The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I will give him that we have had an awful amount of injuries this season. But then it was the same last season and our football wasn't so awful and we looked like we could score and win games.

We had more or less a full strentgh squad v swansea at home - we lost 0-2

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Birmingham Mail has a photo and editorial of the one, yes that's right one, Villa fan who came forward after their appeal to find Villa fans in support of McLeish.

I don't know how he had the nerve to let his photo and name be published so widely.

He either has balls of steel or is on some strange medication!

Roy's right, McLeish has been damned unlucky.

But other managers would have ground out results. McLeish's problem was that he was trying to dispel the myth and play passing football, at a time when we should have been getting down and dirty.

You were unlucky Alex, and I'm sorry for that, but move along.

Luck doesn't really come into it though. Yes we've had a lot of injury problems but we've been shit pretty much all season. He's just an extremely bad manager - that's why we're in this position.

The other night summed up everything about his football knowledge.

Ireland gets injured in the warm up and so he starts with 5 defenders and a defensive cm.

We had players with a bit of craft such as Bannan and Carruthers sitting on the bench... pathetic!

They're showing his pre-match interview, how do you deal with it?

'What do you expect me to do, go up there and batter them all?'

Errrrr...

no way, did he say that?!

ahahahahahah. he's done a shit job but that's classic if true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17872316

Alex McLeish will focus on Aston Villa future after season

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has said he will only talk about his future at the club once the season is over.

Supporters were calling for McLeish to be sacked following the 2-1 home defeat by relegation rivals Bolton on Tuesday.

The result left Villa, who have won just one of their last 13 matches, three points above the drop zone.

But McLeish said: "We are concentrating on the last three games before anybody makes any statements about futures. That includes me."

Villa have a better goal difference than the teams around them but they have picked up just three points out of their last seven games.

However, the club's American owner Randy Lerner gave McLeish a vote of confidence this week.

"I thought it was great leadership from the chairman," said the Scot.

"People want to hear what he's saying at this particular stage. As far as a vote of confidence, I didn't see it that way, I just saw it as support.

"They realise the tough job I've got and perhaps that's why they've chosen me because they've seen me getting through tough jobs like this before."

McLeish takes his side to West Brom on Saturday and faces a home game against Champions League-chasing Tottenham before a final-day trip to Norwich as he tries to stave off relegation.

"This is a tough challenge but I've come through tough ones before and I'm certain we'll make it," he added.

"We've got to try to play for the nine points. We've got to go to the Hawthorns with a tremendous attitude.

"In a derby game, it's roll your sleeves up and have a go."

On the question of relegation, McLeish added: "It's possible but we don't believe it will happen."

Adds more fuel to the fire that he's agreed his compo package to me, goes against what he said post-bolton few days ago

"I'm not somebody who shirks a challenge. I will keep going and keep fighting to get the points that will make us safe."

He's going.....isn't he!? EVerything in the past 2/3 days is pointing to that....the nightmare is nearly over. Matt Kendrick seemed to think that he may go after the West Brom game because the atmosphere vs Spurs would be horrendous and not help the team.

Nice guy.
What is it about him that makes him so nice? Honestly, he's done many of the same things Houllier did (namely, the constant shifting of blame) yet whereas the latter was often referred to as a prick the former is a "nice man".

If he was a 'Nice Guy' he wouldn't have hurt us so much.

Oh for **** sake! Look, i want him out and think he is an awful manager...but lets not pretend he came here and did it on purpose!!!

Chill out!

Can you not see it was meant as a bit of light hearted joviality to break up, just for a little while anyway, the very real depression lurking on this forum.

Some people need to get out more!

I'm really confused. Why are people so certain now that he's going?

I think it's a combination of him looking resigned (only talking about next 3 games), the statement from Randy (only mentioning 3 games) and most journos are openly talking about his position becoming untenable since Tuesday.

Â