Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

I am so tired of these idiotic comments. Just because one player was purchased for next to nothing and did great, then every cheap prospect should be given the benefit of the doubt? Why? Chances are that this Enda Stevens will 99,99% suck badly, and be released from his contract later on. Not pessimism, just a realistic approach.

Seamus Coleman and Kevin DOyle were signed for peanuts and they have turned out ok. If we signed teh equivalent in England would probably cost 3 or 4 times his value.

Sometimes these signings pay off

Saw him play for Shams tonight against Sligo Rovers. I thought he did well. He was involved in every good move that Shams had and put in a few dangerous crosses. He is composed on the ball while his fellow defenders hoofed every time. I'll be curious to see how he gets on in our reserve team. I think he will be a better player when surrounded by better players.

Out of curiosity why do you think it is a bad signing? If my memory serves me correctly we signed Yorke for the equilivant of a bag of balls, some cones and bibs (obvious exaggeration) and he turned out to be one of best players of the premiership era

I am so tired of these idiotic comments. Just because one player was purchased for next to nothing and did great, then every cheap prospect should be given the benefit of the doubt? Why? Chances are that this Enda Stevens will 99,99% suck badly, and be released from his contract later on. Not pessimism, just a realistic approach.

Thankfully we're paying him for football, not blowjobs.

Saw him play for Shams tonight against Sligo Rovers. I thought he did well. He was involved in every good move that Shams had and put in a few dangerous crosses. He is composed on the ball while his fellow defenders hoofed every time. I'll be curious to see how he gets on in our reserve team. I think he will be a better player when surrounded by better players.

Big thanks to VillaEire and all others putting in relevant and interesting information and thoughts about this young fella soon to be Villa player, instead of tiresome textual nonentities like "he will probably suck!!" etc.

We all KNOW that the probability that Mr. Stevens wont turn out to be the next God (or even a Dunne class of player) is excessively high. That is just the way it is.

Somehow, sometimes, however seldom, a player finds within himself all the right combination of personal traits and talent to become the One that really makes it all worth it, tenfolds, every acquisition that didn't quite live up to his potential.

Following such a player on his tentative steps from unknown youth towards classy Villa player is one of the few reasons football is still fun and engaging. I want our players to succeed, and it's so damn fun when they do.

In the meantime I enjoy all signs that Enda Stevens might just be this person, even though the chances are still very small, and all posts bringing something _about_ the player, especially positive ones, are to prefer ahead of bickering about, frankly, things that we all know already.

paul mcgrath, signed from the league of ireland

roy keane, signed from the league of ireland

steve staunton, signed from the league of ireland

kevin doyle, signed from the league of ireland

dont write stevens off at all til he's had a season at villa park

I totally agree, rather this than sign somebody like Shorey on high wages who is pretty useless.

I totally agree, rather this than sign somebody like Shorey on high wages who is pretty useless.

Completely agree with this. May turn to be out a gem of a player! Fingers crossed and if not then at least we ain't spent a fortune on him like Beye!

its typical of our fans to write this player off before he's even landed in england - its what makes other teams laugh at us....

They are also probably the same fans that moan about the established players we sign and also say none of our academy players will ever make it.

DOL had a word for it. Now what was it........?

its typical of our fans to write this player off before he's even landed in england - its what makes other teams laugh at us....

They are also probably the same fans that moan about the established players we sign and also say none of our academy players will ever make it.

DOL had a word for it. Now what was it........?

Incorrect usage.

Un-f*ckin-believable - some typical comments from Villa fans who are judging a player on his cost and know f all about him as a player. I am glad we are giving the lad the opportunity to develop himself. Some Villa fans really think we have a devine right to go out and buy top superstar quality player because we are Aston Villa. The goalsposts have changed people and therefore we have to rely on other means, our youth and finding bargains. Stop you moaning and back whoever wears the shirt!

Fair play to the fans on hear that are backing the lad.

Un-f*ckin-believable - some typical comments from Villa fans who are judging a player on his cost and know f all about him as a player. I am glad we are giving the lad the opportunity to develop himself. Some Villa fans really think we have a devine right to go out and buy top superstar quality player because we are Aston Villa. The goalsposts have changed people and therefore we have to rely on other means, our youth and finding bargains. Stop you moaning and back whoever wears the shirt!

Fair play to the fans on hear that are backing the lad.

"here"

8)

Big thanks to VillaEire and all others putting in relevant and interesting information and thoughts about this young fella soon to be Villa player, instead of tiresome textual nonentities like "he will probably suck!!" etc.

We all KNOW that the probability that Mr. Stevens wont turn out to be the next God (or even a Dunne class of player) is excessively high. That is just the way it is.

Somehow, sometimes, however seldom, a player finds within himself all the right combination of personal traits and talent to become the One that really makes it all worth it, tenfolds, every acquisition that didn't quite live up to his potential.

Following such a player on his tentative steps from unknown youth towards classy Villa player is one of the few reasons football is still fun and engaging. I want our players to succeed, and it's so damn fun when the

In the meantime I enjoy all signs that Enda Stevens might just be this person, even though the chances are still very small, and all posts bringing something _about_ the player, especially positive ones, are to prefer ahead of bickering about, frankly, things that we all know already.

great post - i hope he makes it. reference to mark delaney too he scrapped his way through the welsh leagues and was very good for us. we need players with the desire not primadonnas. a villa built on those players is always better than ones who come in with a reputation.

Question to those that have seen him. Is he a standout player in the Irish league?

Honest answer, no he's not, but how many 21 year old full backs are stand outs in any league. It's not a position that grabs the headlines too often. He's a player with great potential, whether he fulfills that potential remains to be seen but he's a great attitude and gives his all and also has a great cross on him. Tune in tonight to see him first hand yourself, I just hope this place isn't overrun with negatives if he makes a mistake!

Â