The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Also in case it needs pointing out yet again MON is currently managing at present in the Premiership if you hadn't noticed and has won more games in 2 months than McLeish has done all season and is sitting 8th in the league.

Just to boringly point it out yet again :-

McLeish here has won 6 games in 23.

MON at Sunderland has won 7 in 11.

I don't want to be boring either, but it should in fact be pointed out that THIS IS NOT TRUE!

O'Neill has won 7 in 11 INCLUDING CUP GAMES.

So if you want to compare that with what McLeish has done all season, you must include McLeish's cup games as well.

McLeish has won 8 games. I think most fair-minded people would agree that 7 is NOT more than 8. In fact, it's not even as many. It's... LESS!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with football knowledge..........

This one never fails to please, its basically saying if you dont agree with my opinion you know nothing about football.

Why dont you repeat some of this fabulous football knowledge that you have acquired with regards to what you thought of Ireland and Keane.

and if you put the quote with the rest of what was siad... oh wait you wont do that because your trying to delliberately take it out of context

wow

what sort of idiot would do tha... oh i see.

taking snippets of a post and pretending they are something else is all you can come up with

truelly pathetic, cant answer any basic questions and has to resort to trying to cut and paste bits of a post.

my son who is 8 has more intelliegence when trying to put forward a reason for his thoughts then trying to lie.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

sums it up really

My view of McLeish depends a lot of what he will do in the summer with regards to the defence. If he manage to get in defenders that can defend and pass the ball (not hooooof), and get a defensive midfielder, I think the team will be able to fight in the top 8.

There are times we actually have played well, and with players like Bent, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Petrov, the team is not too shabby.

McLeish seems to have some man magamenet skills too, as he has done a good job with Ireland.

My view of McLeish depends a lot of what he will do in the summer with regards to the defence. If he manage to get in defenders that can defend and pass the ball (not hooooof), and get a defensive midfielder, I think the team will be able to fight in the top 8.

There are times we actually have played well, and with players like Bent, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Petrov, the team is not too shabby.

McLeish seems to have some man magamenet skills too, as he has done a good job with Ireland.

Sums it up for me.

I would also have to agree with this.

Some more stats for those who enjoy them.

First 23 Games as a manager for Villa:

MON P 23 Pts 26 POS 14 GD -4

GH P 23 Pts 25 POS 16 GD -14

AM P 23 Pts 28 POS 12 GD -3

And before anyone says MON had a weaker team I would agree with you. I would also state that the overall strength of the PL has improved since those days and there are more teams with money who are fighting for the same positions Villa are fighting for.

It's interesting that certain posters never quote Houllier's stats as it doesn't fit the agenda they're constantly banging on about.

This.

I think we will see AMC as our manager for at least one more term, so his relationship with the supprters will and definitely should depend on how he addresses the problems we have in defence. If he makes changes, the right changes, then he will show his intent.

You're right, we are'nt too shabby at all. We'd be even less shabby if the midfield/forwards were bolstered by a strong, commanding defence.

It's interesting that certain posters never quote Houllier's stats as it doesn't fit the agenda they're constantly banging on about.

Easy to forget things....

Â