Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

I agree with you about the standard. There are some skilful players and some quality football on show, but you can sees in the Asian Champs league the Aussie teams generally struggle against the better Japanese Korean and Chinese teams.

OT a little but this is the current lineup for A-League side Melbourne Heart:

----------------- Redders -----------------

Walker -- Wielart -- Kisnorbo -- Behich

------- Gerhardt ------- Engelaar -------

Dugandzic ----------------------- Ramsay

------------------- Kewell -----------------

------------------ McGrath -----------------

That's about League 1 standard for mine.

OT a little but this is the current lineup for A-League side Melbourne Heart:

----------------- Redders -----------------

Walker -- Wielart -- Kisnorbo -- Behich

------- Gerhardt ------- Engelaar -------

Dugandzic ----------------------- Ramsay

------------------- Kewell -----------------

------------------ McGrath -----------------

That's about League 1 standard for mine.

wasnt that long ago that Engelaar looked a good in European Championships and then never done anything of note after that

• Like 1

He was probably around 29 at that time and already a slow player with inconsistent technique, has had some bad injuries since (in fact, has a broken leg right now, I think), so he just couldn't keep up with the pace any longer. Surprised he didn't retire, but I guess it's the proverbial last big paycheck.

Kisnorbo was a decent centre half for Leicester and Leeds but has had horrendous injuries.

I really can't see Herd going to play in the A league at this point of his career, I'd imagine he could get a loan to a championship club easily enough to play games. Lichaj has started really well for Forest so Herdy would have no problems in that league.

• 2 months later...

Still can't believe he is here, such a poor player, comes to no suprise that NOT 1 Championship team has taken him on loan, but he never pulled up many trees at Lincoln, Port Vale or Wycombe on loan a few years back.

McLeish gave him a 4 year contract, so stuck with him till 2015/2016.

Still can't believe he is here, such a poor player, comes to no suprise that NOT 1 Championship team has taken him on loan, but he never pulled up many trees at Lincoln, Port Vale or Wycombe on loan a few years back.

Couldn't disagree more. Decent player that has struggled with injuries over the last 12 months or so. His versatility alone warrants a place in the squad.

Hasnt ever let us down hmm i'd disagree with that big time, he's often reckless, gung ho and just a very average at best player. You cant fault him because you wont find someone who works harder but he's had some horror shows here. If i recall he was at fault for atleast 4 of chelseas goals in that hammering last season.

The reason he's here is if we have a major injury crisis in defence, he'll be playing given he's filled in at centre half and RB in the past. It wouldn't be smart to get rid of him when we've lost Okore for the season so we're left with Clark, Baker and Vlaar, the last two who had their injuries last season.

I agree limited but worth keeping around for now. Can't have much longer left on his contract so would imagine he'd move on to a championship club in the summer like Lichaj did (who's doing well at Forest).

Couldn't disagree more. Decent player that has struggled with injuries over the last 12 months or so. His versatility alone warrants a place in the squad.

Yeah he is shit in a variety of positions, instead of just one......

He is no worse than sylla in a defensive midfield role, unfortunately like a lot of our academy graduates they look quite good when there given a few games but don't progress.

Id expect Chris to ser his contract out and be released unless someone comes in for him in the meantime.

Quite like the lad though

Â