The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So do you rate McLeish a better manager than Martin Jol?

I have not said McLeish is a better manager than MON, all I suggested is that he could of done a job just as good or bad (depending on how you see it) in those 3 seasons.

Remind me what honours Megson and McCarthy have won?

Look, McLeish is not great by any means, but he is working the graveyard shift at the moment, he has made some mistakes but so the **** did MON, and MON had a lot less excuses...in fact what are his excuses in failing?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rmber when Birmingham had an open top bus for finishing 2nd in championship?

Do you know who actually won it that season?

Ah yes it was Mick McCarthy.

How many times did Mcleish get Scotland to a world cup ?

Oh thats right he never did.

As Mick got Ireland qualified and only knocked out by Spain in the second round on penalties in 2002.

Mick McCarthy does also factually have more "Premiership experience" than McLeish.

Last season alone proved he was better manager as kept Wolves up with far far far less resources than McLeish had at Birmingham and never has sides playing McLeishs antifootball.

I hope McLeish does well but he is an awful manager lets not kid ourselves or least has an awful record and is on par with likes of Gary Megson.

That is how stupid the decision was to appoint him.

Rmber when Birmingham had an open top bus for finishing 2nd in championship?

Do you know who actually won it that season?

Ah yes it was Mick McCarthy.

How many times did Mcleish get Scotland to a world cup ?

Oh thats right he never did.

As Mick got Ireland qualified and only knocked out by Spain in the second round on penalties in 2002.

Mick McCarthy does also factually have more "Premiership experience" than McLeish.

Last season alone proved he was better manager as kept Wolves up with far far far less resources than McLeish had at Birmingham and never has sides playing McLeishs antifootball.

I hope McLeish does well but he is an awful manager lets not kid ourselves or least has an awful record and is on par with likes of Gary Megson.

That is how stupid the decision was to appoint him.

if you like gary megson so much why don't you just marry him?

I don't think he does shit anti-football.

We play very attacking at times. There are just sections of games where we seem to pass the ball around the middle of the park aimlessley then lose it.

I don't think he does shit anti-football.

We play very attacking at times. There are just sections of games where we seem to pass the ball around the middle of the park aimlessley then lose it.

Those times are called 'first halfs'. On the bonus side we do start to play attacking football once we are behind.

The comparison between McLeish and Mick McCarthy is irrelevant. They are both shit. Resources or not resources, championship wins or not. Both shit. End of. Wouldn't want either at Villa, unfortunately, Randy see's something in McLeish that many of us don't.

Oh the SPL - the league McLeish managed Rangers to finish THIRD in ...

McLeish is a Gary Megson .

Youre being silly and frankly just utterly stupid trying to pretend McLeish is somehow on par with MON .

Hmm really ??

What about judging them on their English success ? I think it's one trophy each, they both took unfancied teams to league cup glory.

Praise MON all that you want, but at least recognize tat there are parallels between his and McLeish's records.

Oh, and by the way you're being silly and utterly stupid if you don't agree with me :)

A few things:

-Mcleish has been negative in some games, but is now getting us to play better football. Anti-football is just not true.

-The main reason we're struggling to be consistent and win games this season is because we've sold our best players.

-Yes, some guys like Hutton have underperformed, but could improve in time.

-NZogbia will end up money well spent once he has a full season under his belt.

I'm no McLeish fan, but I'm certainly not a fan of hyperbolic comment of the like that I read on here on an almost daily basis.

Oh the SPL - the league McLeish managed Rangers to finish THIRD in ...

McLeish is a Gary Megson .

Youre being silly and frankly just utterly stupid trying to pretend McLeish is somehow on par with MON .

Hmm really ??

What about judging them on their English success ? I think it's one trophy each, they both took unfancied teams to league cup glory.

Praise MON all that you want, but at least recognize tat there are parallels between his and McLeish's records.

Oh, and by the way you're being silly and utterly stupid if you don't agree with me :)

First off no MON did not win one trophy in England.

He won 2 league cups with Leicester not one.

He also had Leicester promoted - finishing in the top 10 year after year - no mean feat consideroing the limited resources he had .

Unlike our relegation expert McLeish who would be managing in the championship or unemployed if it wasn't for our stupid board.

Also in case it needs pointing out yet again MON is currently managing at present in the Premiership if you hadn't noticed and has won more games in 2 months than McLeish has done all season and is sitting 8th in the league.

We all hope McLeish does well here but it is indeed utterly stupid to pretend McLeish is on anywere near as good or on par as manager.

Just to boringly point it out yet again :-

McLeish here has won 6 games in 23.

MON at Sunderland has won 7 in 11.

So yes you are indeed stupid.

starting to right piss me off that people suggest I (general) do not like him because he is from the sty.

I don't like his shit anti football. Amongst other things NOT related to his time at the filth.

You may have your reasons for not liking McLeish, but I find it hard to believe it is because of his shit anti-football.

In our last three away games we have scored eight goals. He has introduced Keane and has started to get the best out of Ireland. Against QPR we played some great attacking football.

Like most Villa fans I was shocked and disappointed when he was appointed, but I have got over it and moved on. I support the club and he is our manager so he gets my support.

I was worried when MON was here that he was leading us to a state of financial ruin. If he had continued his crazy spending and wage structure Villa were in danger of doing a Leeds or Portsmouth.

McLeish has had the balls to take on the job when others wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. He has tried to cut the wage bill, lost his two best players and has given our young players a chance to establish themselves.

I think its about time people on here got off his back and support him because given the resources at his disposal I think he is laying the foundations for a brighter future. We need stability and we are not going to acheive this if we have yet another change of manager.

McLeish here has won 6 games in 23.

MON at Sunderland has won 7 in 11.

You should put that on a flag.

When you have posters claiming McLeish is a better manager or equal to MON within a stupid hypothetical level rather than facts- well - yes - It is unfortunate that certain FACTS have to be repeated i agree - rather than retarded imaginary ones and wishful thinking.

Â