The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Alex Mcleish is so bad it is actually quite funny. We havent been thrashed yet, but some of the performances are disgusting. At least we have had comedy value this season.

The reason why we haven't been thrashed yet is down to AM/PG type football. They don't send a team out to attack, so we are set up for damage limitation and hopefully a draw with the possibility of snatching a win from set pieces.

It's how Birmingham played after Peter Grant joined them, and it was a key reason why they got relegated, according to my Bluenose season ticket holding mates.

I'd say losing 4 - 2 at home is a thrashing

We even allowed Torres to break his goal scoring duck in the 90th min ffs

Is it true that before this he hadn't scored in 6 months of PL football?

4-2 is not a thrashing, it is only a 2 goal margin. It is effectively the same as a 2-0 defeat. For me a thrashing is a 4 goal margin difference or more. That is always how I looked at it.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Mcleish is so bad it is actually quite funny. We havent been thrashed yet, but some of the performances are disgusting. At least we have had comedy value this season.

It aint funny when you're paying £40 a go to watch that shite.

Amen to that. Charging fans £40 to watch a game of "keep the score down" is abysmal.

The reason why we haven't been thrashed yet is down to AM/PG type football. They don't send a team out to attack, so we are set up for damage limitation and hopefully a draw with the possibility of snatching a win from set pieces.

It's how Birmingham played after Peter Grant joined them, and it was a key reason why they got relegated, according to my Bluenose season ticket holding mates.

I'd say losing 4 - 2 at home is a thrashing

We even allowed Torres to break his goal scoring duck in the 90th min ffs

Is it true that before this he hadn't scored in 6 months of PL football?

4-2 is not a thrashing, it is only a 2 goal margin. It is effectively the same as a 2-0 defeat. For me a thrashing is a 4 goal margin difference or more. That is always how I looked at it.

True, but Chelsea should have smashed us. If they actually tried they could have stuck 5 or 6 past us on Saturday. The fact that they didn't really need to try until it somehow went to 2-2 is another depressing fact altogether.

Can't wait til he's not our manager anymore.

i wouldnt say it was a thrashing either, they never really got out of second gear

a thrashing to me suggests a high score margin, a battering suggests that for 90 minutes you played them off the park, i wouldnt say chelsea did either of those, other than the 4 goals they only created 2 other chances iirc and didnt have much more of the ball than we did

id describe it as an extremely comfortable game that they almost threw away

didnt mcleish describe it as "lucky"?

i wouldnt say it was a thrashing either, they never really got out of second gear

a thrashing to me suggests a high score margin, a battering suggests that for 90 minutes you played them off the park, i wouldnt say chelsea did either of those, other than the 4 goals they only created 2 other chances iirc and didnt have much more of the ball than we did

id describe it as an extremely comfortable game that they almost threw away

didnt mcleish describe it as "lucky"?

He said something like that. I dont pay attention to that clown anymore. The worse manager in the premiership, and I include Connor in that.

I bet McLeish is shitting himself at the moment. If he were to lead two Midlands clubs to two consecutive relegations, his CV isn't going to look too clever, and I bet there aren't many owners who are as dense as Lerner and employ him again.

to be fair the torres goal was down to us actually sending too many men forward so its ahrd to complain on that basis, add to that one of those moments in football that you just wish some cynical bastard on your team had the nous to take the yellow card, iirc it was a clearly knackered gary gardner chasing back, he should have booted the chelsea player in the air on the half way line, but he's young and even the ebst and most experienced players dont do it

I bet McLeish is shitting himself at the moment. If he were to lead two Midlands clubs to two consecutive relegations, his CV isn't going to look too clever, and I bet there aren't many owners who are as dense as Lerner and employ him again.

it'll read 3 relegations in 4 years

but it was because of injuries / lack of funds / poor ref decisions / fans not backing him

**** knows where you'd go to rebuild that reputation

his cv looked shit before we appointed him

relegated with hibs

took motherwell from 2nd into 2 relegation battles

3rd with rangers

longest ever winless streak with rangers in spl

longest ever losing streak in old frim derbies

relegated with birmingham twice

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

Jesus wept. Thats hideous.

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

at least he plays free flowing attacking football like the dutch :lol:

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

Well worth 2 mill a year....

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

That is just such a stupidly distorted summary of his career, I really don't know why people bother to post stuff like this.

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

That is just such a stupidly distorted summary of his career, I really don't know why people bother to post stuff like this.

Because people read it and take it at face value. It doesn't matter how many times people list his successes, he is so widely hated that it makes no difference at all.

Â