Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

Kenny wont get sacked. They might insist he resigns like Ellis did with Brian Little, but the owners would be stupid to humiliate Dalglish with a P45.

He won't be asked to resign either, he will just move jobs.

The head of sports medicine/science has also left with more to follow apparently.

I'd love a similar shake up to happen at villa.

It's fairly* obvious that Comolli's resignation/firing/whatever is in preparation for moving Dalglish upstairs, thereby (rightly) protecting their legend and allowing the club to progress where clearly they aren't at the moment.

* and by fairly I mean 'painfully blatantly transparently'.

It's fairly* obvious that Comolli's resignation/firing/whatever is in preparation for moving Dalglish upstairs, thereby (rightly) protecting their legend and allowing the club to progress where clearly they aren't at the moment.

* and by fairly I mean 'painfully blatantly transparently'.

Not so sure, it could be because he's spunked about £80 million on Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Adam & Coates (who?), none of which you'd term a success.

Board to Dalglish: What is going wrong

Dalglish: Comolli keeps buying crap for shiploads, I'd do much better on my own.

Even if that was the line of communication, the net result is that he will move up into the now-vacant position and someone will come in under him. I doubt NESV will let him have next season too. They don't suffer from the emotional ties to Dalglish that the fans do and they're capable of looking at it objectively.

I don't understand the role of Director of Football. Comolli asks Dalglish if he wants to sign Carroll? Dalglish says 'Aye'. For £35m? 'Aye'. Comolli gets the blame.

Well Cornioli or however you spell his name spunked £113m of the owners money against the wall paying over the odds for every single player he signed. The only surprise is its taken this long for the club to work it out. Mind you it was miles quicker than our owner.

Added to that Daglish has the full backing of the Board......loving it!!

They have sacrificed Comolli in order to save Dalglish or at least that is how I see it.

They part company with Comolli and state their faith in Dalglish thus attempting to absolve him from blame for the poor performance of the team by implication that he isn't the one at fault.

Given Dalgish's status with the fans and the rock and the hard place they find themselves in regarding his future I think its a smart move.

Throw Comolli to the wolves and put an arm around the shoulders of the fans hero while holding the dagger behind their backs.

They just removed the element of doubt, Dalgish now stands on his own two feet, if he fails then they won't need to worry about the fans reaction when they remove him.

Some on RAWK will probably see this as Dalgish winning, the reality though might just be very different.

Or at least that is how I see it.

Dalglish insists that he made the decision on every transfer, Comolli just did the leg work. So Kenny still happy to take the responsibility for the shite they've signed.