Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Is Lowton injured, too? Lambert deployed him in the middle a few times in preseason, I imagine he'd be moved in before Herd with Lichaj at RB. Neither Herd nor Lowtown fill me with much confidence as central defenders, though, so hopefully Baker or Clark will be fit. We're gonna need to buy another senior CB in January, methinks.

Honestly, not too sure mate. I remember MM saying that Herd would be fourth choice CB, but like you said, Lowton has played there a few times for us. I think the main reason Herd might get the nod would be because of his aerial ability and Lambert preferring to have a bit more of an attacking fb in Lowton. I do agree though that we could do with an experienced CB in January. Worryingly thin in that position.

Then again, Herd might also have a knock becuase he wasn't on the bench at Craven Cottage...who knows

Delph isn't a DM though, so of course anybody would pick Herd to be a DM over Delph... as Delph cant play that position, he's an attacking minded midfielder and he's never going to be be a decent DM.

Should be played at CM, AM, at a push Left Winger and if truly desperate as an attacking LB

Seen nothing of Delph recently to suggest he is attack minded. I'm not quite sure what he actually does these days apart from give the ball away.

Delph has been one of our better performers this season IMO.

Looked comfortable on the ball, he's growing in confidence.

Yeah, definitely - he had a lot of potential when we bought him, stuttered for a while for various reasons but now is starting to get into his stride - looking promising.

Yeah, definitely - he had a lot of potential when we bought him, stuttered for a while for various reasons but now is starting to get into his stride - looking promising.

he just can't get injured or he's screwed again!

He's a decent versatile player to have in the squad.

Probably not good enough to start week in week out (although you look at the central midfield...) but this isn't the first time he's come in and had a good game at central defence/right back/midifeld....

thought the lad did well on Saturday-- has good spring in his boots-reckon won most of his headed contests,-- surprised me, could be wrong, in that that he seemed to be marshalling the back 4 especialy at free kicks,

versatile player CB, RB DM-----to me would be included every game,and brings some bite into our play, does seem commited -----but gives the impression is a yellow/red card waiting, needs to, if he can hold back just a wee bit,

Â