The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think perhaps Lerner has realised that the club may be better off without him here for the last two games. Either that or he's been talking to those more knowledgeable.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it'd definitely eschew convention, but i think it makes perfect sense to get rid of him next week. i doubt lerner wants a repeat of bolton from the home crowd, not for the last game of the season with season ticket renewals not going too well. if, and its a big if, they have decided to get rid of him now, it'll mean a great atmosphere at villa park at the weekend now that we're all but safe. the fans will be happy, the players will be happy (assuming they dislike playing for him) and the overall vibe will be a lot more positive

as an aside to that, perhaps mcleish has also decided that he'd rather go now, when he can claim he got us safe, rather than facing more abuse. it's probably as good a time as any to get rid for both parties, so it genuinely wouldn't surprise me

If you are going to get rid of someone in a high position within an organisation then it is best to do it immediately and place them on 'Gardening Leave' so that they cannot carry out any negative activity (hard to notice in McLeish's case as he has been doing that all season) and cannot negatively influence or disrupt the organisation going forward.

Hence why I am a little confused about him still being here after the Bolton debacle as it would have been better for all concerned to have parted company immediately.

Let's see what transpires!

It would be daft to sack him now I reckon. What if we appoint a new manager or interim like Kmac and we still go down? What would we do then? Booo them as well?

No, what would be the point of that?

The damage would already have been done by McLeish over the course of the season.

No Villa fan in their right mind would boo Kevin MacDonald or anyone else who held the reins for 2 games no matter what the outcome.

I think all we're doing here guys is looking to get to 1000 pages quicker than anticipated. There is no truth in anything that is being said at the moment as far as these rumours are concerned. The only thing that is correct is that - McLeish isn't a very good manager. Sadly, we are stuck with him.

Just posted this on the Evening Mail website....

However anyone dresses it up Alex McLeish is a poor manager. Last season Blues had a decent squad and he took them down. This season with arguably a better squad he is doing precisely the same. Poor tactics, no Plan B or C or D, poor substitutions, boring football, rubbish dealings in the transfer market and a complete failure to accept any responsibility.

The media love to bang on about how Villa fans have never accepted him because he managed Birmingham. That is just rubbish. Villa fans have never accepted hime because he is a second rate manager with a poor overall record. Just why Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner recruited him is beyond me and virtually all Villa fans. Worse still they tried to dress it up as some sort or coup.

What we failed to notice or realise is that Randy Lerner has a track record as being a rubbish owner of the Cleveland Browns who are so poor in the NFL its a joke. In our enthusiasm for getting rid of Doug Ellis we happily jumped into bed with probably an even worse owner. If I could sum up Randy Lerner in one word it would be clueless.

Alex McLeish is a disaster as a manager and the quicker he pulls the trigger the better. I suspect the driver for Randy Lerner is that it has finally dawned on him that fans are voting with their wallets. I literally know no one, including myself, who are renewing their season tickets. Add that to the 6,000 decline in gates this season which is 8,000 less than two years ago.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2012/04/29/aston-villa-boss-alex-mcleish-almost-certain-to-go-at-end-of-season-97319-30864510/#ixzz1tT2LoZPo

Someone on H&V just said one of their mates said MM said McLeish has gone. :lol:

Anyone know anything about this?

Anymore than two 'said's in a sentence and I automatically don't believe it! :)

I actually am beginning to get the feeling that since Bolton it has almost become inevitable, but that nothing will be announced until the season closes.

He's probably been told as much, but will get a better severance package if a) he keeps us up and B) he keeps his mouth shut.

Just posted this on the Evening Mail website....

However anyone dresses it up Alex McLeish is a poor manager. Last season Blues had a decent squad and he took them down. This season with arguably a better squad he is doing precisely the same. Poor tactics, no Plan B or C or D, poor substitutions, boring football, rubbish dealings in the transfer market and a complete failure to accept any responsibility.

The media love to bang on about how Villa fans have never accepted him because he managed Birmingham. That is just rubbish. Villa fans have never accepted hime because he is a second rate manager with a poor overall record. Just why Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner recruited him is beyond me and virtually all Villa fans. Worse still they tried to dress it up as some sort or coup.

What we failed to notice or realise is that Randy Lerner has a track record as being a rubbish owner of the Cleveland Browns who are so poor in the NFL its a joke. In our enthusiasm for getting rid of Doug Ellis we happily jumped into bed with probably an even worse owner. If I could sum up Randy Lerner in one word it would be clueless.

Alex McLeish is a disaster as a manager and the quicker he pulls the trigger the better. I suspect the driver for Randy Lerner is that it has finally dawned on him that fans are voting with their wallets. I literally know no one, including myself, who are renewing their season tickets. Add that to the 6,000 decline in gates this season which is 8,000 less than two years ago.

You should have proof read it first.

As much as I want McLeish to go, sacking him at this point wouldn't make much sense but considering his appointment made just as much sense, I'm feeling optimistic but I'm not getting my hopes up, nothing good ever happens on a Monday.

Â