The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I am telling you I don't care where he is from

I could tell you the same thing. Doesnt make it true though does it?

Why on earth would I lie ? How old are you, 2 ? If I didn't like 'where he was from' why wouldn't I just say so ? Do you think I would care what you thought of that ?

Do you really find it so hard to understand that just asd you have a view of his skills and perfromancxe, I have a different one.

Don't know whether you will answer as I really have so many bettter things to do than debate such a silly silly issue with someone.

What a joke.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course McLeish isn't the ideal man for the job.

Of course we're not having a great season, always going to be tough when 5 of your first team in the better half of your previous (hardly glittering) last season and are almost adequately replaced.

However I believe McLeish will not be here in 2 years time, and he's merely a stopgap, to get the club into decent financial shape without the expense of our PL status.

What we should be worried about, however, is what replacement he'd have. Many would sack McLeish right now, but who to bring in? Wolves kneejerked, and now they're plummeting out of the top flight.

Basically we're having McLeish for a while longer yet, so just get used to it. It will be interesting to see which players come in/go out in summer. I HOPE a left back. And an attacking midfielder, perhaps a DM and a striker too.

We didn't play Barcelona football under O'Neill but he got results. The fact that he got results and McLeish hasn't is the reason fans are against McLeish

thats really unfair as McLEish wasnt given the time MON was. MON 1st season we played some atrocious stuff and couldnt beat teams. Interestingly we were in a similar position in MON 1st season and only a great run in last 8 games brought us up to 11th

You mean that great run after mon had his first chance to sign players? Something mcleish was given in the summer along with preseason.

When people compare this season to the first one under MON they seem to leave out the part about us being one of the last unbeaten teams in the country.

That kind of thing indicates that their will be a postitive future. All mcleish has done is come very close to setting abysmal club records which clearly doesn't offer much hope for the future.

he's merely a stopgap, to get the club into decent financial shape without the expense of our PL status.

This is the bit of the argument I never can get.

I don't see how we are getting into decent financial shape.

We have sold off all our top stars, haven't replaced them adequately, and are changing into a mid table club with little ambition,unadventurous football, lower crowds and probably less attraction for players looking to move to premier league clubs.

That may be shaping us to survive at the levels Lerner is now prepared to invest in the club but how is making our finances decent?

We didn't play Barcelona football under O'Neill but he got results. The fact that he got results and McLeish hasn't is the reason fans are against McLeish

thats really unfair as McLEish wasnt given the time MON was. MON 1st season we played some atrocious stuff and couldnt beat teams. Interestingly we were in a similar position in MON 1st season and only a great run in last 8 games brought us up to 11th

Quite, and in MoNs 1st season by now he'd signed Ash, Carew & Petrov

Whereas Alex has had to sell ash and Downer and Benty is out for half a season

You cannot say its like for like

Ash and Downing, replaced by NZog and Ireland and its hardley a problem having Bent out now is it. Probably gives McLeish the chance to work out how to play him. I mean we could have Messi and even he would'nt be able to score under Mcleish's tactics.

MON started from a much lower base, with O'Leary's woeful team, and he had no preseason. McLeish started with a team of decent enough players that had underperformed under Houllier (and that was still decent after getting rid of Ash and Downing).

MON started from a much lower base, with O'Leary's woeful team

this drives me mad, was a woefully managed team not a woeful team. Players like Sorensen, MEllberg, Laursen, Bouma, Barry, Baros, Angel, Delaney, Cahill and Whittingham were all available to MON in that season

this drives me mad, was a woefully managed team not a woeful team. Players like Sorensen, MEllberg, Laursen, Bouma, Barry, Baros, Angel, Delaney, Cahill and Whittingham were all available to MON in that season

Spot on, MON inherited a tidy squad and had a bottomless wallet to use

Sorensen is meh, Barry only developed into a proper player under MON, Baros was shite, Angel was hardly a world beater, Cahill was young and hardly an asset, Whittingham ended up in the Championship. It really wasn't a strong squad at all, it was a lower mid-table squad.

Spot on, MON inherited a tidy squad and had a bottomless wallet to use

Talk about scraping the barrel. Baros, Cahill (at that point in his career), WHITTINGHAM?! There's not even 11 players listed there, never mind a squad capable of lifting us up the table. Just to put it in perspective, our team against Arsenal on the first day of the season:

Sorensen, Hughes, Mellberg, Ridgewell, Samuel, Agbonlahor, McCann, Davis, Barry, Angel, Moore.

Subs: Taylor, Phillips, Hendrie, Laursen, Djemba-Djemba

He bought Carew Ash and Petrov in his first 6 months

With wages that was a £40m upwards commitment from the off

McLeish is having to trim the wage bill and sell assets while bringing kids and Bosmans in

Take MONs team in his 28th game and compare, it's more relevant

Sorensen Bouma Mellberg Cahill Bardsley Young Petrov McCann Barry Gabby Carew

I'd argue that's a much stronger XI than what we have now

He bought Carew Ash and Petrov in his first 6 months

With wages that was a £40m upwards commitment from the off

McLeish is having to trim the wage bill and sell assets while bringing kids and Bosmans in

And to think only a few short weeks ago you were suggesting we appoint David Platt as manager, now you're defending McLeish at every opportunity.

The undeniable fact is that the squad at his disposal should not be in the bottom 6 and for that reason alone i hope he's serving up his brand of turgid crap elsewhere next season.

Take MONs team in his 28th game and compare, it's more relevant

Sorensen Bouma Mellberg Cahill Bardsley Young Petrov McCann Barry Gabby Carew

I'd argue that's a much stronger XI than what we have now

i was going to disagree with that, but when you look at our last starting xi, you're spot on

Given > Sorensen - 1-0 2012

Hutton = Bardsley - 2-1 2012

Warnock < Bouma - 2-2

Collins Cahill (as he was then) - 3-3

Ireland > McCann - 4-3 2012

N'Zogbia < Young - 4-4

Albrighton < Carew Then - 5-4 2007

Petrov Now < Petrov Then - 6-4 2007

Herd < Barry - 7-4 2007

Agbonlahor = Agbonlahor - 8-5 2007

Firstly why is the 28th game of the season any more relevant than the 1st? MON didn't sign Carew and Young until January so pretty much half the season without them. I also think people are forgetting how poor Petrov was that first season and how long it took Young to settle into the team. Secondly its not just the first team, its the quality of the squad and our squad was pretty damn poor that year.

Â