Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Now vanished off Twitter, looks like she was getting some serious abuse if you search on her name.

Crazy slutbucket.

As for Chris, I was a fan last season, I really do think he did well in his own right and not just as a shining light in a shit team. Deserves a lot of credit for massive strides he has made. He definitely has a part to play, he's fairly versatile and he has that bit of bite some of our current crop lack. He's actually a decent footballer as well which I think some people ignore because he's got a tackle in him.

Aside from his GateCrasher incident I had him down as one of the more likeable lads in the squad, dumb as a post mind.

Good work detective :detect:

Not sure if sarcasm. :lol:

haha no was actually very impressed you were able to find out who the picture was of so quick...or should I be concerned? :D

Just looked at the image source, typed it into gogle and it gave me the website. :D

Aside from his GateCrasher incident I had him down as one of the more likeable lads in the squad, dumb as a post mind.

didnt he actually headbutt a post last season on his debut?

Anyone who watched a lot of reserves in the past willing to enlighten me in what position he normally played for them?

I was under the impression that he was always a midfielder and that he only played right back on the odd occassion? (just something I thought I read). However, some people seem to think his natural position has always been right back.

He had a good season in midfield last yr and would be happy to see more of him there this season.

At his age and stage of development, your position can and does change. But certainly from following the reserves the impression I got was that he was a rightback at that level. He even broke into the senior side as a right back (and got MOTM). He then moved to defensive mid and it's like he was born to play there.

Chris Herd is already a very accomplished footballer and a versatile player.

I worry for him slightly in that there can be a tendency for managers who have a player like him, to use them as an impact super sub.

After sixty minutes if there was a problem in the midfield or defence you could slot Herd in there off the bench and he'd do well.

So, because of that, players like him (Milner is another one) can become frustrated by their first team regularity and/or end up playing in their weakest position and not really showcasing their full potential.

In my opinion, Herds' best position is defensive midfield. He has a great engine and can clear up and intercept well whilst possessing the intelligence, ball control and pass accuracy to begin a move.

He does love to dive in and sometimes that can result in him giving silly fouls away, for this reason I wouldn't play him too far back in fear of conceding free-kicks and penalties.

Big fan of Herd, still baffles me how he didn't win any club awards at the end of the season, especially young player. Think he could compliment El Ahmadi well in midfield, would give the front 4 more freedom to play their attacking football.

Chris Herd is already a very accomplished footballer and a versatile player.

I worry for him slightly in that there can be a tendency for managers who have a player like him, to use them as an impact super sub.

After sixty minutes if there was a problem in the midfield or defence you could slot Herd in there off the bench and he'd do well.

So, because of that, players like him (Milner is another one) can become frustrated by their first team regularity and/or end up playing in their weakest position and not really showcasing their full potential.

In my opinion, Herds' best position is defensive midfield. He has a great engine and can clear up and intercept well whilst possessing the intelligence, ball control and pass accuracy to begin a move.

He does love to dive in and sometimes that can result in him giving silly fouls away, for this reason I wouldn't play him too far back in fear of conceding free-kicks and penalties.

Just the 8 pints?

if we get brahimi in, then we'll have a lot of options in the middle of the park. it'll be very interesting to see how we line up. herd was deffo one of the only bright points of last season, i think he looks a player. lambert will rotate the squad so as understudy to el ahmadi he'd get games. if we wanted to play 2 holding players then herd and el ahmadi would be a good pair of ball winners and protect the back 4 well. they both can pass the ball well too.

He's great, cos he'd just ****' 'av anyone

This is the reason I like him.

We've lacked a bit of grit in recent years.

Herd can do the dirty stuff that the fancypants-pussyfoot-twinkletoe-billy-big-bollocks-dive-around-type players can't!

:winkold:

Â