RIP Paddy: Anyone wanting funeral details PM LV or mark359

wiggyrichard

Gutted. RIP Paddy, the latest HEITS. As I've said elsewhere, if only the good die young, that makes you one of the best. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

We nearly met. Arranged to meet up for the Doncaster away cup tie a couple of years ago, but managed to miss each other due to last minute changes in travel plans. I regret that now.

So, simply lots of cyber-chatting, but WHAT a good bloke.

Must be the youngest VTer we've lost, and it upsets me beyond description.

RIP Paddy, always seemed to be on form no matter what his situation. Always remember the club giving him his own box for one game so he could get to a game as he defense system was so weak.

Very sad news and though never met him has upset me, too young to die :(

Oh my god!... This is awful news! My heartfelt condolences to all his friends and family. This is so sad.

RIP, Paddy... thanks for showing me the 'sad jokes' all those years ago. Hilarious. Always enjoyed your posts.

HEITS!

I think he was about 26 for whoever asked.

I remember him posting here about a call in show he rang up and told them about how good villa were letting him use a box for the season because of finding out about his illness when he'd already bought a season ticket.. he was so chuffed about that. He was also embarrassed about how many times he said a certain word (like 'y'know' or something). That story always made me smile.

I did wonder a couple of months ago why he'd not popped in to say how he was getting on.. I can only imagine what he and his family were going through, these things dont usually come as a suprise.. which is both good and bad.

I can only hoped he lived his last days as he wished to.

Despite not knowing him, I always felt like we'd get along, I dont get that much reading messages people put on the internet, but you could genuinely tell he loved his football, and cared very much about Aston Villa Football Club.

I will miss him, as will many others - who will probably have more to miss about him.

I wish my greatest condoleses to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Paddy, it was a pleasure reading your opinions.. :cry:

Â