RIP Paddy: Anyone wanting funeral details PM LV or mark359

wiggyrichard

Horrible news. Didn't know him personally and never met him but i respected him as a contributor to the site and even more so as a man able to remain so positive despite the horrible hand he had been dealt. RIP Paddy, top bloke.

Never got to really know hi, just a few PMs, but he seemed to be such a nice guy and I alwyas enjoyed nhis posts on here. One of my favourite posters. Gutted that he's left us and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Some might find this inappropriate but this is the best tribute I feel that I can give, because it's a beautifull song and touching lyrics:

Queen- No one but you

R.I.P., Paddy. Your pain is over and I hope you have a good time up there.

Holte Ender in the Sky

Not very good with words so I'll borrow some from Paddy as a (hopefully) fitting tribute of the sort of guy he was

It's been tough, but I wouldn't describe it as a battle. There's really very little you can do other than sit back and wait for these incredible treatments to do their job. I've not been brave, I hate the word brave. Someone who throws them self in front of a bus to save someone else is brave. People say I've coped with it well, better than they would have done. But do you ever hear a cancer patient described as coping with it badly? I never have. As Jenni Murray said, in the best description I've read of how I feel about this whole thing. "You're not being brave, you're just coping with the unavoidable in the best way you can". That sums it up perfectly for me.

I remember when he posted that and it's always stuck with me. Although I didn't know personally him he seemed like a smart and genuinely likeable guy.

RIP Paddy. :(

I spoke to Paddy a few times over the phone, when we both got ripped off in a ticket scam for the Carling Cup Final 2 seasons ago. We both exchanged email address and promised to keep in touch and update one another on how we had got on with reporting this through our local police stations.

From the first exchange, Paddy came across as a genuine caring and helpful bloke and even until now, I had no realization that he was affected by cancer.

I know from email exchanges that the scammer was eventually caught and Paddy got his money back, he was chuffed to pieces that he had got a 'result'.

Paddy RIP mate, see you when I get there.

Paddy was diagnosed around the same time that i was also diagnosed with bowel cancer and although we never met up, we shared some chat etc through the site. He was a good man, always had a good story to tell. Sadly someone took far to soon to this terrible disease! R.I.P Pad

Â