The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Attendances continue to drop.

Out of both cups straight away.

6 wins in the league and only 1 win against a decent team.

We were 1 loss away from equalling a club record for consecutive losses at home.

I just don't see how a draw at home to QPR is such a positive thing. The negatives for me still outweigh any positives I've seen this season.

I see you can't blame Mcleish for warnock's mistake so then surely he doesn't get credit for a great finish from nzogbia.

I'm happy to give him credit for improving in the second half and scoring two but we were still down at half time by two goals and he has to take some blame for that.

At the end of the day it was still another **** draw at home. And still nothing to make you think Mcleish will build something good here.

Sorry to be a pedant, but we were 1 goal behind at half time.

I kind of agree with the jist of your post. Yes it was a good comeback and the second half was much improved and we created a number of chances and should have had a couple of penalties. I want to see more of that level of performance, on a more consistant basis, against better opposition before I can start to feel too positive about our future under McLeish.

Hopefully we can build on this and have a strong finish to the season, though our history throughout this season suggests we won't.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting better at attack, but worse in defence. During most of the first half of the season we were in the top half. Now we're in the bottom half and we still have the top 7 teams to play. How exactly are we improving? Are people still hung over by the Wolves result or something?

McLeish is shaping us up to 1 win out of 4 league games. How is that acceptable I have no idea.

Lose against Newcastle and we'll be on the same points as we were last season.

The thing is though, people are not happy. This guy I was talking to yesterday said the staff at VP are not happy with the manager or the direction of the club. The whole atmosphere around VP is one of disengagement.

I would suggest that most people are happy. Staff morale at VP has hugely improved since the takeover, in line with the investments that have taken place, after years and years of penny pinching decay.

Just wondering how you might know this? as a close friend of mind knows a few people from the ticket office, and he's told me that they are not enjoying working at VP at the moment.

From long standing employees of he club.

I don't doubt that there are always one or two people in any sizeable business who are disgruntled with their lot, but if they are 'not happy' with the manager of the football side of the business, then i would suggest that is more to do with the fact that they are supporters, and nothing to do with being employees.

That means that the worst case scenario come Sunday is that we are equal to last season (at a time where we were actually on the up last season having just signed Bent).

With that in mind, do you think that its slightly unfair for people such as yourself and others to continue to claim Mcliesh is taking us backwards?

Just wondering how you might know this? as a close friend of mind knows a few people from the ticket office, and he's told me that they are not enjoying working at VP at the moment.

just got to say that the ticket office is the face of the company and gets quite a lot of hassle they are not likely to be happy

The thing is though, people are not happy. This guy I was talking to yesterday said the staff at VP are not happy with the manager or the direction of the club. The whole atmosphere around VP is one of disengagement.

I would suggest that most people are happy. Staff morale at VP has hugely improved since the takeover, in line with the investments that have taken place, after years and years of penny pinching decay.

I don't doubt that there are always one or two people in any sizeable business who are disgruntled with their lot, but if they are 'not happy' with the manager of the football side of the business, then i would suggest that is more to do with the fact that they are supporters, and nothing to do with being employees.

Pretty much this. WTF has Mclieshs appointment got to do with the working environment of the ticket office. With all due respect, I doubt working in a ticket office of any sort is 100% enjoyable to 100% of staff.

Fair enough, the impression I got was it down to the working environment. Due to pressure to sell tickets due to falling crowds. I think overall they have found it more pelasant an environment since Lerner took over, but this has changed somewhat from the summer's goings on.

The bigger picture was that Houllier was trying to bring us to modern football. McLeish on the other hand has a worst football philosophy than MON.

Anyone with football knowledge would realise he's not the man to bring us forward. Mediocrity is his ceiling.

We're getting better at attack, but worse in defence. During most of the first half of the season we were in the top half. Now we're in the bottom half and we still have the top 7 teams to play. How exactly are we improving? Are people still hung over by the Wolves result or something?

McLeish is shaping us up to 1 win out of 4 league games. How is that acceptable I have no idea.

I think we will lose against Newcsatle and Man City in the next 2 games and then the games with Wigan and Blackburn away become massive for us. The games with Wigan and Blackburn will shape our season, we need 6 points from the next 4 games if we dont we are right back in the mix.

I think we will get 3 points from the next 4 games personally

Last season under Gerard Houllier: P23 Pts 25 Pos 16th Goal diff -14......

this season under Alex McLeish: P23 Pts 28 Pos 12th Goal diff -3

MON's 1st season... P23 Pts 26 Pos 14th Goal diff -4

stats speak for themselves

just got to say that the ticket office is the face of the company and gets quite a lot of hassle they are not likely to be happy

No shit sherlock. Just saying I've been informed that recently people have found it to be an even less comfortable environment to work. The impression I got was that this was down to pressure to sell tickets due to falling sales.

Going back over the seasons, the 2005/2006 season when we finished 16th with 42 points is the worst season we have had in a decade.

I suppose, based on this, Alex McLeish only has to get another 15 points from the remaining 15 games to better this points haul and finish higher than 16th in the process and then he can at least state that he hasn't had the worst of seasons in a while.

Just looking at the remaining fixtures I would estimate that we will get 16 points taking us to a season tally of 44 points. Not sure where we will finish but I think higher than 16th.

This is probably the best we can hope for at the moment.

Last season under Gerard Houllier: P23 Pts 25 Pos 16th Goal diff -14......

this season under Alex McLeish: P23 Pts 28 Pos 12th Goal diff -3

MON's 1st season... P23 Pts 26 Pos 14th Goal diff -4

stats speak for themselves

Not really, stats can be used to suit any argument. A case can be made for in O'neill's defence for his first year, for instance we came 16th the year before, he was only employed in early August so didn't have a pre-season. and inheritted one hell of a piss poor squad.

I'm not an O'Neill fan by the way, he had many many flaws.

Â