The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swansea are above us

Norwich are above us

Sunderland defeated Stoke away (it was a cup final for the pro defensive people when we drew 0-0)

Wolves defeated QPR away (it was a cup final for the pro defensive people when we drew 2-2 at HOME)

8 points away from relegation (McLeish is shit in the league at the last third of the season)

We've yet to play top 7 teams in the second half of the season

The people who make excuses for him and actually think he's doing a good job:

rofl.gif

Just watched Swansea beat Albion at the Hawthorns. Swansea are Arsenal with 'L' plates.

Brendan Rogers has got them playing good football. We should have interviewed and appointed him in the summer not some bloke who had just been relegated for the second time in four seasons.

Sunderland winning again really rubs salt into the wounds.

Wolves winning at QPR rubs even more salt into the wounds.

We are gradually sliding down the table (yes I know we don't play until Sunday).

my son who is 8 has more intelliegence

Oh the irony.

yes it would be , however using a mobile telephone and being a man who doesnt have fingers like a small child, typos can happen.

if i could be bothered hunting through every one of your posts im sure there would be some in there, then if i could be bothered i could quote what you have put and put your mistakes in, but i have more of a life than that.

im glad such an irelevant spelling mistake amused you quite so much, life really must be dull eh?

It amused me considering the context of your post. I'm sure you have better things to do though, like insulting other user's intelligence with hilariously ironic consequences or defending and justifying your poor spelling and grammar on a football forum.

I'd hate to think what the pro defensive of McLeish would be like if he did as good as Pardew. They would die of excitement, literally. It's embarassing people make excuses of a manager who pick up 1 win every 4 league games per average and always set us up not to lose.

When people defend AM from unwarranted abuse they are branded as having some sort of great affinity for him, and even as put by one poster perceiving him as a messiah. The immaturity is astounding.

ain't nothing like a bit of exaggeration to keep this site alive.

its cut its teeth on it.

Just watched Swansea beat Albion at the Hawthorns. Swansea are Arsenal with 'L' plates.

Brendan Rogers has got them playing good football. We should have interviewed and appointed him in the summer not some bloke who had just been relegated for the second time in four seasons.

Swansea is ahead of us in every aspect on the pitch and i'm not even joking..

I'd hate to think what the pro defensive of McLeish would be like if he did as good as Pardew. They would die of excitement, literally. It's embarassing people make excuses of a manager who pick up 1 win every 4 league games per average and always set us up not to lose.

When people defend AM from unwarranted abuse they are branded as having some sort of great affinity for him, and even as put by one poster perceiving him as a messiah. The immaturity is astounding.

Yep. It's pretty much groundhog day with certain posters.

Yes Brendan Rodgers didn't make Swansea, he is just a small component of their success. If he came here he'd have the same issues Houlllier did trying to get us to play football.

At Swansea it started off with Jackett right down the bottom end and they've built it up with Martinez, Sousa and now Rodgers. They have had the luxury of being in a position where they build it from the bottom, and any Premier League side trying to copy their model would dramatically fail unless they had a large supply of money. But then at the same time they would need time for all the players to gel into the specific style, just look at Man City they want to play amazing football but I'd say they are efficient more than anything. Chelsea are another side who want to change their ways but are really struggling despite a wealth of footballing talent made available to them.

We need to create our own structure and style, not copy Swansea or even try and take components of their success as it's like trying to put the wrong parts into the wrong car.

Do we have a structure and blueprint laid out? I doubt it but this has been mentioned many times before. It's a shame though as we have an excellent youth academy who could really reap the benefits from management top down. If anything I'd say our youth setup is the one area of our club who has a plan as to what it is doing, this is especially apparent when you watch the football the younger lads play albeit at a weaker level.

Swansea are above us

Norwich are above us

Sunderland defeated Stoke away (it was a cup final for the pro defensive people when we drew 0-0)

Wolves defeated QPR away (it was a cup final for the pro defensive people when we drew 2-2 at HOME)

8 points away from relegation (McLeish is shit in the league at the last third of the season)

rofl.gif

Yawn.

If we beat Newcastle tomorrow we go above Swansea and are a point behind Norwich. It's really pointless comparing league positions right now. Might as well save it for May.

Swansea are above us

Norwich are above us

rofl.gif

Yawn.

If we beat Newcastle tomorrow we go above Swansea and are a point behind Norwich. It's really pointless comparing league positions right now. Might as well save it for May.

And then we'll be told that it was always another transitional season and we should wait until next May and then that it was a season for the new players to settle and we should wait till the next May and then that we should not be too worried as we are on the right path, we'll wait till the next May.

Swansea are above us

Norwich are above us

rofl.gif

Yawn.

Thats one very big "If" you got there. "if" we win most of our remaining matches we will be more than just fine too

The past two seasons have been a roller coaster for us. I'm still hopeful that we can move up the table and I'm trying to look at the few positives we've seen this season under McLeish. Hopefully we can reach 42 pts sooner than later! At that point, I'd love to see our reserves in the starting formations. We've got a lot of young talent and they would give us something to cheer about regardless of the score lines! UTV!!!

Yes Brendan Rodgers didn't make Swansea, he is just a small component of their success. If he came here he'd have the same issues Houlllier did trying to get us to play football.

At Swansea it started off with Jackett right down the bottom end and they've built it up with Martinez, Sousa and now Rodgers. They have had the luxury of being in a position where they build it from the bottom, and any Premier League side trying to copy their model would dramatically fail unless they had a large supply of money. But then at the same time they would need time for all the players to gel into the specific style, just look at Man City they want to play amazing football but I'd say they are efficient more than anything. Chelsea are another side who want to change their ways but are really struggling despite a wealth of footballing talent made available to them.

We need to create our own structure and style, not copy Swansea or even try and take components of their success as it's like trying to put the wrong parts into the wrong car.

Do we have a structure and blueprint laid out? I doubt it but this has been mentioned many times before. It's a shame though as we have an excellent youth academy who could really reap the benefits from management top down. If anything I'd say our youth setup is the one area of our club who has a plan as to what it is doing, this is especially apparent when you watch the football the younger lads play albeit at a weaker level.

This is exactly what we need. But our fans are far far too impatient to see the whole process work out, as it will get worse before it gets better. GH was quite obviously trying to change things and a lot of fans wanted him out after about half a season. Maybe he tried too much too soon, but I still think any manager that walks into Villa Park not getting instant results will be in for a hard time, no matter what's happening behind the scenes. Which is tragic really because IMO, it's the only way to bring relative success again without a huge investment.

Swansea is ahead of us in every aspect on the pitch and i'm not even joking..

to be fair i would have been spitting chips and i guess so would loads of others if rogers had been appointed.

i know some were championing the likes of poyet or lambert but again, at the time the favourite was mr average, mark hughes.

it is easy to look at some of the managers now half way through the season and say we should have appointed them.

mind you the one 90% of fans knew not to appoint ... we did.

doh!

there were several top managers available in the summer , we didnt get one of them, or an up and coming young talent, we asked about the wigan manager, got told he would not be leaving and then imploded.

Basically unless we get Jose the majority of the villa support wont be Overjoyed. Fact.

Just look when Pardew was mentioned last time. So many people see that as some sort of option to say "look how well he is doing there"

But if he'd even been interviewed here this forum would have altered its style sheet tO include pitchforks and **** tOrches.

McLeish may not be the answer but let's be honest neither is a massive gamble.

Oh and by the way Jol who many wanted is currently a point behind us and we have a game in hand.

So as I mentioned unless we get some epic top draw manager who offers their own pull for players and gets the best out of a team like Jose, what's the point in sacking Eck for someone who may be just as average in terms of results?

Anyone with football knowledge..........

This one never fails to please, its basically saying if you dont agree with my opinion you know nothing about football.

Why dont you repeat some of this fabulous football knowledge that you have acquired with regards to what you thought of Ireland and Keane.

and if you put the quote with the rest of what was siad... oh wait you wont do that because your trying to delliberately take it out of context

wow

what sort of idiot would do tha... oh i see.

taking snippets of a post and pretending they are something else is all you can come up with

truelly pathetic, cant answer any basic questions and has to resort to trying to cut and paste bits of a post.

my son who is 8 has more intelliegence when trying to put forward a reason for his thoughts then trying to lie.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

sums it up really

Just logged on and see this, how pleasant. Fairly sure its against guidelines.

Just so you can understand, and I know this might be tricky so perhaps ask your son, I was just commenting on that particular phrase not his post as a whole.

Oh and if you blame the use of your phone on your spelling perhaps you ought to take more note of the predictive facility then it will stop you spelling truly incorrectly as well. Incidentally my 3 year old daughter has no problems spelling that word so I guess she has even more 'intelliegence' :bonk:

I had no preconceptions with Mcleish but feared for him at a Club where even MON wasn't enough for some. And I have to say I think he was turning us into a laughing stock. However surely recent weeks have seen an improvement, and some good football - not all the time, but that goes for most sides. Surely, regardless of exactly who we have done ok against [and yes there have been 10 men and Clubs with poor records] it is a good thing? If he can build on the good bits we might get somewhere....and surely we all want that? It just is possible that it may work-atleast lets all sound like we want it to! Perhaps it's just taken him a while to adjust to managing a Big club.....

This is exactly what we need. But our fans are far far too impatient to see the whole process work out, as it will get worse before it gets better. GH was quite obviously trying to change things and a lot of fans wanted him out after about half a season. Maybe he tried too much too soon, but I still think any manager that walks into Villa Park not getting instant results will be in for a hard time, no matter what's happening behind the scenes. Which is tragic really because IMO, it's the only way to bring relative success again without a huge investment.

I don't want to rehash on GH, but I think you'll find that people had many reasons for not liking GH. Like his attitude at Liverpool, the squad he sent out against Man City in the FA cup, belittling Ireland in the press, overseeing our worst injury crisis in PL times, getting Dunne and Collins offside and even dropping Warnock.

I don't disagree that he was trying to change our style - the fact that our possession percentages generally went up compared to the season before is testament to that - but dismissing fans as simply "being impatient" is wide of the mark.

Swansea are above us

Norwich are above us

rofl.gif

Yawn.

Yawn, yep, we are really punching above our weight.

The worrying thing is that people are now thinking that this is where we belong! The club needs a massive overhaul in the summer, from CEO down and unless that happens we have nothing but mediocrity to look forward to, aspiring to be like Stoke or Fulham.

VillaAlex, I agree with your post. Swansea have taken time to get to where they are, but we need to look at adopting a similar approach as we cannot compete financially. That is why categorically McLeish is not the man for the job, no pedigree of undertaking this type of project.

Â