The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Back slightly on topic...the apparent problems with McLeish, in order:

1. He used to manage at he sty

2. He is not Martin O'Neill

3. He is 'ginger'

4. One of his signings is Alan Hutton

5. When we win at Wolves, it is down to the players

6. When we lose at Arsenal, it is down to the manager

It takes a tough man to accept all of this shit and carry on with the job. Fortunately, he is tough. If his ambition is to see a Villa side playing decent football, after the years of dross that we have endured, then i am happy that he as that toughness.

oddly all those things seem to only be coming from supporters of G C.

normal people with any interest in football , the order is probably more like

1. plays negative anti football

2. has a proven track record of failure

3. has had 8 months in charge at aston villa and has not improved either results or performances in that time barring the off hiccup.

4. shows no tactical or football sense and relies on a system which while successful in lower leagues and probably 30 years ago in the top flight, is shown to be unsuccessful in the sort and long term.

5. having such a negative effect on the club, fans are staying away due to all of the above which then also effects how much the club can earn

but let the supporters of G C carry on with their magical myths as to why the majority of fans want him out.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres a brave thing to say on here and no doubt be shot down in flames, but I reckon AMc would of done no worse than MONs last 3 years at Villa with the same money against the same league backdrop, ie pre Man City cash really kicking in.

3 consecutive 6th places and zero silverware, with over 100m, yeah I reckon quite a few could of achieved that (if not better) including our beloved Alex McLeish. Tin hat on.

Oh the old MON chestnut

MON has won more games at painfully average Sunderland in 2 and half months than McLeish has managed all season.

MON 7 wins in 11 games

McLeish 6 wins in 23 games .... :oops:

You may as well make that your sig since you love posting it so much.

i might well make it my sig.

Although i think my current sig is as appropriate and very apt for the time being - don't you think?

Ok heres a brave thing to say on here and no doubt be shot down in flames, but I reckon AMc would of done no worse than MONs last 3 years at Villa with the same money against the same league backdrop, ie pre Man City cash really kicking in.

3 consecutive 6th places and zero silverware, with over 100m, yeah I reckon quite a few could have achieved that (if not better) including our beloved Alex McLeish. Tin hat on.

:crylaugh:

Riiight so that is why MON has won 7 games in 11 at Sunderland in 2 and half months.

Whilst meahwhile McLeish has managed 6 wins in 23 games all season despite having a better squad and whole summer to sign his own players.

3 consecutive 6th places and zero silverware, with over 100m, yeah I reckon quite a few could have achieved that (if not better) including our beloved Alex McLeish. Tin hat on.

Riiight so that is why MON has won 7 games in 11 at Sunderland in 2 and half months.

Whilst meahwhile McLeish has managed 6 wins in 23 games all season despite having a better squad and whole summer to sign his own players.

Not really read my post have you. But yeah pretty much the response I expected.

The point I am making is that MON has been made out to be messiah whilst at Villa. Yes he was successful for us. But I am suggesting that it was in a 'window' of great opportunity. Massive backing, with the Sky 4 starting to wobble, there was room for a new boy, it could and probably should of been Villa. I think he blew the one chance we had where others may of been a bit less 'this is the Martin O'Neil show' and more lets get Villa back into the English elite.

Not a dig at MON, just making a different point/argument to the one banged out so many times on here.

sunderland spent a lot of money in the summer, a lot of people were tipping bruce to push for a european place after the signings he made. some of which were players touted on here as players we would want. we all know the MON effect, and it's fine till the bubble bursts. he was a great manager for us till he bailed on us and left us in the shit he had made.

AM will be given more time, and there are signs of improvement. so all the continuos bitching about AM out and lerner out (WTF) is useless, wasted energy. personally he wouldn't have been my choice, but the football away at chelsea and especially the last game was very good. will you all still be so hostile if we play like that for the next 10 games?

The point I am making is that MON has been made out to be messiah whilst at Villa. Yes he was successful for us. But I am suggesting that it was in a 'window' of great opportunity. Massive backing, with the Sky 4 starting to wobble, there was room for a new boy, it could and probably should of been Villa. I think he blew the one chance we had where others may of been a bit less 'this is the Martin O'Neil show' and more lets get Villa back into the English elite.

Not a dig at MON, just making a different point/argument to the one banged out so many times on here.

MON had faults and yes he did blow a great chance for the top 4 in the 2008-09 season.

But after that the squad was stripped apart by our board.

You said that McLeish would have done just as good job.

Based on what??

MON had pedigree as a Premiership manager from his time at Leicester before he joined us.

McLeish has only record of Premiership failure.

What on earth makes you think he would have done as well as MON?

Nevermind talking about hypotheticals the FACT is MON is currently doing a better job at Sunderland than McLeish is doing here.

7 wins in 11 games

compared to 6 wins in 23 games ! :oops:

Anyone with football knowledge..........

This one never fails to please, its basically saying if you dont agree with my opinion you know nothing about football.

Why dont you repeat some of this fabulous football knowledge that you have acquired with regards to what you thought of Ireland and Keane.

3. He is 'ginger'

It takes a tough man to accept all of this shit and carry on with the job. Fortunately, he is tough. If his ambition is to see a Villa side playing decent football, after the years of dross that we have endured, then i am happy that he as that toughness.

Do you think that is putting words into mouths of those who do not rate Mcleish and totally ignoring the justified reasons why he does not get total supprt from those people in an attempt to try and ridicule their argument so that it looks less justified and thus support your own viewpoint?

See I do not rate Mcleiish at all and want him out and I can honestly say that none of the reasons you have listed is on my list for feeling that. I would respectfully suggest that that probably applies to the majority of people who do not rate Mcleish

3. He is 'ginger'

oddly all those things seem to only be coming from supporters of G C.

normal people with any interest in football , the order is probably more like

3. has had 8 months in charge at aston villa and has not improved either results or performances in that time barring the off hiccup.

4. shows no tactical or football sense and relies on a system which while successful in lower leagues and probably 30 years ago in the top flight, is shown to be unsuccessful in the sort and long term.

5. having such a negative effect on the club, fans are staying away due to all of the above which then also effects how much the club can earn

but let the supporters of G C carry on with their magical myths as to why the majority of fans want him out.

Just to be clear, i am not a 'supporter' of McLeish in the sense that you put it. I do not dislike him, as i did the two 'O's, but i supported them as manager of Aston Villa, and i support McLeish the same.

People feel the need to go on about Birmingham City and Martin O'Neill, in both the past and present. I have no interest in either. My only interest is Aston Villa and supporting the people who are trying to make it better.

People feel the need to go on about Birmingham City and Martin O'Neill, in both the past and present. I have no interest in either. My only interest is Aston Villa and supporting the people who are trying to make it better.

Yet mentioned both as two, as far as I can see, ficticious reasons for people not wanting Mcleish and at worst perpetuated the discussions on both. Strange

MON had faults and yes he did blow a great chance for the top 4 in the 2008-09 season.

But after that the squad was stripped apart by our board.

You said that McLeish would have done just as good job.

Based on what??

MON had pedigree as a Premiership manager from his time at Leicester before he joined us.

McLeish has only record of Premiership failure.

What on earth makes you think he would have done as well as MON?

Nevermind talking about hypotheticals the FACT is MON is currently doing a better job at Sunderland than McLeish is doing here.

7 wins in 11 games

compared to 6 wins in 23 games ! :oops:

You love that stat dont you, points to game ratio for McLeish is probably more relevant but nevermind.

Premiership pedigree with Leicester, 13 years ago, again against a very different league backdrop. The league pretty much was a 2 horse race then, if that. So if he was that good why was he not finishing top 6? Limited funds?

Now in a league that the top 6 is much more competitive, who is that manager who has limited funds...Alex something?

MON had a brilliant opportunity and he blew it...FACT (thats another phrase thats banged out on her so often, so I thought I would use it), McLeish has never had that budget, so who knows what he could of done in that window of opportunity. I think its unfair to base it purely on previous Prem experience unless it is like for like.

SPL pedigree, well there is an interesting one. Titles 3 - 2 for MON, a UEFA cup final for MON, but getting to the knock out phase of the Champ League for Eck.

Yet mentioned both as two, as far as I can see, ficticious reasons for people not wanting Mcleish and at worst perpetuated the discussions on both. Strange

Based upon the content of this thread, nothing more than that, so nothing strange.

Oh the SPL - the league McLeish managed Rangers to finish THIRD in ...

McLeish is a Gary Megson .

Youre being silly and frankly just utterly stupid trying to pretend McLeish is somehow on par with MON .

Thanks for the constructive and intelligent argument there, I was just making an alternative argument to 1, MON was not the saviour of all man kind, certainly not Villa, 2, he blew THE best chance a Villa manager has had in probably 10 years and 3, hypothetically there is no reason why AMc could not of matched this massive achievement by MON, IF he had been working in the same parameters.

All friendly banter. Nevermind. Lets all get back to the gnashing of teeth and bashing our manager.

:?

Why do you need a hypothetical when MON is FACTUALLY currently doing a better job at Sunderland than McLeish has done here all season?

Im sorry but you started with a gibberish hypotehtical when one was not even needed.

Youd be better off comparing McLeish with Gary Megson or Mick McCarthy than you are with MON.

I'm not a fan of MON. My signature may give me away a little.

Even so, I admit that MON is better than McLeish. Even now he has done better at Sunderland in his first few games with no preseason than McLeish has done in his first few games in charge with a full preseason and a very easy competition draw.

1. some of the football we have played has been to a high standard short passing with the ball on the ground, MON wasnt a fan of this kind of game

2.he won a cup with SHA even i say it was a lucky cup run but he won it. won at rangers. finished 2nd in his 1 campagain with scotland.

3.if you go to the games you game see a big difference in performance and it will soon gget results

4.i dont see lower league players relying on a system with a number 10 playing behind an out n out goals scorer along with 2 wingers

5.the fans who stay away are not real fans and should never be called that.

Â