Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Well done Wales, played brilliantly :thumb:

England, well, poor. Hardly unexpected though, their discipline and decision making had been iffy at best during the groups, still, you would've backed them to turn up in the knockout stages.

I've no idea what to say about that Aus - SA game. The referee was absolutely appaling. Still, I think an Aus - NZ semi will be a far more entertaining game for the neutral.

Wales better win it now, or i'll be pissed!

Edit; Ireland now have some job on their hands before the next world cup, we'll pretty much be losing the heart of the team in O'Driscoll/D'Arcy/O'Connell/O'Callaghan/Ross/Best/O'Gara from the team that started against Wales, then experience like Leamy/Cullen/Murphy.

Don't think we'll be doing much for a while!

Terrible display of reffing in both games this morning. So many bad decisions.

I kind of enjoyed the free for all in the first game. There seem to be no rucks called in the entire game.

At one point an Aussie with his hands in the ruck was cleared away by a South African coming in from the Australian side of the ruck. No penalty given for either infraction.

Some of the defence shown by the Aussies though was sensational.

I'm backing the All Blacks to win then. Wilkinson given 3/10 in the Daily Fail, and hardly unjustified. I said it would be an error to include him and I warned a lot of English fans last week about France (after France lost to Tonga) that they'd be up for it, been one to forget for England.

England have to axe Johnson. Mallinder at Northampton would be a good replacement. (With the added bonus of weakening the Saints bastards. :) ) They will just continue to leave their potential unfulfilled.

Scrappy SA-Aus game but the Aussies'll be delighted to win anyway, NZ were weakened a bit without Carter but should have enough, interestingly thats the first time they've failed to score a first half try since 1999 (In RWC terms)

England centre Manu Tuilagi has been formally warned by police for disorderly behaviour after jumping from a ferry in Auckland.

An RFU source confirmed that Tuilagi was detained at Auckland Central Police station after swimming a short distance to Pier Three at the ferry terminal.

The RFU would not confirm whether alcohol was involved but did say the player was unharmed.

The England team are due to leave for the UK later on Monday.

The Samoa-born Leicester Tigers player jumped off the Fullers ferry Superflyte on its arrival from Waiheke Island, with the defeated England team on board just before 7pm local time on Saturday.

After being formally warned, he was then released to the the England team management.

England were knocked out of the tournament by France in the quarter-final earlier on Saturday.

Earlier this month, the International Rugby Board fined Tuilagi £4,800 for wearing an unapproved mouthguard carrying the name of a sponsor.

What the **** is wrong with these players?! Are they off their rocker? It seems to an outsider like this world cup campaign has been an absolute shambles from beginning to end. Not dissimilar to the footy world cup in SA.

Well done Wales, played brilliantly :thumb:

England, well, poor. Hardly unexpected though, their discipline and decision making had been iffy at best during the groups, still, you would've backed them to turn up in the knockout stages.

I've no idea what to say about that Aus - SA game. The referee was absolutely appaling. Still, I think an Aus - NZ semi will be a far more entertaining game for the neutral.

Wales better win it now, or i'll be pissed!

Edit; Ireland now have some job on their hands before the next world cup, we'll pretty much be losing the heart of the team in O'Driscoll/D'Arcy/O'Connell/O'Callaghan/Ross/Best/O'Gara from the team that started against Wales, then experience like Leamy/Cullen/Murphy.

Don't think we'll be doing much for a while!

o`driscoll will be the only hard one to replace maybe fitzgerald ? o`connell prob get another world cup out of him best prob get another world cup ,o gara was on the way out of the door anyway with sexton more than a decent replacment

England centre Manu Tuilagi has been formally warned by police for disorderly behaviour after jumping from a ferry in Auckland.

What the **** is wrong with these players?! Are they off their rocker?...

Yeah, he jumped off a boat. Think of the **** children.

Well happy with the Welsh performance, showing this new found belief and the defence sound as ever.

Thought Ireland were their own worst enemies - lost it in the first 15 minutes, why go for lineouts off penalties in our 22 in the opening few minutes?! Yes we'd just scored a try but three times had penalties in our 22 - only once came away with points - criminal at that stage of the game.

But of course, very happy with a win - knew that if we were in front with 20 to go we'd win it as Ireland would be dead on their feet and it showed with Jon Davies' try.

Sam Warburton too is absolutely immense.

Other games:

England - I thought theyd come good when it mattered but Wilkinson and Tuilagi aside, there was no fight, bullied up front and Ashton more bothered about arguing with the referee than doing his job.

SA/Aus - I am so glad the Aussies did them over - just hope they do the same to NZ too :)

And of course, NZ would always have beaten the Argies. :)

Same final four as 1987, isnt it?

What the **** is wrong with these players?! Are they off their rocker?...

Yeah, he jumped off a boat. Think of the **** children.

Indeed. I fail to see any sort of (big) issue here. No games to play, England out, player 'unwinds' and decides to go for an unscheduled swim.

'Hang Him'!! :?

TBH almost all of the 'issues' raised in the media about the players' behaviour seem incredibly minor, to me anyway.

I think the bigger issue is the one Andrew has raised, that being the apparent shiteness of Johnson ....

Its the same with any national sport, the media and 70% of the public got some sick pleasure out of seeing us lose and get knocked out of competitions. Every major tournement turns into a **** witch-hunt, just so that people can say "i told you so...look, we're shite!".

I wouldnt blame the players of rugby or football national teams if leading upto and during every major event they introduced a media blackout.

Its the same with any national sport, the media and 70% of the public got some sick pleasure out of seeing us lose and get knocked out of competitions. Every major tournement turns into a **** witch-hunt, just so that people can say "i told you so...look, we're shite!".

I wouldnt blame the players of rugby or football national teams if leading upto and during every major event they introduced a media blackout.

agreed sure in every football worldcup or euros the papers in the immediate weeks before the tournament always run with some shit about a player or manager

The problem is, England players need to stop putting the spotlight on themselves, Tuilagi jumping off a boat is exactly what Johnson need(s/ed) to avoid, it smacks of little or no control from the top. Whilst the offence of course is minor, and not a massive offence in any way, it highlights England's complete lack of discpline (if the pitch performances weren't clue enough) and says to me Johnson is being too chummy to the players, and letting them run riot for the promise of a good performance from them. This England side needs a wily head coaching them, another reason Mallinder would be a good choice. Look at the likes of Tuilagi, Ashton, Foden, Youngs, they're high-spirited youngish men who need a good coach to consistently bring out their undoubted class. I don't see this happening with Johnson. And as a Scotland fan I should want Johnson to stay (if he does I predict 4th place for England) but the English blood in me says "get rid, now".

France are weaker than normal it seems now as well, I fancy Wales to roll them over.

Wales have come on really well with youngsters as well.

Ireland will need to gut their team but have a good side nevertheless, the big pinch will come for them in two years time.

Scotland say what you like about the standard of players, but there are players like Gray, Barclay, Evans brothers etc who have quality, and Robinson is a good coach.

Even Italy are a good side at times.

England need to gut their squad, axe the manager, sprinkle the squad with young and experienced, and bang you've got a disciplined, organised, talented side capable of challenging for honours.

Gonna be an interesting 6N coming up.

Â