The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It will be the single most inept piece of management in league history if McLeish manages to take us down this season. Our form is so worrying at the moment and what with Petrov (get well soon Stan) and injuries, I really fear for us.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually see Mcleish getting away with this. He relegates us, bemoans about injury's and bad luck etc and then keeps the job because he took Birmingham back up.

He has had injury's/bad luck but the fact is these didn't come until later in the season. We had a team including Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent, Petrov, Gabby. Way better than the teams around us but he still got us in the shite. Unforgivable and inexcusable.

This is some Jeremy Beadle shit right here.

I think people are under the illusion that we still have some top quality players within our squad. We haven't.

Ireland=Good at City but how long ago was that and although his performances for us have improved is he a quality player. Not now!

N'Zogbia=Stood out in a very poor Wigan team that has continually flirted with relegation which as we have found out doesn't make you a quality player.

Gabby= Has always been very inconsistant and whether its due to injuries or not he really hasn't performed for some time now. Top quality, no!

Bent= A very good forward but very rarely makes a goal for himself and relies heavily on decent crosses which obviously haven't been there this season.

Finally Stan. Top man and a fantastic ambassador for our club but top player, no. One reason why we have struggled in midfield for several seasons now.

So anyone thinking that we have players 'way better than the teams around us' are simply deluding themselves. We have sold our quality players and are left with a bottom half squad which are performing to their abilities.

So anyone thinking that we have players 'way better than the teams around us' are simply deluding themselves. We have sold our quality players and are left with a bottom half squad which are performing to their abilities.

I think that's one hell of an assumption to excuse the shit Mcleish has served up this season.

I think people are under the illusion that we still have some top quality players within our squad. We haven't.

Ireland=Good at City but how long ago was that and although his performances for us have improved is he a quality player. Not now!

N'Zogbia=Stood out in a very poor Wigan team that has continually flirted with relegation which as we have found out doesn't make you a quality player.

Gabby= Has always been very inconsistant and whether its due to injuries or not he really hasn't performed for some time now. Top quality, no!

Bent= A very good forward but very rarely makes a goal for himself and relies heavily on decent crosses which obviously haven't been there this season.

Finally Stan. Top man and a fantastic ambassador for our club but top player, no. One reason why we have struggled in midfield for several seasons now.

Looking around at our team against Chelsea and then looking at the subs bench there isn't really anyone that is currently fit and able to play that fills me full of inspiration and suggests to me that we have a better team than Bolton, Blackburn, QPR and Wigan.

These 4 teams probably have more of a goal threat than we do because our most experienced (and allegedly best forward) Gabby doesn't look like he could score in a brothel at the moment and the rest are just inexperienced kids.

The return of N'Zogbia, whenever that is likely to be, is about the only thing that might just help us to score more goals than the opposition but even that is clutching at straws with fingers crossed and a rabbit's foot in my pocket.

It's just clicked...

We have been shit ever since James Milner left....

Think about it... How well did we play in that first game against West Ham... Then the following week after he had left, we lost 6-0.

COME BACK JAMES!!!!!

Just watching match of the day. Strangely McLeish is not in for LMA manager of the season.

morpheus, please don't try and excuse McLeish blaming the players. They might not be top 6 quality at the moment, but they certainly aren't relegation material.

Problem is no player will ever improve under Mcleish and that's a big worry!

You're confusing "quality" with "form". We've plenty of players who have been off form and who have had a frustrating season. Don't forget that with Young and Downing in the side last year we had just as frustrating a time.

We have players who are quality but are low on confidence and form. Support them and encourage them - it will work wonders.

You're confusing "quality" with "form". We've plenty of players who have been off form and who have had a frustrating season. Don't forget that with Young and Downing in the side last year we had just as frustrating a time.

We have players who are quality but are low on confidence and form. Support them and encourage them - it will work wonders.

The players do get support and encouragement, it is the manager that is the main focus of anger and frustration before, during and after games.

I read earlier that you were related to Ron Saunders, IMO the greatest manager Villa have ever had. Now I am absolutely sure that he inputed greatly to the support and encouragement of players and it was just supplemented by the vocals of the fans on match days.

There is only so much we can do as supporters to get the team motivated and fired up for games. The real mastermind behind a successful team is the team manager.

You're right, we no longer have a 6th place squad challenging for Europe.

However, looking at the teams above us in the bottom half and compare them to ours, they are the same sort of level.

Relegation fodder? Not a chance.

I can actually see Mcleish getting away with this. He relegates us, bemoans about injury's and bad luck etc and then keeps the job because he took Birmingham back up.

He has had injury's/bad luck but the fact is these didn't come until later in the season. We had a team including Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent, Petrov, Gabby. Way better than the teams around us but he still got us in the shite. Unforgivable and inexcusable.

This is some Jeremy Beadle shit right here.

This is turning into my worst football nightmare.

Welcome to the 700th page of dislike, discontent, dissatisfaction, depression and defence.

Watch us get done by Liverpool by 2 or 3 goals...even though they are getting beat by all and sundry at the minute!!!

Hope Im wrong though...

You should have realised by now that we are the best team to play when you have a barren spell re, goals, losses, players, records etc. dont know why but we just always have.

I appreciate there could potentially be severe financial repercussions, but from a purely footballing perspective, I'm not that bothered if we go down. For the record, I don't want us to, but I have never seen Villa finish lower than 16th or higher than 6th in my entire life (at least not in memory).

The Football League has its perks in my opinion from a fans perspective and we might actually win something! All I'm saying is, honestly, I think I'd probably enjoy watching Villa more if we were high up in the league below than our current situation.

It would also probably phase out a number of people that sit around me who I genuinely think are happy to pay £500 a year to have an excuse to lament their life problems in the open, only through the code of "Given you can't catch a cold" and "I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."

"I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."
People have been calling for McNeill?

In all seriousness, I can't see that much benefit from going down. If McLeish was still managing us in the Championship well that would just be the nightmare to end all nightmares.

"I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."
People have been calling for McNeill?

In all seriousness, I can't see that much benefit from going down. If McLeish was still managing us in the Championship well that would just be the nightmare to end all nightmares.

Well, you get my point anyway haha.

And yes, it would just be tragic, but if that happened they'd be a riot - if we went down and McLeish wasn't sacked IMMEDIATELY it'd be the end of any support Lerner has from the fans.

Add to that the money it'll cost to sack him and I fear you could be right.

Just looking at the Swansea line up and there's a lot of similarities in the type of players they have and ours.

McLeish is on record, recently, saying we don't have the players to play like Swansea. He said he can't tell our players to be comfortable in possession as they don't have the ability (I'm paraphrasing). I believe his "tactics" will never produce a side that plays decent football. He is the problem.

Lets be fair. The Swansea 'way' was put in place YEARS ago. At every level they play that way it's done.

You can't just turn that on overnight. It takes a big decision to be made from top to bottom of the club and years of work. Do you think our supporter base would have the patience to build a new style of team ?

I don't.

That all depends how the message is communicated.

I would suggest the older of us would see what was trying to happen and get behind an evoluiton that could fundamentally change the way the club approaches the game.

Will it stop those who come on here filled with anger after each defeat, of course it will not.

I appreciate there could potentially be severe financial repercussions, but from a purely footballing perspective, I'm not that bothered if we go down. For the record, I don't want us to, but I have never seen Villa finish lower than 16th or higher than 6th in my entire life (at least not in memory).

The Football League has its perks in my opinion from a fans perspective and we might actually win something! All I'm saying is, honestly, I think I'd probably enjoy watching Villa more if we were high up in the league below than our current situation.

It would also probably phase out a number of people that sit around me who I genuinely think are happy to pay £500 a year to have an excuse to lament their life problems in the open, only through the code of "Given you can't catch a cold" and "I wish (*insert equally shit manager to our current one*) was still in charge."

I'm sure fans of Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Leeds and Coventry would tell you that life outside the Premier League is not such a good time.

Â