Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

slightly off topic,

just looking for a particular iconic image from 2003 when England played France. There was a ruck in that game that lasted ages and it just had Johnson standing in the middle holding the french pack back whilst barking orders to the English side of he ruck.

would look awesome as a poster but cannot find a picture or even a video of it.

Yeah Boi. Woop woop woop

Congrats Kiwi

NZ whupped us in every facet of the game and really should have won by more.

On yer, Ponky. I admire your continued sense of sensibility in situations such as this. As a Pom, I would potentially be looking for any excuse with which to undermine a s result that may not have gone our way -and have done so in the past.

I say again - On Yer, Ponky. :thumb:

The only positives France can take out of that is that NZ didn't score all the points their play deserved and that there was a fair bit of bloodletting in the game.

Other than that, it was a mighty impressive performance from NZ

I'd say beating Australia like they did today showed character. France have somehow got to the final (England - say no more and Wales - 14 men and missed a load of kicks). New Zealand have beaten both Argentina and Australia, two tough sides, especially at the breakdown.

Add to that NZ have already comfortably beaten France, whereas France have also lost to another SH side in Tonga.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. NZ by 20 points.

Gutted.

Wouldnt say we bottled it as per earlier suggestions - but:

* The referee was harsh (but correct to the letter of the law to send Sam off) - disappointed, but can see why he did it. Think he should have thought about it for more than a split second first as some of the decisions late on looked like he felt he'd been harsh.

* That didnt lose us the game - 11 points of place kicks missed, 2 drop goals missed, an inability to make the right decision is what cost us.

Fundamentally, the referee will provide those who dont really know the game a good outlet for frustration, but in reality our chances ended when Priestland was declared out, got worse when Adam Jones got injured and fundamentally ended when our experienced, 'reliable' fly-halves lost their composure on the kicks.

Truly gutted as I feel we were much better than them across the park but its a professional game and if you dont take that many easy points in a test match against a nation like France you will lose.

I hope we go on from here - the talent is there most certainly - Toby 'Jones' Falatau has been immense.

Dont believe we bottled it though - we lost our real threat when Priestland was injured. He's turned Roberts into an unstoppable force.

Good luck to France, although they'll get absolutely battered - cant see how our players will lift themselves for that ridiculous 3rd/4th.

Chuffed with the levels shown by our boys though, we've bridged a gap with the SH - we now need to learn to kill teams off. Same old story?

I blame Jones bottled a drop kick attempt several times.

Wales had a long period of possession in front of the French posts with about 10 mins to go and he would not step into the pocket. Commentators could not fathom why.

Mike Phillips delivery too slow, France Blitz defence - no chance to get it to Jones, we'd have to be within 10 yards of the line and under the sticks for it to be a clean enough strike.

Hindsight - going for a drop goal late on - bring on Lloyd Williams at scrum half to get the speed on the delivery to allow Jones the time to strike it.

Phillips always takes 2 steps, keeps the backrow honest and he does make enough breaks, but your not going to get qucik ball from him. Feel really sorry for Warby no intent would have been meant, he is a top lad, hard to meet a nicer more dedicated player. It was nice to see a wanderer make an impact on the world cup, if Brynmor jnr would have got on and scored it would have been a wanderers double.

Although the AB's are overwhelming favourites for the world cup, (and I'd like to see them win as well), does anyone else have a sneaking feeling that the French could do it, whilst the AB's 'freeze' at the final hurdle?

Â