RIP Paddy: Anyone wanting funeral details PM LV or mark359

wiggyrichard

Posted this elsewhere on the internet already, but I have known Pat pretty much since the first day I got the internet. He was a part of the massive influx from the official Villa forums to VT sometime in 2004 but I spent most of my time talking to him on MSN every night from something stupid like 9pm through to 1am, mostly about music and football (in that order) and we used to have a giggle. I didnt speak to him anywhere near as much after he went to uni and I had kids, but part of me will always remember the chats we had. Anybody from the old forums who remembers AVASA will agree I am sure. :)

I think I still have several of his bands songs (Dum Fox) on a hard drive somewhere. I was going to dig them out and upload them to YouTube but a few of them are up on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/dumfoxrocks

I'll shed a tear and raise a glass Pat. All the best mate. :thumb:

Before I stopped posting a little over a year ago I was under the impression he was getting better. Since I've been back I've been worried because I noticed his absence from VT. And to read about this now on Ian Robo's facebook wall was just a punch the stomach. I only knew him from here and I have never met him or talked to him but he just came across as a really decent bloke with a lovely sense of humour. RIP, Paddy. VT will miss you.

A kind and thoughtful poster who never kicked up a fuss whilst fighting a horrid affliction . It puts it all into perspective really when you consider what a lot of us bitch and moan about .

Top bloke and VT will be worse off without him .

:clap:

I don't really like mourning so the applause is for the life he lived and the person he was .

Like most on here I never met Paddy but I always found his posts in relation to his illness inspiring and he came across as a genuinely nice bloke. Much like the recent passing of Harry Moseley it puts life in to perspective and makes you realise most of the crap we bitch and moan about just doesn't matter.

RIP Paddy.

For those of you who don’t know me (which will the majority, as I mostly read this forum rather than post) I am Pats cousin and he was also my best friend.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind messages you have left. Pat loved being an active member of this forum. It was a great place to discuss his illness with people and also a great place to get away from it.

Patrick peacefully passed away yesterday afternoon at St Mary’s Hospice in Birmingham. His mum, dad, brother and I were by his side. Pat was 25 and was diagnosed with a brain tumour 5 years and 2 days before he passed away. A great deal of that time Pat was able to continue doing what he loved in life and even managed to complete his degree while still undergoing chemotherapy.

As many of you have mentioned Pat never complained about his illness and tried so hard not to let it get in the way of his life. We are all completely devastated by his loss, although he will live on forever in our hearts.

Arrangements have been made for Patrick’s funeral, which will take place Friday next week not too far from the Birmingham area. I won’t post specific details here, however if you feel that you knew Pat well enough to want to attend then feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you.

Thank you again for your words of support,

Mark

Ah jesus christ. That's terrible news, I didn't realise it was so critical, though his absence of late I suppose wasn't a great indicator. Thoughts with his family and friends, lovely chap on here.

RIP Paddy.

:( Paddy was one of the mainstays of the forum I joined, I remember how shocked I was when he posted that he had a brain tumour, and how cheered I was when I heard that it was in remission. Hoping that there is somewhere up there for him. Thoughts are with all his family and close friends.

Â