Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Really poor signing IMO.

Complete waste of money (however little) and turned down by forest,Stockport and Yeovil.

Really poor signing IMO.

Complete waste of money (however little) and turned down by forest,Stockport and Yeovil.

Out of curiosity why do you think it is a bad signing? If my memory serves me correctly we signed Yorke for the equilivant of a bag of balls, some cones and bibs (obvious exaggeration) and he turned out to be one of best players of the premiership era, if Enda is half as good we will be happy. This is just the type of signings needed to boost the squad. Wolves have done it with Jarvis, Kightly, Ward etc....just because they are not big names doesnt mean that they cant be useful squad players.

Really poor signing IMO.

Are you taking the piss? Rated as one of the best young prospects in the Irish League. Excelling for a team putting in a good show in Europe.... ergo yeah he's shit. Why do we even bother trying to sign prospects, United and Spurs don't want him. of course all Irish players are shit. Everton are really regretting snapping up Seamus Coleman.

:bang:

Anyone that has read Roy Keane's biography will know the trouble he had in finding an English club willing to take him on, he wrote to about 30 of them and only Forest would give him a trial, a punt can be worthwhile!

• 2 weeks later...

I caught most of the game yesterday and he was Shams best player I thought. Obviously he's not ready to come into our team right away but he looks a good prospect and these European games will help him develop as he plays against a higher standard of player.

Out of curiosity why do you think it is a bad signing? If my memory serves me correctly we signed Yorke for the equilivant of a bag of balls, some cones and bibs (obvious exaggeration) and he turned out to be one of best players of the premiership era

I am so tired of these idiotic comments. Just because one player was purchased for next to nothing and did great, then every cheap prospect should be given the benefit of the doubt? Why? Chances are that this Enda Stevens will 99,99% suck badly, and be released from his contract later on. Not pessimism, just a realistic approach.

Out of curiosity why do you think it is a bad signing? If my memory serves me correctly we signed Yorke for the equilivant of a bag of balls, some cones and bibs (obvious exaggeration) and he turned out to be one of best players of the premiership era

I am so tired of these idiotic comments. Just because one player was purchased for next to nothing and did great, then every cheap prospect should be given the benefit of the doubt? Why? Chances are that this Enda Stevens will 99,99% suck badly, and be released from his contract later on. Not pessimism, just a realistic approach.

Yeah that's the likelihood of players signed when they are about 16-17 but he's further on then those in terms of obviously age and also performing on a bigger stage. Of course it remains to be seen whether he will cut the mustard week in and week out but he's got a fair chance. Just because he wasn't a multi-million signing I would give him more of a chance than 0.01%

Â