The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he has the good of Aston Villa at heart he would NEVER have appointed McLeish.

The most important thing in all you wrote.

I would agree appointing AM was a Huuuuuge **** up from on every single level imaginable and I have absolutley no concept of who or how anyone thought it could possibly work?

That said up until then Randy had done, in my opinion, nothing but good for Aston Villa.

He had spent a great deal of money on trying to bring on the pitch success to Aston Villa. He has spent a great deal of money improving facilities for fans in and around Villa Park. He has spent a great deal of money on training facilities at BH. In fact everything a lot of fans criticised Ellis for he has done!! If he gets rid of Mcleish which i'm convinced he will, I can't allow his one calamitous decision to cloud all the good stuff he's done

I can't get to any betting sites. But there seems to be "growing chatter" - that WBA will be his last game in charge.

I wonder if the RL/PF have realised that the vote of confidence - has only fuelled the rumours - not quelled them. The only thing to quell them would be a firm statement that AM will be our manager next season - but that would do more harm than good.

The games up - Randy knows it, Faulkner Knows it , and perhaps most of all Mcleish knows it.

Doesn't make sense to me. I can definitely see him going at the end of the season but surely if they were going to get rid of him before the end of the season it would've been just after the Bolton game?

I can't get to any betting sites. But there seems to be "growing chatter" - that WBA will be his last game in charge.

that's half the job

but I want Lerner in the stocks whilst we throw rotten fruit at him as well ... though I'll settle for a public apology from Lerner for the appointment

Just read the match pre-match article for the WBA on the BBC and it said there was a poll taken by the Birmingham Mail which stated that 76% of supporters wanted him sacked. Was this some sort of online poll (meaning anyone can participate)? The true figure among fans would surely be around 95% at the very least?

maybe that 24% is the angry minority who didn't even give him a chance at his initial appointment and have upped the stakes to wanting him dead?

Or I suspect foul play by some cunning bluenose / wigan / bolton etc etc voters.

Odds are shortening on the next villa manager market on oddschecker, Paul Lambert has come in to 6-1 and interesting that Roberto Martinez is now 2-1.

He is only 5/4 with Stan James

I cant see Lambert leaving Norwich.He has taken them up 2/3 divisions, he must know the club insideout by now, why would you want to leave all that hard work behind :?:

Just read the match pre-match article for the WBA on the BBC and it said there was a poll taken by the Birmingham Mail which stated that 76% of supporters wanted him sacked. Was this some sort of online poll (meaning anyone can participate)? The true figure among fans would surely be around 95% at the very least?

I reckon a few noses must have voted

I cannot see how whether we stay up or go down Randy has any other option but to terminate his employment. For those that argue he can't afford to sack him I would argue he can't afford NOT to sack him.

Our attendance is down around 6000 on average this season. Over a season at £25 average ticket price thats around £3m. That could rise to 10000 or more if AM stays. Thats almost £6m. If we do go down and he keeps AM that will compound the lost revenue from attendances even further so if we go down it makes sense to get rid of him even more because Lerner will realise he will need all the fans money and support he can get.

For those on here that have the opinion Lerner should go and is clueless I would say this. Lerner is guilty of the following:

1. Not listening to his fan base or understanding the gravity of appointing McLeish. I can understand this to a certain extent because as a boss sometimes you have to take an unpopular decision and go with what you believe over the advice of others. The skill in making these decisions is being honest enough to go, ok I **** up there I need to put that right. I think (hope) Randy is wise enough to do this. I'm confident this will be the case if you read point 2

2. Allowing MON to have too much say in the running of the club that ended in poor financial decisions being made that we are having to rectify now. This would have happened regardless of the manager and I believe the way the club is being run from a finance point of view is the right way now to ensure Villa do not become the next Leeds / Pompey.

3. Listening to people who are giving him very poor advice on football matters. I think we'll probably find that Randy has learned (if you'll excuse the pun) a great deal about running a football club, Aston Villa as a business and an institution this season and also whom he should not have any trust in the next time they offer advice.

I think Randy is an excellent patron of Aston Villa who undoubtedly has the good of Aston Villa and its long term future at heart he just listens to the wrong people in the critical matters. I don't imagine a man as wealthy as he is will not use the experience of this season and come back better for it.

For those who want rid of him, I understand that point of view and can see where its born from but as the old saying goes be careful what you wish for cos we might just get it!! ( see Venky's / Gillette's / Shinawatra / Yeung / Sullivans)

Can't help but agree with all of this...

Yea I reckon that the 24% that didn't want him sacked as Villa manager were either bluenoses or retards (difficult to distinguish between the two groups though!).

Roy's right, McLeish has been damned unlucky.

But other managers would have ground out results. McLeish's problem was that he was trying to dispel the myth and play passing football, at a time when we should have been getting down and dirty.

You were unlucky Alex, and I'm sorry for that, but move along.

Â