Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Who the **** is Enda Stevens?? He may be a superstar or he might be shite but who the **** is he?

Young Irish left-full. Career so far: UCD, St Patrick's Athletic and Shamrock Rovers - all in the Irish League. He's played consistenly well at all of his clubs, each being a step up from the previous. He's also played well in the Europa League in the past three years for both Pats and Rovers, with some notable scalps along the way.

I like this signing. :) I mean, of course he can turn out shite, but I like it when we try something like this.

Welcome to VP, mr Enda! (which means "only one" in swedish as in "den enda"="the only one", btw)

"My aim is to do well for Shamrock Rovers for the remainder of this season, then to come to Villa in January, build a relationship with the lads in the team and settle in quickly and, hopefully, stay here for the rest of my career."

Was Charlie Aitken involved in the signing? :winkold:

Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill said: "This is another mark of how this club is progressing and how well-regarded our players are outside of Ireland. Enda deserves great credit for how he has improved his game and placed himself in a position that one of England's biggest clubs wanted to recruit him

Nice to still be considered "one of England's biggest clubs" :winkold:

What happens if he gets injured between now and January? Should have signed him now.

isn't the timing of their season different to ours? I'm thinking they finish soon (sure I heard someone say 3 of the Europa league games are during their break) if that's the case it makes sense IMO let him rest get some experience in Europe and then join knowing that we did him a bit a favour too

The 21-year-old Ireland U21 international defender will remain a Shamrock Rovers player until the new year, which will see him stay with the Hoops for the rest of the season and the Europa League Group Stages.

Both clubs have agreed to complete the deal in January

Forgive my ignorance, but these dates are disorientating.

Does the Irish league programme finish at Christmas or in January?

When does it start in that case?

What happens if he gets injured between now and January? Should have signed him now.

What happens if we sign a player then loan him back to the selling club and he gets injured?

What happens if we loan a player to another club and he gets injured?

What happens if a player gets injured in training?

Should we sign everyone available in case of unlikely possibilities?

This seems like a very sensible deal to me...

The 21-year-old Ireland U21 international defender will remain a Shamrock Rovers player until the new year, which will see him stay with the Hoops for the rest of the season and the Europa League Group Stages.

Both clubs have agreed to complete the deal in January

Forgive my ignorance, but these dates are disorientating.

Does the Irish league programme finish at Christmas or in January?

When does it start in that case?

It's a summer league, ending 28th October with a few Europa games before Christmas.

Some rest after his season, and some practice along with it.

Ill have to make my way to see Rovers and Spuds now. I think he will do ok over there as style of football is similar(not like he coming from Italy or Spain) just your game is a lot faster but he still young enough to adapt.

Our league has had success with Doyle, Coleman and Long in last 5 years or so and hopefully Stevens will follow this

Â