The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Results this weekend could determine whether any word is heard from the club, or indeed McLeish himself.

Hope it does really, I remember only too well going to Norwich before and sweating it out.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As seen on Twitter....

AVFCMysteryMan

There will be NO further delay if he is not out Monday I am talking shit and unfollow me but he is sacked Monday #avfc

Just to clear up on this guy, before AM got the job he was spouting stuff about Moyes.. when AM got the job he tweeted saying he was a bluenose all along at SOTV etc..

This. He's a complete **** numpty and has deleted all his previous tweets from last season which turned out to be a total wind-up.

im 99.99% sure McLeish will be gone after the Norwich game, and we can end this era.. And start fresh in the summer with a new manager, new players and a more positive view for the season ahead, this season was doomed from when they announced AM as manager, I just hope they dont screw up again and actually hire the right man for the job this time round.

This is the bit I am worried about most, yes he will be gone as they have no choice on that. Can't have an empty stadium can we ?

"start fresh in the summer"

Now, I know what you mean with the above but what do you think the Villa will do. Logically you are correct and we should start afresh with new ideas and enthusiasm but unfortuanley they have shown themsellves to be totally clueless in every single football department.

If they had a clue I would not be typing on page 1001 of an example of a football decision by the Villa. Just because they get rid of AMC will not solve the other deeper problems. To compete we need to increase wages, not reduce them so with that in mind who is going to manage us ? They will have nop transfer money, no squad worth anything tbh and a gap between where we are and we we should be of about 7 years, a change in ownership and a 100M investment on players. Getting rid of the manager will start the process but lets be honest, we are finsihed as a force now.

To compete we need to increase wages, not reduce them so with that in mind who is going to manage us ?
Probably true, unfortunately:

There is a widespread belief – and a moral conviction – that footballers’ salaries must fall.

However, they probably will not – because of the logic of this industry. Firstly, in football, wages pretty much determine success. The more a club pays its players, the more matches it will win. Stefan Szymanski, sports economist at London’s Cass Business School, studied English clubs in the top two divisions from 1998 to 2007 and found that their wage spending accounted for 89 per cent of the variation in their league positions. The top of the English table currently reads: 1. Chelsea, 2. Manchester United, 3. Arsenal. That also happens to be the ranking order of their wage bills. In Italy, Mr Szymanski found an even stronger correlation between wages and league position.

In short, footballers get paid what they deserve, at least judged by their contribution to winning matches. A club that cut wages might increase profits, but almost all European clubs pursue victories not profits.

FT (April 16, 2010)

If we survive I hate to say it but I don't think they will sack him - unless, the fans make it clear they want him gone at the Spurs game whatever the result.

IF we pull an amazing result out the bag my fear is that he will stay and take us down next year.

"but almost all European clubs pursue victories not profits" -- What a class line there. :clap:

Almost all.......The Villa are like rabid, unfed dogs with a Terminator like focus on anything other than the pursiut of victories.

When they feel like at least having a quick look then they can let me know and I will tell them how to get some victories, until then we wait.

It has to be a matter of time, the mood has turned and both parties have put out ambiguous statements and not ended the debate. For all we know Lerner has targeted the replacement and feelers are being put out before an official approach so to avoid being turned down a la Martinez.

lets hope there is no let up and the vocals stay nice and loud

the ginger gibbon is a nasty person and a waste of breath. i would not give him the stink off my shit or the steam off my piss

vile vile human being, he eats babies and orders the execution of kittens on a dialy basis, just so he can keep the ginger rage

( there we go, i though i would counter all this bullshit about him being lovely and nice with zero evidence with random horrid stuff which there is also no evidence)

i sometimes wandered what sort of people would send letters to killers on death row wanting to be 'friends'

no doubt it is the same people who say the ginger long armed pasty faced primate is ' a nice person'

It has to be a matter of time, the mood has turned and both parties have put out ambiguous statements and not ended the debate. For all we know Lerner has targeted the replacement and feelers are being put out before an official approach so to avoid being turned down a la Martinez.

This is the problem Lerner has created, years ago the Villa was a top job and it would be a good thing to haveon ones CV.

The fact they have put out feelers says enough, is that "are you a top European manager who can handle a massive transfer fund to get the Villa back to where we belong"

or the feelers that got us Mcleish do you think ?

Nothing has changed behind the scenes apart from we have less money than before. We will be in the same position next year with another muppet in charge playing / destroying the kids etc. Something big has to change and not just the manager.

I actually think Mcleish wants to go. He may try for compensation - but if Lerner says 'you can stay' i think Mcleish will crumble.

Much as I don't rate him. I am not expecting great things from his succesor - Lerner still beleives our academy can produce 5 or 6 premiership players for next season - I am not convinced

lets hope there is no let up and the vocals stay nice and loud

the ginger gibbon is a nasty person and a waste of breath. i would not give him the stink off my shit or the steam off my piss

vile vile human being, he eats babies and orders the execution of kittens on a dialy basis, just so he can keep the ginger rage

( there we go, i though i would counter all this bullshit about him being lovely and nice with zero evidence with random horrid stuff which there is also no evidence)

i sometimes wandered what sort of people would send letters to killers on death row wanting to be 'friends'

no doubt it is the same people who say the ginger long armed pasty faced primate is ' a nice person'

I'm gonna miss these posts when McLeish does finally **** off.

If we survive I hate to say it but I don't think they will sack him - unless, the fans make it clear they want him gone at the Spurs game whatever the result.

IF we pull an amazing result out the bag my fear is that he will stay and take us down next year.

My theory is that the whole departure package was discussed and agreed last week.

The moment that we are mathematically safe is the point that McLeish will quietly depart.

Â