiting for me at home :bang:

Will be on from 5pm onwards though :thumb:

I have uni tomorrow but only until 10 so I should be home just as my game arrives. :)

Have to go back for a seminar at 5 though. :(

Like you'll be attending that seminar!

Just got in from work. I was in the somewhat convenient position of finishing work at about a quarter to midnight and my work being smack bang in the centre of Birmingham (Moor Street station fwiw) so I thought I would go and grab a copy of the game while I was nearby. I presume there were several shops in central Birmingham with a midnight launch, but the nearest two to me were Gamestation on New Street which must have had about 200 people queueing, the shop was jammed and the line carried on outside, and HMV which is literally around the corner and had about ten people waiting for the launch. I got my copy from HMV, I was in and out in about fifteen minutes and half of that was waiting for the clock to strike midnight so they could turn the tills on. Was back in my car for half midnight, back at the house for 1am. Game is currently installing on my 360.

HdOskl.jpg

First game score:

13 kills

6 assists

15 deaths

Very enjoyable so far. Did 15 minutes on the campaign and then straight into multiplayer. Few decent maps but it's early doors and still learning them all and player traits around them also.

KD started off below 1.00, now up to 1.09.

Kill confirmed is a good addition. Sadly I have to retire for the evening now, could easily have played through all night.

Very enjoyable so far. Did 15 minutes on the campaign and then straight into multiplayer. Few decent maps but it's early doors and still learning them all and player traits around them also.

KD started off below 1.00, now up to 1.09.

Kill confirmed is a good addition. Sadly I have to retire for the evening now, could easily have played through all night.

Haha it was 5:31am when you posted that. You DID play all night!!!!!!

I have never played any CoD games although I am intrigued by this one.

Is it worth the purchase?

I managed to get through the first few campaign missions last night, and while it is same old MW it is spectacular. The set pieces are as explosive and ridiculous as ever and it remains the smoothest and sweetest to.control FPS out there (in myopinion). I'm looking forward to cracking the campaign over the next couple of nights before moving on to spec ops. Multiplayer will have to be postponed as I promised a mate I woupd wait for him to get back off holiday...

Anyone know if Gamestation are doing their usual "trade in 2 games, get an extra £5 trade-in" on this?

HMV are doing a deal where if you trade in one of four select titles, you can get this for £9.99. I know one of the titles is the new Batman, not sure on the other 3, but i'll be going for that later when i get my copy.

Edit - this is it

£9.99 with trade-in of Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 or GoldenEye 007 Reloaded.

Thanks CBV, but alas no good to me; got my pre-order at Gamestation. Will be getting £21 off for Black Ops and SvR2011 when I get the **** to price-match with CEX's trade-in values, normally they do that extra £5 on top when you buy new releases within the first few weeks so I'm hoping to bag a juicy £26 off.

Â