Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

It was a dangerous tackle and worth a yellow card. Perhaps it looked worse from the ref's angle and so he gave a red. Some of the outrage is a bit over the top IMO.
I won't pretend to have seen it, but it seems a LOT of people are saying a red was harsh. Now why would you want to send someone off in such an important game unless it was absolutely stonewall?

I'd rather watch a million games and come away thinking that so-and-so from the opposition team should have been sent off and wasn't, than a single game where someone on my team was sent off harshly. It changes the game, and makes it an uneven contest. We watch sports to see an even contest, not to see how brilliantly the referee can interpret the rules of the game.

It was a dangerous tackle and worth a yellow card. Perhaps it looked worse from the ref's angle and so he gave a red. Some of the outrage is a bit over the top IMO.
I won't pretend to have seen it, but it seems a LOT of people are saying a red was harsh. Now why would you want to send someone off in such an important game unless it was absolutely stonewall?

I'd rather watch a million games and come away thinking that so-and-so from the opposition team should have been sent off and wasn't, than a single game where someone on my team was sent off harshly. It changes the game, and makes it an uneven contest. We watch sports to see an even contest, not to see how brilliantly the referee can interpret the rules of the game.

I also think the red was a mistake but it was a bad tackle and worthy of a card. Mistakes happen and the ref should have gone to the video before making such a big decision. Perhaps from the angle the ref was looking it did seem a red card though?

I was just taken back by the bias from the ITV studio team, that's all.

Don't know about inexperienced, he just hit him incredibly cleanly and didn't or couldn't hang on. It was unlucky, and the decision more sore. As as Wales supported, I'm obviously gutted about the defeat, but despite the sending off, Wales should really have won.

France created absolutely nothing, only threatened the Welsh try line once or twice, but defended really well when they had to. Wales on the other hand had enough opportunities to win the game. Three pens and a con went begging and had two decent shots at a drop goal, which were fluffed. France missed two dg attempts and had nothing else to show for it. I make that 17 points missed when just two would have done. Still the better team with 14 men, but you have to take at least a couple of your chances in tight games.

It was a dangerous tackle, and although a red (in context of the match) was harsh, it's not exactly inexplicable. Wales were still the better team with 14 men, but their decision making in Frances 22 was pretty poor on the whole. They should've won, but they'll get better as the years go on, a very good team in the making and this will only prove to be vital experience and they will be a force in the coming years.

Anyway.

France are in the final. How the fuckity **** did that happen?

I blame Mike Tindall.

Australia to win tomorow hopefully, I fear the AB's will bottle it against France if they make it and I couldn't stand (despite their lovely wine/cheese/women) if those snail munchers win.

I blame Jones bottled a drop kick attempt several times.

Wales had a long period of possession in front of the French posts with about 10 mins to go and he would not step into the pocket. Commentators could not fathom why.

This sending off is a bloody nightmare. I said before the game, I don't mind the result too much, as long as it's clear cut and the Welsh don't have some excuse to bang on about for years, about how hard done by they were.

you dont know how bad it is for rest of the world when England keeps banging on about maradona

This sending off is a bloody nightmare. I said before the game, I don't mind the result too much, as long as it's clear cut and the Welsh don't have some excuse to bang on about for years, about how hard done by they were.

you dont know how bad it is for rest of the world when England keeps banging on about maradona

And all the "Anyone But England" mob keep banging on about the Russian linesman.

And all the "Anyone But England" mob keep banging on about the Russian linesman.

not really have rarely heard people moan about that. Most people dont care except maybe the Scots

All Blacks to win by a gnat's cock, and then they will thrash the CESM's in the final.

Having said that, my other predictions were that Ireland, Saffers, and England would get to the semi-finals. Tremendous effort, that.

The linesman was Azerbaijani, not Russian. :P A Soviet? Yes, a Russian? No. ;)

Red was harsh but Wales squandered a lot of opportunities to put points on the board.

Agree about Rolland, you should not referee teams that you a) have nationality of either B) That has just knocked your country out or c) Your result directly affects the team of the nationality you are.

A&B happened today, C happened for Scotland and Samoa, (that I can name) top work IRB...

Â