The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Guys, does anyone know when you can pre-order the 2011-2012 Season Review DVD?

I want to get my order in quick before they all fly off the shelves.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but there will be no DVD review this season due to the need to reduce costs.

This season the club will simply be making a video available on AVTV, again sadly due to the costs of television rights these days they won't be using actual footage. Instead one of Villatalk's very own members will be recreating our finnest moments through lego.

For those not stupid enough to pay for AVTV a flick book of highlights will be available from the club shop.

showing the seasons best highlights as it could be so short it could be classed as a subliminal message :lol:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has this £5.4m figure come from?

The figure in the contract, and then we buckled. Not disclosing a fee is to avoid "egg on the face" and I somehow doubt Birmingham had anything to hide from.

I think you're putting 2 & 2 together here and getting 5.

Link 1 - Confirms AMC had a £5.4m release clause in his small heath contract. Villa hired him believing he was out of contract.

Link 2 - "Aston Villa has agreed to pay Birmingham City an undisclosed figure following negotiations whereby the parties have agreed to bring to an end all disputes". This means that due to the ambiguity of the situation whether he was in contract or not Villa have agreed to pay a sum to settle the affiar without court action. This "undosclosed amount" is somewhere between £1.00 and £5.4m and remains undisclosed.

Never mind all that. Mutual consent suits both parties. McLeish can say all he wants about the fans never giving him a chance. Three relegation scraps in four seasons is all the proof I need. Get rid, let the out of contract blokes go, use the money wisely. Lambert of Martinez for me. Both will do a good job and will certainly get my backing come what may.

His gone in the summer regardless if he keeps us up or not. Very good source has told me this. If he keeps us up he get his bonus!!!!!! All been agreed for him to walk away in the summer

Great news.

Let this be a lesson for the Villa, the goal is to destroy small heath fc at the very least, not give them money and not to take players / staff /ball boys or a fín tea lady from over there. Nothing good has ever come from that place and this is the proof. Finding anything good from small heath is like trying to find your gorgeous 18 year old daughter a good reliable husband from Broadmoor.

Why they did not listen is beyond me but let that be a lesson for the Villa and us all.

If it's true it's agreed for him to go then it would make sense to announce it as it would mean no protest against spurs and a positive atmosphere, the stadium would fill up again and the players (if not already aware) would hopefully get a boost about being in a better place next year.

If it's true it's agreed for him to go then it would make sense to announce it as it would mean no protest against spurs and a positive atmosphere, the stadium would fill up again and the players (if not already aware) would hopefully get a boost about being in a better place next year.

The ground will be full against Spuds anyway. It normally is, and there will be a clamour for tickets to our potentially final Premier League game.

His gone in the summer regardless if he keeps us up or not. Very good source has told me this. If he keeps us up he get his bonus!!!!!! All been agreed for him to walk away in the summer

Hmmm, wonder what MM has to say on that ?

If he goes (which he won't), then we're still left with an incompetent owner hell bent on running the club within completely unreasonable financial contraints. It won't solve anything.

We are now being run like a small time club, no bigger than the likes of Bolton or Wigan. Regardless of who manages us, we'll be overachieving if we finish mid-table (provided we stay up).

Even Kendrick is saying he is finding it impossible to think McLeish will be Villa manager next season now. He says he can't even see him in the dug out against Spurs if we lose to Baggies.

Hmmm, wonder what MM has to say on that ?

Whatever the club want him to know/say.

I cannot see how whether we stay up or go down Randy has any other option but to terminate his employment. For those that argue he can't afford to sack him I would argue he can't afford NOT to sack him.

Our attendance is down around 6000 on average this season. Over a season at £25 average ticket price thats around £3m. That could rise to 10000 or more if AM stays. Thats almost £6m. If we do go down and he keeps AM that will compound the lost revenue from attendances even further so if we go down it makes sense to get rid of him even more because Lerner will realise he will need all the fans money and support he can get.

For those on here that have the opinion Lerner should go and is clueless I would say this. Lerner is guilty of the following:

1. Not listening to his fan base or understanding the gravity of appointing McLeish. I can understand this to a certain extent because as a boss sometimes you have to take an unpopular decision and go with what you believe over the advice of others. The skill in making these decisions is being honest enough to go, ok I **** up there I need to put that right. I think (hope) Randy is wise enough to do this. I'm confident this will be the case if you read point 2

2. Allowing MON to have too much say in the running of the club that ended in poor financial decisions being made that we are having to rectify now. This would have happened regardless of the manager and I believe the way the club is being run from a finance point of view is the right way now to ensure Villa do not become the next Leeds / Pompey.

3. Listening to people who are giving him very poor advice on football matters. I think we'll probably find that Randy has learned (if you'll excuse the pun) a great deal about running a football club, Aston Villa as a business and an institution this season and also whom he should not have any trust in the next time they offer advice.

I think Randy is an excellent patron of Aston Villa who undoubtedly has the good of Aston Villa and its long term future at heart he just listens to the wrong people in the critical matters. I don't imagine a man as wealthy as he is will not use the experience of this season and come back better for it.

For those who want rid of him, I understand that point of view and can see where its born from but as the old saying goes be careful what you wish for cos we might just get it!! ( see Venky's / Gillette's / Shinawatra / Yeung / Sullivans)

I think Randy is an excellent patron of Aston Villa who undoubtedly has the good of Aston Villa and its long term future at heart

I think he is an idiot. He has no understanding of English football, if he has the good of Aston Villa at heart he would NEVER have appointed McLeish.

I think he is awful. The sooner he goes the better.

All he doing is pissing his dads money up the wall, grade A pillock is all he is

I can't get to any betting sites. But there seems to be "growing chatter" - that WBA will be his last game in charge.

I wonder if the RL/PF have realised that the vote of confidence - has only fuelled the rumours - not quelled them. The only thing to quell them would be a firm statement that AM will be our manager next season - but that would do more harm than good.

The games up - Randy knows it, Faulkner Knows it , and perhaps most of all Mcleish knows it.

Â